I Want the Checkbox in a Checklist to align to the first line, not centered on multiple lines.

kwater14

Idea

17 replies to this idea

• Evernote Expert

I'm not experiencing this. If you want help from Evernote you need to open a support ticket or feedback@evernote.com if you don't need a reply.

Otherwise you're letting off steam to fellow users here.

If you'd like help from other users then let us know which version of Evernote you are using and which OS.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I assume this is the same issue as this thread, where the explanation of the problem is helped by a screen shot. I'm also seeing it (Windows 10.99.3) and I'm also not a fan.

• Like 5
  • Level 5

Since it’s only happening with Checklists, not with bullets or numbered lists I think it happened accidentally.

But I could be wrong. If you don’t like it, contact support.

This annoying bug (or conscious decision taken by the devs) is present in all platforms, even web.

I have opened a ticket, but as we all know from the experiences during 2024 and their support help desk, reporting something and doing nothing is almost the same.

Edited by Thorz
Typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I am very certain it's a bug. If it was intentional they would have moved the grab handle as well to the same vertically centred position. They haven't. The grab handle remains anchored to the first line.

On 8/15/2024 at 2:09 AM, martinjbaker said:

I am very certain it's a bug. If it was intentional they would have moved the grab handle as well to the same vertically centred position. They haven't. The grab handle remains anchored to the first line.

I really hope it is a bug like you said.

On my Mac OS version of Evernote (v10.102.7), the issue persists even after 4-5 recent updates, which is making me think that it may be a new but poor design decision.

I have documented the same issue on my Mac OS version here in this thread, in case anyone is interested.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I could not agree with this more!  Complete nonsense!  It started on my Android, which was annoying, but was fine on the desktop.  Then that changed.  Because I make extensive notes for each checklist item, it's hard to tell where one checklist item ends and another begins with this new formatting.   If there are users who like it, that's fine. But they should make a setting option to do it that way or not.  Not just "fix" something that wasn't broken.  After all the bugs recently, it becomes more difficult every day to stay with this product.  Eventually they will break me.   This login shows me as having a Personal Evernote account.  My account is actually Premium, in case that makes any difference to the Moderator.  

I have the same issue on my Mac and it is creating so many issues, as I can't read through my To Do items, that I am now looking at quitting Evernote and moving to a different tool. this is beyond annoying and stupid 

Typically, EN fixes bugs like this one without ever acknowledging them in the release notes. Or, if they do acknowledge them, the description in the release notes is so vague, you have no idea which of many possible bugs they're claiming to have fixed. This is the first time I've seen a release note that acknowledges an obvious, blatant bug in a way that is clear enough to understand what they're claiming to have fixed, so I can immediately test if indeed the bug was fixed. As a bonus, the release actually seems to fix the issue (on Windows; haven't tested my other devices yet, and haven't deeply tested the Windows client 10.104.3 to see what new bugs were introduced)

This is good news! More of this please!

And of course it is Evernote, so I have to add: please do regression testing so this bug doesn't magically re-appear later.