[FIXED 10.89.2] - [BUG] 10.89.1 Fixes Tasks Sorting but breaks some stacks from opening

10.89.1 fixes the tasks widget... but now certain stacks lower down in the sidebar will not open and one has to open the notebooks pane to access those notebooks. Already reported #3895199.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
9 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

Just noticed this myself and came to see if anyone else has... I've reported it as well.

It's pretty annoying, do you have any connections to the EN team to flag it to them? I'm not sure if Experts have a way of reaching out to people directly? This build was almost perfect.

3 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

It's pretty annoying, do you have any connections to the EN team to flag it to them? I'm not sure if Experts have a way of reaching out to people directly? This build was almost perfect.

Yes. Created a bug report and marked as annoying which is an actual option in the drop down lol

It super-fast... I mean like lightning here switching between notes. 

2 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

Yes. Created a bug report and marked as annoying which is an actual option in the drop down lol

It super-fast... I mean like lightning here switching between notes. 

Yeah they did do something to make this build faster. Just wish they wouldn't break critical things when they do that. 

Just now, mackid1993 said:

I have a feeling RENT is rolling out silently which is why I keep seeing Untitled Attachment and then a few hours later it's fine.

You could be right. The last call I was on RENT was weeks away, not months so something could be happening. It'll be a slow roll out!

Not seen the Untitled thing myself and not heard from anyone else apart from 3 or 4 folk on the forums so I don't think its widespread.

Just now, Jon/t said:

You could be right. The last call I was on RENT was weeks away, not months so something could be happening. It'll be a slow roll out!

Not seen the Untitled thing myself and not heard from anyone else apart from 3 or 4 folk on the forums so I don't think its widespread.

In my case it's always images and after a couple of hours they come back. It looks like this:

image.thumb.png.e923d7461f47f37c57bacc19a01a9dba.png

2 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

In my case it's always images and after a couple of hours they come back. It looks like this:

Yeah. Very odd. Not seen it myself and I don't think its widespread as there'd be plenty of chat about it on the expert forums. If it comes back OK then its obviously uploading and syncing OK, just the display of the information. Maybe RENT but I don't think its rolling out yet.

I know there was work being done on the Conduit project recently so could be related to that. Conduit is the client side database so possibly related and the plan was to speed things up and make client side more reliable.

Send in a ticket. Even if you don't get a human response trends are monitored.

19 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

Yeah. Very odd. Not seen it myself and I don't think its widespread as there'd be plenty of chat about it on the expert forums. If it comes back OK then its obviously uploading and syncing OK, just the display of the information. Maybe RENT but I don't think its rolling out yet.

I know there was work being done on the Conduit project recently so could be related to that. Conduit is the client side database so possibly related and the plan was to speed things up and make client side more reliable.

Send in a ticket. Even if you don't get a human response trends are monitored.

I already did, I got a semi human response if you can call it that. Nothing relevant to the issue. It happens across all devices, web and mobile too.

37 minutes ago, AlbertR said:

Unbelievable that such a bug passes QA 😡

I'm really livid with Evernote. Fix one thing, break something else. If this doesn't stop soon I may evaluate a combination of Joplin for notes and documents and Tick Tick for tasks.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, janndk said:

Evernote doesn't have any QA.

I don't believe that's true. They definitely have QA, I think a lot of regressions have been making it into prod and something needs to change internally to prevent that.

If the current approach of rushing largely unvetted updates out to subscribers is cheaper than following a proper pre-rollout process, then I don't know why they would change how they do things.

Customers are expected to act as both beta testers and support staff, for free, while paying a premium for the service. People raise trouble tickets when an update breaks stuff, despite overwhelming evidence that many requests are left to rot without any attention whatsoever. Users who continue to pursue help are then directed to the forums (where, by the way, BS maintains essentially zero presence because they don't like it here) so other users can take up the slack. By making customers donate their time to fill the QA and support gaps BS deliberately created, BS gets free staff and the resulting bottom line looks good for the VC money people.

