Total Number of Tags

Keith McVean

• 9 months later...
On 28.8.2016 at 11:11 PM, csihilling said:

If you are using the IOS version you can see total number of tags there.

Where exactly, can't find it. 

Is it also possible to see the number of Notizbücher/ Notebooks (don't know the english terminology)

Today I obviously reached the max. number of "Notebooks".
What can I do?

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, pkayatz said:

Is it also possible to see the number of Notizbücher/ Notebooks (don't know the english terminology)

The current IOS version doesn't provide Notebook/Tag counts.  I get this information from my Mac

>>Today I obviously reached the max. number of "Notebooks".   What can I do?

I have minimal Notebooks; instead I use Tags for organization.  The Notebook limit is 250; the Tag limit is 100,000

You could do a straight conversion; instead of notebook:xxxx use tag:xxxx

You can even prefix the tagname with "Notebook-"

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, pkayatz said:

Today I obviously reached the max. number of "Notebooks".
What can I do?

Yeah, as per @DTLow the capability to see tag count went away with the current IOS version.  

Relative to notebooks, you will have to consolidate some notebooks and probably start using tags.  Maybe add the notebook name as a tag before you move notes from one notebook to another.  

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5
18 hours ago, gustavgi said:

In the Windows version you can see the totals by hovering over the arrow that expands all notebooks and the arrow that expands all tags.

Thank you. That is an awesome tip! I've been using Evernote Windows for years and have wondered how many tags I was using

The reason I did not know about this feature is that it requires a special non-intuitive mouse move.

If I hover over the "Tag" icon, I see a message that says "Click to view tags view". This prevents that "Tag Count" from appearing when my mouse is moved over the arrow.

The trick is to sneak up on the arrow from a different angle (either along the edge directly above, directly below, or to the left of the arrow). There is another issue that requires me to first click on Shared or Notebooks to refresh the hover mode.

Archived