Terrible Support Service

Att. Management Team,

I'm very disappointed with Evernote Support.
I've opened a request 45 days ago with no answers (Request ID #3868943). I've also tried to reach back once a week since I opened the request, and even doing that I'm still waiting for an answer.
I'm a loyal and old customer, so I confess I was not expecting this kind of service level. I think a big company like Evernote should take its service level more seriously.
For sure, you have a great product, but you also need to take care of your customers (especially the old ones like me).
I don't want to sound disrespectful, but this just isn't right and it's totally unacceptable.
I truly hope you can do something about it.
Otherwise, I'm seriously considering canceling my subscription.

Thank you.

Leandro

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

We're other users but may be able to help wit work-arounds if you want to give us more details of your system and whatever issues you're experiencing.  Obviously we can't help with subscription or authentication issues.  I did flag your ticket number for one of the Forum Admins (an employee) to take a look at - it may or may not generate any action...

Hey @mackid1993 and @gazumped, thank you very much for reaching out.

I understand this is an user forum, but I was hoping someone from Evernote would be here and then try to help. 

My issue is specific and well-known. I'm having trouble syncing Noteshelf with Evernote. Most of my Noteshelf notes only sync the first page, and the other ones do not sync at all. I always get the same error on Noteshelf: "Sync failed with reason: Rate limit reached".

Of course, I have already talked to Noteshelf support but they need Evernote help to investigate the problem. Noteshelf support team is trying to help but they are also waiting an answer from Evernote support team.

It's really frustrating...!

If you guys know any workaround for that, please let me know (I'll send you a box of wine/beer...LOL...).

Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, LeandroCA said:

My issue is specific and well-known. I'm having trouble syncing Noteshelf with Evernote. Most of my Noteshelf notes only sync the first page, and the other ones do not sync at all. I always get the same error on Noteshelf: "Sync failed with reason: Rate limit reached".

Was this working on Legacy but stopped working when you migrated to v10, or had this been working with v10 and now isn’t?

Yeah @PinkElephant, that's the main problem...Evernote Devs are not responding to Noteshelf Devs.

@s2sailor, I've been facing this problem for more than one year now. I think sometime last year, Evernote changed/updated its integration APIs but never documented that to third-party companies/partners. Since then, my Noteshelf notes have stopped syncing.

Guys! How is that possible? I big company like Evernote not giving a S#!+ to their users? Really?

We need to get together and scream louder somewhere else...come on!

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, LeandroCA said:

I've been facing this problem for more than one year now. I think sometime last year, Evernote changed/updated its integration APIs but never documented that to third-party companies/partners

They have changed the sync and are undergoing a lot of new development.  I suspect the API will get updated when the development settles.  This process did break other 3rd party integrations.  I agree it could have been handled better.

5 hours ago, LeandroCA said:

I think sometime last year, Evernote changed/updated its integration APIs but never documented that to third-party companies/partners.

Yep - same here... Have been a Filterize user who changed to Make. But it does not work. See 047 - RTE sync is too fast to connect API apps on server site as a problem description here in forums (along with many support tickets around syncing and API).

One solution might be a new REST based API like suggested in last posting of thread Third-Party Plugins Integration in Evernote as a premium feature. No response so far 😞 

12 hours ago, LeandroCA said:

Guys! How is that possible? I big company like Evernote not giving a S#!+ to their users? Really?

We need to get together and scream louder somewhere else...come on!

We've been screaming, believe me. Apparently BS has some really good noise cancelling headphones.

On 5/16/2024 at 5:23 AM, gazumped said:

I mailed a suggestion (on something else) to Evernote feedback today,  and part of their response says - 

- which does get you to a new Support screen...

I have been unable to get any sort of a support / ticket screen to appear from anywhere last few days. I've tried from both of my macs, from my android from an iPad this morning and everything just fails and dumps me to my Evernote web login but nothing but nothing of support screen, I don't even know what it looks like lol. The support of theirs is such a joke it's just ridiculous.

I have attachments from previous income taxes that are now showing as untitled attachment and I have no way to get these back and I've been trying for a few weeks... So not only is their support bad, but their product is also terrible now.

24 minutes ago, FredJ said:

I have been unable to get any sort of a support / ticket screen to appear from anywhere last few days. I've tried from both of my macs, from my android from an iPad this morning and everything just fails and dumps me to my Evernote web login but nothing but nothing of support screen, I don't even know what it looks like lol. The support of theirs is such a joke it's just ridiculous.

I have attachments from previous income taxes that are now showing as untitled attachment and I have no way to get these back and I've been trying for a few weeks... So not only is their support bad, but their product is also terrible now.

Maybe try a private window? I just did and got right to support.

Try on a different network, cellular hotspot maybe?

18 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

Maybe try a private window? I just did and got right to support.

Try on a different network, cellular hotspot maybe?

Good points... at least knowing you are working does help... But I'm having no problems with absolutely anything else, so even though it might be on my end, it must be something that they could fix with their programming on their end.  I'll try your hints later today when I get a chance...

6 minutes ago, FredJ said:

Good points... at least knowing you are working does help... But I'm having no problems with absolutely anything else, so even though it might be on my end, it must be something that they could fix with their programming on their end.  I'll try your hints later today when I get a chance...

If it's working for everyone else and not you the problem isn't likely on their end.

11 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

If it's working for everyone else and not you the problem isn't likely on their end.

Well, we don't know THAT (everyone else).  I just tried using data (thus not my ISP), and Incognito... WHY does it redirect me to the https://www.evernote.com/client/web web login!!???  Does yours do that AND you get a popup for the ticket??  (I'm not blocking)

21 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

Nope I followed the steps in your video on the other thread in a private window (no cookies) and got right to support.

I actually know really think that it's something to do with my account, because I keep getting redirected back to my logged-in Evernote web account, and I just tried it on an old tablet that I had kicking around two and I did the same thing after getting successfully authenticated it bounces me to my Evernote logged in!  I pretty much suspect that if I could give you my login credentials, but you would see the same thing! (of course that's not feasible).

• Sad 1
On 5/18/2024 at 2:21 PM, FredJ said:

I actually know really think that it's something to do with my account, because I keep getting redirected back to my logged-in Evernote web account, and I just tried it on an old tablet that I had kicking around two and I did the same thing after getting successfully authenticated it bounces me to my Evernote logged in!  I pretty much suspect that if I could give you my login credentials, but you would see the same thing! (of course that's not feasible).

Maybe there is an authentication issue going on, they did roll out a new authentication system both using oauth for the desktop clients and a totally new login flow on the web. Perhaps something with that isn't quite right.

52 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

Maybe there is an authentication issue going on, they did roll out a new authentication system both using oauth for the desktop clients and a totally new login flow on the web. Perhaps something with that isn't quite right.

I wonder if you were to clear your cookies and cache??  (Might mess you up though).

12 hours ago, FredJ said:

I wonder if you were to clear your cookies and cache??  (Might mess you up though).

I did, and I tried a private session. No issues.