Fabiana S.

Option to change default font / font size on Web client

Idea

The default Gotham + 14 doesn't look very sharp on my laptop. I have a Dell XPS 13 running Windows 10 and am using Chrome as my default browser. Resolution is 1920x1080. I was hoping that the default would be updated if I changed fonts in a note, but that wasn't the case and I was told by support that there isn't a setting to change that. I really don't mind Gotham per se (though I'd prefer a serif font like at a larger size for readability), but the legibility really is poor with the current settings. Either a setting or a better default would work for me. Thanks!

• Like 7

22 replies to this idea

I am also interested in this and disappointed that your post was 2 months ago, and still no reply.  :(  Hopefully this can be answered soon.

And the font color, too, it is greyish rather than black, which would be easier to read. Even when a create a new note with my preferred settings, new sections will revert to Evernote's default.

I agree. The current default font, color, and size seem poor choices for my brand new 1920x1200 monitor. I keep changing the font to Verdana (as here), which was designed for digital displays. It's even better when the color is set to black. It's unpleasant to have to change these in each note. It should be possible to set font, color, and size defaults.

Evernote...please take note!

Would love the ability to set the default font and font size in Evernote Web app.

I am on a similar laptop to the XPS. Same resolution. I concur that the font is less than ideal. Try zooming in or out in your browser (control+plus and control+minus). On my system zooming to 110% makes the anti aliasing of that font less offensive.

I concur with ThisEndUp. My complaint is exactly as s/he conveyed. A remedy would be appreciated. Thank you!

I agree. It would be very handy to be able to adjust the default font on the web client. Please fix!

Evernote team, I'm also interested in a user setting to change the default font. Thanks for your help!

I agree with the original complaint and would like to be able to set a different default font and size.

I second this request, since notes inserted via web interface are not consistent with notes inserted via Windows client because of the different default font.

Same issue. Please include setting for default font option in Evernote Web as it is in Desktop client.

Cant change the default font on evenote web???  Great program with zero support for web chrome version. 

We've been posting this pretty simple change request in this stream for a year now with no acknowledgment or response from Evernote. And, no change. So, I'm guessing they are paying no attention to these user comments or requests.

9 minutes ago, lenstewart said:

And, no change. So, I'm guessing they are paying no attention to these user comments or requests.

I'm guessing since Evernote is paying for these forums they are interested in obtaining feedback and feature requests.
User comments and feedbacks are just one of many factors in determining development priorities.
One factor is user support for a feature; this request has 17 votes.  To indicate your support use the voting buttons at the top left corner of the discussion.

Please allow us to change the default font family, color, and size. This would help our eyes a lot!

+1

The tiny font that is the default now should be changeable by the user.  This functionality is basic to any text editor worth using.