• Level 5*

In Evernote Windows Desktop there's a way to copy the title (as a link) and the size of every note and paste it into Excel,  then run a sort and matching search to extract the notes with the same name and size.  You could then use the links to open each note in Evernote and delete duplicates...  but that could take hours,  and all you get is a slightly smaller local footprint and -maybe - very slightly quicker searches.  I live with duplicates unless and until they become obvious - like two identical hits in the same search.  Then I take a few seconds to tidy up.

• Level 5*

Another way is to go to All notes, sort by title, Ctrl+A to highlight the list, Ctrl+C to copy the list, open Excel, Ctrl+V to paste the list.  Add a column to do a title compare, something like should B be the title column, =if(B2=B1,"Y","") and then go look at the Y's.  FWIW.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
5 hours ago, amartya said:

saved a note more than 1 time

It's not a priority for me, but I could use a script on my Mac to hunt for duplicates.

If these are web clippings, the sourceURL would be duplicated.  This is a search field

• Level 5*

It’s not how many notes you have it’s how many dups.  Finding them isn’t that hard per the above.  If you have a lot of dups that could take some time to fix.  Or per @gazumped ignore them until they appear in a search.  

• Level 5*
33 minutes ago, CalS said:

Finding them isn’t that hard per the above.

I have pushing 50,000 notes and a couple hundred possible dupes - since they're spread through the database I would have to visit each one to delete it,  or find an app / work out how to write a script to do that in bulk.  Too much effort for no reward.  I'm letting them relax into a false sense of security...  but come the day I actually need one of the notes,  the duplicate is toast!  😉

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, gazumped said:

I have pushing 50,000 notes and a couple hundred possible dupes - since they're spread through the database I would have to visit each one to delete it,  or find an app / work out how to write a script to do that in bulk.  Too much effort for no reward.  I'm letting them relax into a false sense of security...  but come the day I actually need one of the notes,  the duplicate is toast!  😉

Hey, not saying it’s worth my time either.  Just saying it isn’t that hard to find them via Excel.  Pick your own poison at that point.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

@CalS - not accusin',  just sayin.. 😉

I also used Excel to limit the list down to 150-ish by sorting on note title and size,  but it's not an exact science.  I'd rather deal with dups as a maintenance issue when dealing with search hits.  I never tried to clear out old notes either but in an unrelated search I just found (and deleted) a discount code from 2011 that's probably not worth a great deal now... 

No point to checking all my notes from that year though - I didn't start using a tag for offers until much later.  😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
22 hours ago, CalS said:

Laziness is an asset from time to time.  :ph34r:

I've been saying "laziness is its own reward" for some time. Even my wife agrees with that... usually... :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1