how to set regional date format?

How does one set the regional date format in the Windows desktop app please?

Web browser (or web app) is OK and displays EU date formats, but the desktop app (Windows) disp;ays US formats and I can't find out where to set it or even that changing the setting it is possible.

Thanks!

• Level 5*

Hi.  There are no date settings in Evernote - it's supposed to follow the device country settings.  Maybe check your OS and reconfirm the choices made for the device?

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  There are no date settings in Evernote - it's supposed to follow the device country settings.  Maybe check your OS and reconfirm the choices made for the device?

Hi and thanks - I've double-checked, confirmed international settings are UK English, and rebooted - no change.

40 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Sometimes it takes a restart of the computer to make a change stick (if you changed anything).

Checked config - all good. Changed config, changed back again to correct config, hit "apply", closed all, rebooted. No change, still wrong.

• Level 5*

Maybe try an reinstall to check for a corrupted file?

Sign out of Evernote if it's active  / don't save your data locally / use Revo Uninstaller Free (Win) or Appcleaner (Mac) to uninstall the app.  Power off and back on,  then re-download and reinstall from Evernote.com and leave Evernote running to rebuild the local data.  

The new install is still initially a little slow - things get better after a few days.

With me date and time formats are not followed ever in any version of Evernote V10. I want 2024-07-17 as a date format... Every app and Windows follows this regional setting... Not Evernote.. 

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
45 minutes ago, MvdH said:

With me date and time formats are not followed ever in any version of Evernote V10. I want 2024-07-17 as a date format... Every app and Windows follows this regional setting... Not Evernote.. 

I use a text expander to generate that type of format - 20240717 with one key combination.  Otherwise my dates are standard UK format as (presumably) set by the system.  If that's not your experience,  you can only throw yourself on the mercy of Support...

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, gazumped said:

Maybe try an reinstall to check for a corrupted file?

Yup I'm going to have to do something like that. Now that I've had a little more time to investigate, the problem is apparent on laptop A (Windows 11) but not on laptop B (Windows 10).

A similar problem:12h am/pm time display on 24h time display windows / web machines... Evernote ignores the time format being used by the operating system. I reported it as a bug, but they do not open tickets nor follow up anymore. Has anyone found a solution to get rid of the am/pm notation in Evernote desktop / web on 24h windows-machines?

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Alxa said:

Has anyone found a solution to get rid of the am/pm notation in Evernote desktop / web on 24h windows-machines?

No - the only solution is to beg EN to implement a setting how to display date/time values.

I for myself would like to see dates in note lists, task lists, note property dialogs (simply: everywhere) as "TTT, DD.MM.YY hh:mm" or "DD.MM.YY". I don't like pseudo-intelligent dates like "just now", "today", "yesterday", ...

At the moment, all these UI locations use different formats 😤

image.thumb.png.a1884f76626c89f11b3a3bc3742b9e09.png

None of these match my Windows settings

image.png.f46cc4f4390f486fa6d26fc73388a0b7.png

On 7/17/2024 at 10:24 AM, gazumped said:

I use a text expander to generate that type of format - 20240717 with one key combination.  Otherwise my dates are standard UK format as (presumably) set by the system.  If that's not your experience,  you can only throw yourself on the mercy of Support...

I use PhraseExpress to inject dates/times and 101 other things. I don't use the Evernote shortcut for that. No, I complain a little about date/time format in note lists:

image.png.59da42bf185878daf66240fa8666130a.png

It is showing month first, then the day, then the year. VERY confusing...especially when it shows e.g. 5/7/23 I got my regional settings set to yyyy-MM-dd (the ISO 8601 standard in Europe), though it still does the US format which noboday at the EU uses I believe...  I suspect the problem is my Windows installatation is US-English, but my region is The Netherlands and the regio settings also NL, with some tweaks. In any case, Evernote should use the set date formats that are configured systemwide....and all other software is respecting/using. Well, bigger problems than that in Evernote. Not gonna make a ticket for this one.