Hello

I know it might be odd, but Im trying to organize a stack inside a stak, Ill say what Im trying to do

I want to make a folder called Professional, and inside the corporations I work for, Example ATT and Microsoft and then inside those keep my notes so it would look like this

-Professional

* Microsoft

Notes

Customers

* ATT

Notes

Customers

Is this somehow possible?

Thank you very very much.

• Like 2

This is exactly what I was trying to do and just the exact reason I signed in to discussions. There is no reply to this question but I was wondering if you could find a solution for that or is it possible even?

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Evernote's notebooks are not really "folders" like in a Windows directory system. Thus you can't make levels and sublevels of them. You can make a stack containing notebooks, in other words, but you can't make a stack within that stack, or a stack that contains that stack and other stacks. Many people (and trust me, one of them will show up here any minute) use tags for organization beyond (or instead of) the notebook level.

• Level 5*
On 3/14/2019 at 10:08 AM, dux_jorge@outlook.com said:

I want to make a folder called Professional ... Is this somehow possible?

As mentioned, Evernote does not support a Folder Methodology812962096_ScreenShot2019-03-19at09_23_51.png.c900420303173de9740d9f618d920eb2.png
Evernote provides two note fields for organizing notes; Notebooks and Tags

You can simulate folders using the notebook/tag trees in the sidebar
My screenshot shows the tag tree with your hierarchy
The notebook tree is similar, but only two levels

Select the "folder" and the notes are listed in the middle panel

Note: Notebook/Tag names have to be unique so I added the company as a prefix

To assign a note to a "Folder"
- drag and drop works
- working in the tag field, start typing the company name and a drop down list appears
821747936_ScreenShot2019-03-19at12_03_05.png.f549431d4f545cedad21e2e918869c47.png

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Topic directed to Tags with the last comment but there is a way that I saw on a tutorial.

After this, I tried but I could not find (Tutorial was about generally interface, not about stacks..) how can I create stacks in a stack to add notes.

I add a screenshot to understand, how people creating stack inside of stacks. Maybe the topic would be spoken again...

Youtube link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSz9uavfLpI

This screen showing after : 13:22 - https://youtu.be/kSz9uavfLpI?t=802

2020-04-15_21-13-53.thumb.png.19d2f809e0fe2ec6502092e404c704d6.png

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, mstfacoskun said:

After this, I tried but I could not find (Tutorial was about generally interface, not about stacks..) how can I create stacks in a stack to add notes.

I add a screenshot to understand, how people creating stack inside of stacks. Maybe the topic would be spoken again...

Youtube link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSz9uavfLpI

This screen showing after : 13:22 - https://youtu.be/kSz9uavfLpI?t=802

At this time, in Evernote:

• You cannot add a stack under another stack.
  • You cannot add a notebook under another notebook.
  • You cannot add a stack under notebook.
  • You cannot add a note to a stack
  • You can only add a notebook under a stack, and a note to a notebook

I don't know what you're trying to show us in the video, but at 13:22, the screen is showing a note under a notebook, which is the only place that a note can currently live in Evernote at this time.

• 3 years later...

Having made the decision to use Evernote as my primary Notes solution, I am finding limitation after limitation that is revealing my decision as a bad one!

Not being able to have a stack within a stack (a 'sub-stack' maybe) is one such limitation. They could have at least thought about this issue, addressing it for example by allowing 'Areas' above stacks, for example. The fact that a fundamental note organisation limitation like this has been ignored is yet one more check in the 'con' column for me.

Another core issue is only allowing alphabetical organisation of folders, rather than allowing user choice in such a significant matter. And let's not mention the permanently black sidebar in so-called "Light mode". The mind boggles.

It seems that everyone would like the functionality of combining stacks, or multiple notebooks together. Why don't Evernote give the people what they want? OneNote has a pretty good option, though is lacking on what you can do on mobile devices in terms of creating subpages, you have to be on a desktop app. Having a somthing that was a combination of both would be ideal.

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5

It means to me you are on the wrong road organizing your notes. The main method in EN is organizing by tags. And these can be nested (nearly) infinitely. Which doesn’t mean it makes sense, I have only 3 layers of tags.