Daryush

Notebooks on Side Bar

Idea

Hi,

In first I want congratulate the Evernote staff for the idea and bring the web application more close to the desktop version.

Back to topic , the organization on side bar under notebooks in alphabetical order is not comfortable, specially when using on the desktop version notebooks organized under stack.

It takes time to find the right notebook and also with tens of notebooks some names are similar but belong to different topic. Will glad to see improve on that.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

7 replies to this idea

This is a good point - I was also wanting to change the layout but failed to find a way to do this. Also, I would suggest the search bar be moved from where it is now and over to the main note window, easier to use, more accessible

I have to add my voice.  While I guess it is not strictly the editor, I even tried to look for another place to report this but the community search does not appear to even allow me to easily find another place to post.  So here it is.  Please do something to include stacks in the sidebar.  I went looking for the stack and could not find it.  The stack is there when you view the 

Notebooks

My notebook list

Larry
2019AP04 19:30

6 hours ago, Larry_C said:

Please do something to include stacks in the sidebar.  I went looking for the stack and could not find it.  The stack is there when you view the 

Notebooks

My notebook list

Larry
2019AP04 19:30

I would love to have stacks being displayed in the side bar, too. Great request.

@Daryush @sjachille @Larry_C @Enrico Nahler 

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding notebooks on the side bar!

For the purposes of this forum, we're looking to focus on feedback/suggestions regarding the editor experience.

In this case, I'm going to move this thread to our product feedback area as it pertains more so to a general request.

Please continue to share your feedback, and let me know if you have any questions!

Would the people making requests here please specify which Evernote clients they are referring to? The OP talked about the web client, but also referenced the desktop versions. But in the Windows Evernote, the sidebar displays notebooks organized by stack, so stacks are shown in the sidebar:

Notebooks 

• Stack 1
    • Notebook 1
    • Notebook 2
  • Stack 2
    • Notebook 3
    • Notebook 4
  • etc.

Seems confusing as to what's being asked for for which Evernote client...

Shane D, can you please provide a link to the relocated discussion?!

2 hours ago, Larry_C said:

Shane D, can you please provide a link to the relocated discussion?!

You just posted in it. Or, if you're old enough:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3