Angeliki

Writing math symbols and equations

Idea

As a student of Business Economics, it is necessary many times to write on my notes mathematical symbols and equations; it is not available now, however, wouldn't it be a great feature?

• Like 6

21 replies to this idea

I agree with the request, I also use Evernote and will be very useful to include latex based equation support in the software itself (I currently include a lot of docs with code).

• Like 2

I have made a website that can help with this problem, to the left there is an equation editor, and the website will automatically generate images that can be dragged into Evernote.

https://viktorstrate.github.io/latex-equation-toolbox/

Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 21.15.10.png

I totally agree with the request. I work as an electrical engineer and I use OneNote so far which has formula editor integrated. Having discovered many nice features of Evernote, the lack of this feature is actually the only reason why I haven't already switched to Evernote. I definitely need this for my daily work.

My preferred solution would be to enter formulas with a latex syntax.

All workarounds with entering the formula somewhere else and posting an image in Evernote or handwriting the formula are really too cumbersome and cannot convince me to finally switch to Evernote.

• Like 2

On 03/02/2018 at 7:33 PM, Angeliki said:

As a student of Business Economics, it is necessary many times to write on my notes mathematical symbols and equations; it is not available now, however, wouldn't it be a great feature?

It would be a great feature!

As a mechanical engineer student and Evernote lover, it is currently the main topic I miss on Evernote! I really like the Evernote for Windows version, but I really miss the possibility to  add math symbols and equations... I hope we can see this feature in a near future on Evernote..

*ps: I'm from Brazil and my English is a working in progress... jajaja

I want to support the request. It is strongly needed Evernote to support the math visualization. For instance, I need to store web pages (wiki is an example) with math. Now I have to convert them into pdf. It is very unpleasant, annoying and awkward. I have not found any external add-ins to work with math in Evernote. 

• Like 2

I am in full support of being able to write equations in Evernote. As an MBA student who needs functionality like this, unfortunately it just doesn't make sense for me to continue with Evernote absent of the feature. 

• Like 1

Hi,

I would really like to see this feature added to Evernote! For now, I use Microsoft Word to type all my mathmatical equations (insert -> Equation) and simply copy them to Evernote. It's time consuming, but it works. 

• Like 1

This is an amazing idea! I currently can't find a single note taking software that is easily editable and supports equations. This is the only thing missing from Evernote for me 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robin_ said:

It doesn't seem to be an important feature for the Evernote team though, which is just sad.

One factor in priority is user interest.  To indicate your support for this request, use the vote button in the top left corner of the discussion.  There are currently 2055769845_ScreenShot2019-07-18at07_58_27.png.d5c95107f9c50b0276197b2cf0ba30a7.png votes

>>My best solution for mathy content is to use a LaTeX document and sync it via cloud

Yes to using a LaTex supported document.
Add it to a note as a file attachment

Evernote has a sketch feature which allows for handwriting and drawing symbols

You could also look at using an external editor that supports the LaTeX or MathML.
The document can be stored in Evernote as a note attachment

Used OneNote so far for my scientific notes (I am biologist) - the missing formulas is a huge disadvantage. Would love to see this too! As well as superscripted and subscripted text. Thats even possible in this forum - why isn't it implemented in Evernote?!

Copying equations across from utilities like laTexit is a pain as it gives not ability to edit the source markdown later on.  Have embedded support of equations using LaTex would very useful for making lab notes. Lots of people need to make equations in their notes, seems like it would be an awesome feature.

On 5/9/2018 at 5:58 PM, AlejandroL said:

I agree with the request, I also use Evernote and will be very useful to include latex based equation support in the software itself (I currently include a lot of docs with code).

I'd really like latex support for Evernote, since apart from that I enjoy using it. Currently, I use it for organizing my notes at work and I use a lot of math, so this would greatly help me. It doesn't seem to be an important feature for the Evernote team though, which is just sad. My current workaround is LaTeXIt, which has - as already mentioned above - several drawbacks.

My best solution for mathy content is to use a LaTeX document and sync it via cloud, which is certainly not a perfect solution. But better than Evernote for my purposes.

Please make this a thing. Latex support is not that hard to implement

On 7/18/2019 at 4:45 AM, Robin_ said:

My best solution for mathy content is to use a LaTeX document ...

I agree with using a document editor that supports LaTeX.  I use Apple Pages, and store the documents as note attachments

2 hours ago, J1618 said:

Please make this a thing. Latex support is not that hard to implement

If Evernote had a $ for every post that said "not that hard to implement", ...