Why so cattiwampus?

I've been a paying user since the beginning.  Each iteration seems to change the rules & adds features I never use.  I manage upwards of 8TB data & help colleagues with above the Software & hardware they are not able to solve. 

I'm not a tech & only deal in solutions by: thinking strategically, acting operationally with situation awareness to create dots to a solution.

Simply I use EVERNOTE as a SUPER CLOUD WORD application making it INCREDIBLY POWERFUL & USEFUL.   Is there a  cheat sheet I can download to learn what evernote does I can use what is use what is useful to me & avoid, skip the rest.

Regards,

1396315585_klxdrtchainwheel.jpg.30db15b31fd4f1cf870951f5f31545d0.jpg

• Level 5*
32 minutes ago, klxdrt said:

Simply I use EVERNOTE as a SUPER CLOUD WORD application

Not clear about the meaning of "CLOUD WORD" (or cattiwampus)
I use Evernote as a cloud service for the storage and organization of my notes/documents (13,000+)

>>Is there a  cheat sheet I can download to learn what evernote does I can use what is use what is useful to me & avoid, skip the rest.

Sorry, I don't  have a source.    
I mostly learn from experimenting with the apps/service, and reading this forum posts of other's experience   
If you have specific questions, post them here and you'll get feedback

Evernote is a generic service offering storage/organization features and options.    
I agree, it is "INCREDIBLY POWERFUL & USEFUL"
I've developed my own workflow; using the features I need; ignoring the rest 

An important point is the device/platform used  
The Windows/Mac platforms are full featured   
- Mac supports scripting via Applescript

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, klxdrt said:

I use EVERNOTE  just like MS WORD if it was a Cloud service.  I use the K. I. S. S. principle.

Evernote provides a note editor; I use it for basic notes

For extended features, I use alternate editors; Word/Pages, Excel/Numbers, ...
I save the documents as note attachments

• Level 5
1 hour ago, klxdrt said:

Thanks for the quick reply,

I mean that I use EVERNOTE  just like MS WORD if it was a Cloud service.  I use the K. I. S. S. principle.

Regards,

klxdrt

Which it isn't. Hence the cattiwampus. (And I thank you for introducing cattiwampus into our discussions!)

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Pick your meaning carefully....  ;)

Cattywampus is a variant of catawampus, another example of grand 19th century American slang. In addition to “askew” catawampus may refer to “an imaginary fierce wild animal,” or may mean “savage, destructive.”

I found it helpful to set up this shared Notebook so it is synced and available offline:

https://www.evernote.com/pub/spgscott/evernote5help

That same EN user, spgscott, has an earlier version of this help that is mostly obsolete but still has a few goodies:

https://www.evernote.com/pub/spgscott/evernote-help/

Those are the closest things I know of to a cheat sheet. Hope this helps.

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, klxdrt said:

I'm not a tech & only deal in solutions by: thinking strategically, acting operationally with situation awareness to create dots to a solution.

Simply I use EVERNOTE as a SUPER CLOUD WORD application making it INCREDIBLY POWERFUL & USEFUL.   Is there a  cheat sheet I can download to learn what evernote does I can use what is use what is useful to me & avoid, skip the rest.

Um, think strategically and don't deny us our situational awareness by being specific about your use case for Evernote is. There is no one cheat sheet that covers every best use of Evernote. How could we possibly figure out what it useful to you unless we know what you're trying to do?

Yes, I knew what cattiwampus means (however you spell it). Evernote has changed over the years, and bugs can sometimes creep in, but the Windows version? I wouldn't call it "cattiwampus": The web version, perhaps, though.