Converting Image to "Document" in Desktop

jsircar

Idea

I love that you can convert a image/photo to a "document" in the mobile app - it cleans up the background, gets rid of glare, and makes it much more readable. Is there a way to run this conversion on pre-existing photos of notebooks, whiteboard, etc. that you add using the desktop app?

• Like 2

24 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Short of taking a new picture of the original,  or displaying the note on one monitor and taking a new picture of the screen on a mobile,  I can't think of a way to re-process an existing picture.  It would be a good feature to have though..

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
On July 5, 2016 at 2:38 PM, deyawper said:

+1 for the needed feature.

@deyawper  @gazumped  Since you seem to understand this discussion, can you explain what is meant by type "document".  I'm not seeing it as a Mac thing

• Level 5*

I assumed it was the difference between the various image options in a mobile camera - 'picture' / 'document' / 'business card' - each of which is dealt with in a different way.  In this case 'document' means cropping the image to page edges,  adjusting the exposure for optimum OCR,  and,  well..  OCR..

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, gazumped said:

I assumed it was the difference between the various image options in a mobile camera - 'picture' / 'document' / 'business card' - each of which is dealt with in a different way.  In this case 'document' means cropping the image to page edges,  adjusting the exposure for optimum OCR,  and,  well..  OCR..

Thanks, I got sidetracked by the file type

• Like 1