New To Evernote - in-note-bookmarks?

Some of my Evernote Notes are large and complex but I want to keep it all in the same note.   In a Microsoft Word file you can make a "bookmark" and use it as a link so I can create a Table Of Contents at the start of a large file and click on an item to go to the location in the file where that topic exists.   How do I do something like that in an Evernote note?  Think of it like a hyperlink to INSIDE the note, instead of to another note or out on the web.

Thanks in advance.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Bookmarks have been requested,  but at the moment are not available.  There is a way to create a Table of Contents listing multiple notes,  and my detailed notes are usually comprised of individual sections - one per note - connected by tags.  titles,  or ToCs.  Shorter notes are preferable because they're quicker to load (especially on mobile devices) and it's easier to jump to the correct section of a longer note if it's just a question of opening the required paragraph(s) in one note.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
On 1/5/2019 at 9:07 PM, AnotherPeterN said:

Some of my Evernote Notes are large and complex but I want to keep it all in the same note.   In a Microsoft Word file you can make a "bookmark" and use it as a link so I can create a Table Of Contents at the start of a large file and click on an item to go to the location in the file where that topic exists.   How do I do something like that in an Evernote note?

You had the right idea with the Microsoft Word file.  Add it to the note as an attachment.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
On 1/5/2019 at 10:07 PM, AnotherPeterN said:

Some of my Evernote Notes are large and complex but I want to keep it all in the same note.   In a Microsoft Word file you can make a "bookmark" and use it as a link so I can create a Table Of Contents at the start of a large file and click on an item to go to the location in the file where that topic exists.   How do I do something like that in an Evernote note?  Think of it like a hyperlink to INSIDE the note, instead of to another note or out on the web.

Thanks in advance.

Only workarounds for this one.  Simple method is create your own TOC at the top of the note and use Ctrl+F to find whatever unique identifier you attach to each section.

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*
18 minutes ago, patrick.dlenih1@gmail.com said:

once again, Evernote balks at functions that users really want and adds ones that few have asked for

? Not much added recently, because Evernote is currently completely rewriting and reissuing their apps to fit in with customer requests.  We don't yet know what's in the new package...

On 1/7/2019 at 11:04 AM, DTLow said:

You had the right idea with the Microsoft Word file.  Add it to the note as an attachment.

I have worked with these types of attachments on my Mac desktop app and it worked well BUT I never tried to edit these via the iOS app... can this be done?

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, mkrobo said:

edit these via the iOS app... can this be done? (Attachments)

File attachments can not be edited directly while embedded in the Evernote database
The file has to be exported from Evernote, edited, then re-imported  to Evernote

This is done automatically on the Windows/Mac platforms     
but is a manual process on the IOS platform

My process is to store the file externally, and use a link instead of attachment    
This avoids the export/import steps

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, patrick.dlenih1@gmail.com said:

functions that users really want

There is a feature request posted at the note linked below      
To indicate support, use the vote button at the top left corner of the discussion    
User votes is one of the factors Evernote uses in determining development priorities

• 1 year later...
On 1/6/2019 at 3:07 AM, AnotherPeterN said:

... a "bookmark" and use it as a link so I can create a Table Of Contents at the start ... Think of it like a hyperlink to INSIDE the note, instead of to another note or out on the web.

Hi, friends.
I desire you are feeling good. ❤️

This function will also be good and useful to me.
If someone can add this kind request to future improvement package, I'm grateful for it.

Have a true beautiful day, brethren. 🙂

• Level 5

There are several request threads now, all about the same topic.

Hope they are listened to and pushed up the backlog list.

To send your idea directly to the desk of EN PM, you can use the feedback function build into the clients.