(Archived) Task management - software integration

I have just installed Evernote and I think it's wonderful to take notes and tag ideas.

I also need a task manager for PC (windows 7) and not for ios/android.

I have just red some discussions in this forum but about task management software integration I have only found something about nodze and Egretlist (both for smartphone/mobile)

Is there a task management software for PC/windows 7 that integrate data with evernote ?

I'd like to link notes with tasks

Thank you in advance.

• Level 5

No, no taskmanager in the desktop clients. The focus of EN is collecting and organizing information and finding it fast. You can find taskmanagers a dime a dozen, so EN will not re-invent the wheel.

Wern

You should probably do a Google search. I'm not aware of a desktop app that integrates with EN. Some of the more popular web based ones (Toodledo, Remember The Milk, etc.) may integrate with EN on some level. (I'm not sure.) But I'm not aware of something that integrates with EN the way Egretlist does. (Egretlist is very cool!)

• 3 weeks later...

hi - one way i use evernote for task management is -- i have a tag called *tasks and a sub tag under that called today

i basically have all of the stuff i have to do tagged with *tasks and once a week/day or so i go through those and add the tag today to the stuff to do today

i also have a lot of tasks that have to be done on a specific day and repeating - - so i use toodledo for those tasks -

basically the task in toodledo has the task with the #*tasks #today at the end of each one --

each to do has a due date with the time of 7 am and the box checked to alarm 1 hour before

then i have the reminder/alarm option set to email my evernote email

so everyday around 6am toodledo emails evernote the task and the task is tagged with the *tasks and today tags

i also go into toodledo once a day or so and check the items completed

so i basically go into evernote and look at the today tag to see what i have to do - and delete the note when i am done (any notes i put with a task in toodledo come over into evernote as part of the note) - or i change the tags if it is a note i need to keep for some reason.

i also have a saved search on my android phone for the stuff tagged with *tasks and today so i can see on my phone what is for today as well.

i can email into evernote with the above tags - i use boomerang with gmail to schedule the email to be sent for a specific day if i want

• 3 weeks later...
No, no taskmanager in the desktop clients. The focus of EN is collecting and organizing information and finding it fast. You can find taskmanagers a dime a dozen, so EN will not re-invent the wheel.

Wern

Seems to me a lot of people want to be able to schedule things in this application. So my vote is to add it as a request rather than multiple apps for what is a very simple task really.

• Level 5*
Seems to me a lot of people want to be able to schedule things in this application. So my vote is to add it as a request rather than multiple apps for what is a very simple task really.

The approach that Evernote seems to be leaning towards -- at least in their public statements -- is to add support for a new date field, which will allow other 3rd party task managers (including those that already exist) to integrate with Evernote.

BTW, you may be interested in the TuskTools product; there's a forum thread on it here: http://forum.evernote.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=28913

Is there a task management software for PC/windows 7 that integrate data with evernote ?

I'd like to link notes with tasks

Thank you in advance.

Check out our Trunk. Get It Done is a task app that integrates with Evernote, though I haven't tried it and there are other apps that may provide similar functionality.

http://www.evernote.com/about/trunk/ite ... sktop_page

• 2 weeks later...

I would agree with this one. I would like to have this too.

That is a good request since for the meantime, for my work and all my related tasks, I use this software for task management. Just basically using it hand in hand with Evernote for managing my daily work tasks to increase my productivity. :)

As has been said Nozbe is beta testing a windows program right now. If you don't know much about Nozbe, it's a simple gtd task manager. Things are organized into projects. Whenever you tag a note with the name of one of your Nozbe projects, Nozbe grabs it and you can open the note within Nozbe. It's not the perfect integration many like myself are looking for, but it's a start. The windows application is so-so, but the online site works great, so I just have that bookmarked. It's faster than the actual program, has more features, and doesn't take forever to sync with itself.

Hope that helps!

• 1 month later...

I just searched "task manager" on these forums and, based on what I read in this thread and others, I'm going to check out Egret List and Nozbe. However I'd like to put in a plug for integration with gQueues. It's really well integrated with Google Apps. For instance there's a gQueues gadget that puts a button at the bottom of every gmail, that you can click to create a task with a link to the email. If you assign a date and time to the task it appears in your Google calender. I'd love to have the same kind of functionality with Evernote too.

I got mine Oct 15 in the second round, but, I had requested an invite within days of the original announcement of the app (Jul 23 according to my journal note).

My understanding is that they are working through the planned fixes before opening up for the 3rd round of invites.

• Level 5*

Any idea how Zendone is giving out invites? I've been waiting a couple months for one. Do I have any hope of getting it?

I signed up via the website and never had a response. After waiting a bit, I instead sent them an email mentioning that I was interested in trying it out. I had an invite the next morning.

Task management software..whatever system you use (GTD, etc) tends to be preferential. Evernote really isn't designed for GTD. I Had used things by culturecode but found their tag system to unwieldy for me, plus I needed more flexibility so I moved to Omnifocus. Not saying Omnifocus is what you should use, you really have to understand your own system and find software that can be molded to fit your needs. My concern with using Evernote for this purpose is that since it's not a task management system it may not be able to flex to meet your requirements (could be wrong!). Certainly some of the trunk stuff might work. I've not really looked at that.

Archived