(Archived) favourites bar: tags keyboard shortcut?

savagecabage

im really liking this new favourites bar, i never used tags that much because it was too much effort scrolling down to the tags section every time i selected a different notebook

so anyway im just wondering if there is a shortcut key to select/put focus on the "Tags" button in the favourites bar, so you could just start typing straight away... similar to the "F6″ shortcut key you press to start searching in all notebooks. it would be handy being able to do it without having to move the mouse up there every time you need to filter something, im more of a keyboard guy you see ;)

• Level 5*

im really liking this new favourites bar, i never used tags that much because it was too much effort scrolling down to the tags section every time i selected a different notebook

I was thinking it would be nice if I could drag a selected tag from the dropdown list in the favorites bar to the current note, so that I could add that tag to the note. I use a "Lemons-Fruit-Food" approach to tagging: the tag search is wonderful in that I can type in "Fruit" and see all the different fruits that I have notes on. Now, if I could tag my current note with Lemons-Fruit-Food, I could see all other notes at the same time and make sure that my tagging is consistent.

• Level 5*

Shift+Alt+T will open Tags popup... Shift+Alt+N will open Notebooks popup. Note that these shortcuts work even if Favorites Bar is not shown.

/Peter

Peter, that's great news.

What are the equivalent shortcuts for EN Mac?

Shift+Alt+T will open Tags popup... Shift+Alt+N will open Notebooks popup. Note that these shortcuts work even if Favorites Bar is not shown.

/Peter

perfect! thanks peter, just what i was looking for!

and just to point out something, im using dual monitors and when i have evernote on my second monitor the Shift+Alt+A and Shift+Alt+S shortcuts open up on the top left of the first monitor.

the other ones work fine though

thanks again

• Level 5

/Peter

I don't think EN Mac has equivalent shortcuts at this moment.

/Peter

• Level 5

Whoa.

Shift+Alt+A brings up the Saved Searches list on the Favorites bar.

Shift+Alt+S brings up the Attributes search.

Ah... i knew you will find it;) Anyway, these are fixed in the next version: Shift+Alt+S brings up Saved Searches, etc.

/Peter

• Level 5

/Peter

perfect! thanks peter, just what i was looking for!

and just to point out something, im using dual monitors and when i have evernote on my second monitor the Shift+Alt+A and Shift+Alt+S shortcuts open up on the top left of the first monitor.

the other ones work fine though

thanks again

Yeah, this is also fixed: if the appropriate button is not on the fav bar, or fav bar is hidden, pop ups come up at the left of Evernote window.

Thank you for reporting!

/Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa.

Shift+Alt+A brings up the Saved Searches list on the Favorites bar.

Shift+Alt+S brings up the Attributes search.

Ah... i knew you will find it;) Anyway, these are fixed in the next version: Shift+Alt+S brings up Saved Searches, etc.

/Peter

Fixed in new (5953) beta. Thanks.

Would be helpful if these could also be added to Favorites Bar.

• 2 weeks later...

For the record, Thank you for making sure keyboard shortcuts and specifically SHIFT+ALT+T was included right of the bat with this new feature. Keyboard shortcuts are invaluable to me and to see this included right off the bat is wonderful! Thank you!

• Level 5*

I don't think EN Mac has equivalent shortcuts at this moment.

/Peter

Peter, could you please pass on a request to the EN Mac team to add these shortcuts?

Thanks.

The problem with ALT+SHIFT+A and ALT+SHIFT+A is that they take you also to All Notebooks. What if you just want to filter by that tag or attribute (say, created in the last week) in the notebook or stack you are in? It would be nice to have that as settable in Options -- All Notebooks or Current Stack/Notebook.

• Level 5

The problem with ALT+SHIFT+A and ALT+SHIFT+A is that they take you also to All Notebooks. What if you just want to filter by that tag or attribute (say, created in the last week) in the notebook or stack you are in? It would be nice to have that as settable in Options -- All Notebooks or Current Stack/Notebook.

Try setting HKCU/Software/Evernote/Evernote/MacLikeFavoritesBar registry value to 0. Also have a look at various ShowFavoritesBar* registry values if you want to tweak Favorites Bar behavior. Please fully exit Evernote using File/Exit before changing its application registry values, otherwise your changes will not have effect.

/Peter

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5

Just wanted to let you know that at rev 232513 we've added alternate short cut keys to those convenient Favorites Bar popups: Shift+F1 will bring up Notebooks popup, Shift+F2 will bring Tags popup etc. This is in addition to existing mnemonically defined but rather finger stretching Shift+Alt+N and Shift+Alt+T

/Peter

• Level 5*

Just wanted to let you know that at rev 232513 we've added alternate short cut keys to those convenient Favorites Bar popups: Shift+F1 will bring up Notebooks popup, Shift+F2 will bring Tags popup etc. This is in addition to existing mnemonically defined but rather finger stretching Shift+Alt+N and Shift+Alt+T

/Peter

Peter, this sounds great!

Please pass this on to the EN Mac team so that we can have equivalent shortcuts in EN Mac as well.

• 1 year later...

Alt+Shift+A and Alt+Shift+S no longer work. Is it only me?

Moreover the tag search is not the way it used to be before.

I have a lot of two word tags (eg. "video lecture", "video demo"). I used to be able to search the second word of the tag if there was a space in between it.

eg. On typing demo or lecture I would get the respective tag in drop down list

I'm no longer able to search it now. Has there been a change or am I doing something wrong?

• Level 5*

Moreover the tag search is not the way it used to be before.

I have a lot of two word tags (eg. "video lecture", "video demo"). I used to be able to search the second word of the tag if there was a space in between it.

eg. On typing demo or lecture I would get the respective tag in drop down list

I'm no longer able to search it now. Has there been a change or am I doing something wrong?

As far as I know, you always needed to quote-enclose tag names with a space in them, e.g. tag:"video demo"

Archived