Help Needed: Locating New AI Features in Evernote 10.81.4

Hi

I recently install the latest update to Evernote version 10.81.4, intrigued by the promise of new AI features as mentioned in the release notes. The update highlighted exciting additions such as AI Edit, which boasts capabilities like fixing typos, summarizing content, translating, and more, all from within the note editor. Additionally, there was mention of an option to hide the 'Press "/" to insert an element' hint, which I found quite useful.

However, after updating, I've run into a bit of a snag. I can't seem to find these new AI features anywhere within the app. Even the AI Cleanup tool, which I've had issues with in the past, seems to have vanished (not that it ever worked LOL). I've looked through the editor settings and tried exploring various menus but to no avail.

Where would one find these new AI Edit options and possibly how to activate or access the AI Cleanup feature again? 

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Level 5

Wow, I can't seem to avoid the AI Edit stuff (don't know about cleanup). The AI Edit button should be at the right end of the editing toolbar. Or try selecting more than 3 or 4 words of text--it will pop up an AI Edit icon to distract from anything you may have actually wanted to do with that text. If you're not seeing these, which version number are you on?

Yeah it's appeared as a pop up - doesn't show for me on far right.

By any chance does someone have a copy of it's splash screen. Mine has disappeared and has not returned.. I did not click on Do Not Show Again.. How annoying! 

• Evernote Expert

AI Cleanup was replaced by AI Edit.  The AI Powered Search is the only other AI feature in 10.81

AI Edit is found under the three stars button

image.png.362fa3baf672d6806ea252b0d930fe5c.png

AI Powered Search is an option under the search button

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, KoZz said:

It only appears for me if I select a minimum of 2 sentences which will do... 

Yes, a minimum amount of text needs to be selected before it will activate.

• Level 5
2 hours ago, s2sailor said:

Yes, a minimum amount of text needs to be selected before it will activate.

But what is that minimum? I've selected whole lines and not gotten the popup. If I type "IMPORTANT: To secure " and select it, the popup appears. If I type "IMPORTANT: To secure " (no boldface) and select it, no popup. I don't think it's just amount; I think it's analyzing other things as well.

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

But what is that minimum?

No idea but it appears to be content sensitive.  It would be interesting to see how it is done.

• Level 5
Just now, s2sailor said:

No idea but it appears to be content sensitive.  It would be interesting to see how it is done.

Interesting, perhaps, but it would be more useful to turn it the 🤬 off.

• Haha 1
  • Level 5

Funny: This is what I wrote (it's more or less "Whatever" in German):

Was auch immer

And this is what I got as conclusion (in English), from only these 3 German words:

Conclusion:

So, whatever the case may be, let's just roll with it and see what happens. Cheers!

To me it doesn't look there is too much logic behind it. It is just that it needs some material as building blocks. My short sentence was not enough to be summarized, but it served OK for a conclusion.

6 hours ago, agsteele said:

AI Cleanup was replaced by AI Edit.  The AI Powered Search is the only other AI feature in 10.81

AI Edit is found under the three stars button

image.png.362fa3baf672d6806ea252b0d930fe5c.png

AI Powered Search is an option under the search button

We know you have AI. But some of us DO NOT need it. Please give us an option to turn if off.

• Evernote Expert
8 hours ago, ephan said:

We know you have AI. But some of us DO NOT need it. Please give us an option to turn if off.

I'm not sure why you have replied to me. I don't use it either but I think I was answering somebody else's question. Perhaps you need to contact Evernote directly.

18 hours ago, agsteele said:

I'm not sure why you have replied to me. I don't use it either but I think I was answering somebody else's question. Perhaps you need to contact Evernote directly.

Sorry, I made a mistake. 

I wondered you are a staff of Evernote.