Simplified download page evernote for windows

Go to solution Solved by Dave-in-Decatur,

My Goodness, i just want to say to evernote team: make your site more simple!
It's clear, and exactly why it was frustrating to find something simple like download page for evernote for windows!
Plus, when i click on "write us an email".... lots of choices and in the end...write to community...🙄
when i want to write in this forum, it was hard to make this post.

• Level 5
  • Solution
3 hours ago, lea-b1980 said:

My Goodness, i just want to say to evernote team: make your site more simple!
It's clear, and exactly why it was frustrating to find something simple like download page for evernote for windows!
Plus, when i click on "write us an email".... lots of choices and in the end...write to community...🙄
when i want to write in this forum, it was hard to make this post.

Welcome to the forums! We are mostly other Evernote users here, not Evernote staff or development team. If you're talking about the evernote.com home page I tend to agree that it is heavily loaded with marketing, and does not offer much help for people who already have Evernote accounts. The Download App link is way down at the bottom of the page. It could certainly be featured more prominently.

20 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Did https://evernote.com/download not do it for you?

Of course! But, i'm trying right now, i really don't know where to reach this page from evernote.com!

If you go to evernote.com is like a big commercials. It's fun, it's easy, etc. "choose plain for you"... and i: "yes! Basic!" Evernote websites: "sign in!"
No! I are already signed! I have an older version in my pc, i just want to download last version!

I like evernote, even if from limit of two devices i'm turned into google keep! But now, i want to manage older notes and make some specific notes.

This is not a big problem but i just want to say to webmaster: dear webmaster, please! make a simple link to download page! In the top of page!

Now i have found this link! Writing this answer i try and now i found it!
On bottom of page, "download app"... finally! (even if, if you read 'app' maybe you think playstore) But is not too easy to find it because you submerged of info that you don't care if you know the product and even if, if you choose a plain, you must register or signin first! Thanks!

35 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Welcome to the forums! We are mostly other Evernote users here, not Evernote staff or development team. If you're talking about the evernote.com home page I tend to agree that it is heavily loaded with marketing, and does not offer much help for people who already have Evernote accounts. The Download App link is way down at the bottom of the page. It could certainly be featured more prominently.

Thanks! Writing the first answer i have found it! Thanks for the support, i hope some webmaster will know it and do something!

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Well, hrrrmmm, of course - maybe it is meant to be like that, so that only those-who-are-chosen are able to enter the holy grail of the install-shrine, down at the very south of webpage-country. So, welcomed back, pilgrim to the long and winding road to digital wisdom ... etc. pp.

• Haha 1
  • Level 5*
7 hours ago, lea-b1980 said:

Valid point.  Seems download would be at the top or at least a products menu item at the top.  But is a lonely small font entry at the very bottom of a longish page.  In fact, from the web page it's not obvious that a desktop version even exists.. Seems a bit weird for a product where the desktop download was once front and center.  Just saying, probably nothing, but weird to me...

ScreenClip.thumb.png.20da4228349b0c329d55a1a7894853b3.png

• Level 5*

From memory,  the 'sign up or log in' option may have been intended to deal with that...  If you do,  indeed,  sign up,  you create an account (which you need to do anyway) and then get prompted to download the app if you're connecting from a supported OS/ device.

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, gazumped said:

From memory,  the 'sign up or log in' option may have been intended to deal with that...  If you do,  indeed,  sign up,  you create an account (which you need to do anyway) and then get prompted to download the app if you're connecting from a supported OS/ device.

My memory is of a download button "above the fold" on the web page, back in the day, however long ago that was.  No biggie, but conspiracy theorists could have a great time with it's movement to the living section.  ;)  

• Level 5
On 7/27/2019 at 4:03 AM, gazumped said:

But if you've already got an account, and for whatever reason you only decide later that you want the program ... it's a hard slog to find that "Download app" link.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
On 7/26/2019 at 5:46 PM, lea-b1980 said:

This is not a big problem but i just want to say to webmaster: dear webmaster, please! make a simple link to download page! In the top of page!

The Webmasters, alas, do not live here. :) They do look in sometimes, but not predictably, nor do they really look for suggestions here. There are forums to give feedback and suggestions for the various programs (https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/449-product-feedbackfeature-requests/), and you might perhaps post in one of them.