Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo

Evernote Plug In for Outlook 2013

Windows evernote

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#41 Masahiko Ebisuda

Masahiko Ebisuda

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

I upgraded my office pc to Outlook 2013 today, and it had crashed.
Please help me...

#42 dlu

dlu

• Title: Evernote Employee
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

It's still on the high on our list, especially with Evernote Business launched. We're working on high priority bugs (including Outlook Clipper bugs) and will get back to adding in 2013 support soon
If you have a serious issue with Evernote, you can submit a support request here. Evernote employees read the forums, but it is not run by customer support or a way to directly get customer support.

Check out our Knowledgebase.
View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows
Check out the Getting Started Guide
Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#43 Infradeploy

Infradeploy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

+1

#44 BruceBacon

BruceBacon

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

+1

#45 Jeremy E

Jeremy E

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

+ for me too. But, meanwhile, here's an Outlook 13 workaround. (by the way, I spent some time trying to create a macro for "Add Evernote BCC" but that was above my tech ability) Seems like a couple of good macro buttons could be created easily. Just saying.

By the way, I don't forward every incoming or outgoing message, I presume that would be easy with a rule. I just want a button to add something to my Evernote folders out of Outlook.

Use the "Quick Steps" feature in Outlook. (on the Home ribbon when in inbox) Create 2 new quicksteps.

1. New Evernote Message: Create a new message, under the other options, choose "BCC" and add your evernote email as the BCC. Use this when you are about to write an email you want to bcc evernote on. Oh yeah, and add a rule to categorize it, create a "filed in evernote" category, so after you send this email, you'll know it's already filed. Also, I changed the icon to a green square. (and used an olive green category for "filed" status")

2. FWD to Evernote: Same deal, but forwards existing emails to your evernote address, then categorizes it as sent to evernote. This lets you use the right-click Quick Steps dropdown in any inbox, sent box, or whatever to quickly forward to evernote. Doesn't use bcc, but you could if you wanted.

#46 Josh Miller

Josh Miller

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

Hello.

I have Outlook 2013 installed, and the plugin continues to crash the application.

What is the timeline for that to be fixed?

Thanks.

#47 dlu

dlu

• Title: Evernote Employee
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

We don't give out timelines, but it is high on our priority list
If you have a serious issue with Evernote, you can submit a support request here. Evernote employees read the forums, but it is not run by customer support or a way to directly get customer support.

Check out our Knowledgebase.
View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows
Check out the Getting Started Guide
Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#48 Josh Miller

Josh Miller

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

Thank you for the quick response. I will watch for the update once it is released.

#49 swbuehler

swbuehler

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

I'm also waiting for Outlook 2013 support; in the meantime, you can forward the note as an attachment to your Evernote email address, and Evernote converts the attached email to a note (you'll still have to clean up the Author field to the actual person who sent the email instead of yourself, but this works until they create a plug-in).

#50 stefan@willinet.ch

stefan@willinet.ch

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

good to know that this is high priority - have the same Problem. thanks stefan

#51 fara

fara

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

Hi,
First off apologies as I am new here and this might not be the right forum - please move this thread to the right forum.
I am experiencing a crash in Outlook 2013 when loading the Evernote Clipboard add-on implemented in EvernoteOL.dll.
The crash occurs as an access violation in EvernoteOL.dll:

.text:1000AEF0 8B 44 24 04 mov eax, [esp+arg_0]
.text:1000AEF4 8B 48 18 mov ecx, [eax+18h]
.text:1000AEF7 8B 44 24 0C mov eax, [esp+arg_8]
.text:1000AEFB 8B 11 mov edx, [ecx] ; we fail here as ecx is set to zero
.text:1000AEFD 8B 52 04 mov edx, [edx+4]
.text:1000AF00 50 push eax
.text:1000AF01 8B 44 24 0C mov eax, [esp+4+arg_4]
.text:1000AF05 50 push eax
.text:1000AF06 FF D2 call edx
.text:1000AF08 C2 0C 00 retn 0Ch

This occurs when mso.dll which is part of office 2013 presumably tries to load the Evernote.Clipboard add-in.
Outlook 2013 then disables the add-on - I have version 4.6.0.7670 (268178) of EverNote.

Note: I am using 32-bit Office 2013.

#52 Brian M

Brian M

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

Just gonna throw this out here...

Me Too...

I can assist with detailed crash dump data if you would like, just to make your lives easier.. I live and die by the outlook plugin, so I have some skin in this game.

Enviroment:
Windows 8, x64
Outlook 2013 x32

Crash dump:

Log Name: Application
Source: Outlook
Date: 1/2/2013 3:02:31 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Brian-Win8
Description:
Add-in execution error. Outlook crashed during the 'GetCustomUI' callback of the 'IRibbonExtensibility' interface while calling into the 'Evernote.Outlook' add-in.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.micro.../events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Outlook" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-01-02T23:02:31.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>3696</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Brian-Win8</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>GetCustomUI</Data>
<Data>IRibbonExtensibility</Data>
<Data>Evernote.Outlook</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

#53 Stunod7

Stunod7

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

Bad news: They know it's broken.
Good news: They're supposedly working on a fix.

Check here: http://discussion.ev...r-outlook-2013/

#54 Stunod7

Stunod7

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

+1

#55 Stunod7

Stunod7

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

+1

#56 gazumped

gazumped

• Title: Operative
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 5,696 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

Supposedly? Evernote don't do predictions and they're trying to keep 40M+ users happy with upgrades including this one, so I guess they might take a little while. Better they release something that's been tested fully and works rather than a quick fix that isn't. Some of us aren't that up to date with the latest software versions anyway. Meantime there's a couple of work-arounds - see #37 in the thread above - and the ever-reliable forward-to-your-evernote-email-address...

I use Evernote constantly but don't speak for them.  Opinions here are my own based (more or less) on age,  experience,  and common business sense.  

Evernote read what's posted here,  and take it into consideration setting priorities;  they don't normally comment on individual cases,  or offer any forecasts or promises on whether or when a new feature might be released.  

Premium Windows & Android user in Wales, UK

EN Mobile 5.8 Beta 2 | Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 | Chrome - EN Desktop 5.2.0.2503 (270503) Prerelease | Dell Inspiron W8.0 | Chrome + Clipper & Clearly | MS Office 2013 (also Vista and W7)
Support and information: Mac | Windows | iOS | AndroidGetting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Status Page | The App CenterSupport Requests & Feedback 

(Support only work weekdays,  US Pacific Time)  |  If you need to change your account name,  email address or check usage,  do it here 

Use your spare processor capacity for science research - find out more about BOINC here.  

#57 Tom Devolder

Tom Devolder

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

+1

#58 htwty

htwty

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

+1 Please! Thanks, loving Evernote. Here's to quick development, as we all know how different Microsoft is doing things now. Hopefully the new plugin will play and look like it belongs in Office / Outlook 2013. Maybe there is a beta plugin that some of us advanced users could help test? Let us know!

#59 sjrixon

sjrixon

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

+1

#60 Pidds

Pidds

• Pip