Sounds like a winning setup to me.

• Like 1

I just tried Joplin and Notion, both were not very good. Even if I did leave Evernote due to this really rocky period I'm not sure where I could go.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I can't access my stacks on my desktop version.  They are there on my web version, but I use my desktop version all the time.  Any suggestions?

This is really strange. I am not experiencing any problems accessing Stacks or having Untitled Attachments.  10.89.1 is certainly working much quicker.   Weird that a few of you are having these problems.

5 minutes ago, JREwing said:

I have one stack that expands. The rest of them do not.

Exactly my (and other's: "certain stacks lower down in the sidebar will not open") finding. Seems like bmcl26 and EN testers have only one stack 😉

4 minutes ago, ChristianJB said:

As a workaround select "Notebooks" in the left panel to open the notebook list view to the right, in the main window, there I can work with stacks ...

That does work. But you can't drag and drop anything to that set of stacks. It's the sidebar stack that I need to expand so I can drag files into the stack.

• Like 1
On 5/22/2024 at 12:39 AM, mackid1993 said:

Even if I did leave Evernote due to this really rocky period I'm not sure where I could go

On Macs / iPads I'm quite happy with the Keep It and EagleFiler combo (EagleFiler as a self hosted archive and Keep It for current stuff). 

Not using V10 anymore except for web clips that used to work better than they do now but they are still better than other clippers.

9 minutes ago, Feitz said:

On Macs / iPads I'm quite happy with the Keep It and EagleFiler combo (EagleFiler as a self hosted archive and Keep It for current stuff). 

Not using V10 anymore except for web clips that used to work better than they do now but they are still better than other clippers.

I'm a Windows/Android user. Never going back to Apple, not a fan of their walled garden approach and locked down ecosystem. I can customize Windows with all sorts of shell modifications to make it work exactly how I want. macOS locks you in an Apple controlled prison garden. Some people like it, I make my living in tech and I'm not an iOS or macOS developer so it's not a good fit for me.

10.89.1 is soooo close to being a perfect release, if they'd fix the stacks it would be great. It is insanely fast now, notes open in a split second in this version and RENT hasn't even been enabled yet, I confirmed in my activity log. Once we get through this rapid development period Evernote is going to be a killer app.

At this point, they have to know that it's been bug after bug, but the ends justify the means and if in the end Evernote is kickass I'm willing to put up with a few months of workarounds and instability.

4 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

I'm a Windows/Android user

ok, sorry, then that's not for you...

I updated to 10.88.4-mac only a couple of days ago but am already way behind the update cycle. V10 tells me I'm current though...

Just now, Feitz said:

ok, sorry, than that's not for you...

I updated to 10.88.4-mac only a couple of days ago but am already way behind the update cycle. V10 tells me I'm current though...

Check out 10.89.1, there is the flaw with more than 2 stacks not opening in the sidebar, you have to use the notebooks view but it's really fast. Notes with really huge PDFs will open in a second.

OK, can confirm the 'stacks' bug but can't see any speed difference so far, scrolling still is very slow, opening takes some 10 sec. (not counting first time after update) and web clipper is definitely worse than it was (e.g. images not being captured). 

But I only tried for a couple of minutes so this verdict probably isn't final...

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Feitz said:

OK, can confirm the 'stacks' bug but can't see any speed difference so far, scrolling still is very slow, opening takes some 10 sec. (not counting first time after update) and web clipper is definitely worse than it was (e.g. images not being captured). 

But I only tried for a couple of minutes so this verdict probably isn't final...

I was referring specifically to switching between notes. Scrolling and animations are dependant on your PC and what else it is doing.

7 hours ago, mackid1993 said:

I was referring specifically to switching between notes. Scrolling and animations are dependant on your PC and what else it is doing.

Ah, I'll try that later. For the scrolling and general lag I had opened another thread, I hoped this was solved as well.

• mackid1993 changed the title to [FIXED 10.89.2] - [BUG] 10.89.1 Fixes Tasks Sorting but breaks some stacks from opening