How do you turn off "Press "/" to insert an element" from blank lines on a note?

This new update is in my opinion extremely distracting and annoying. I am having this issue using Evernote on a Windows machine. I do not see it happening on the mobile version. I am running the most up-to-date version on Windows which is 10.79.3. According to the release notes, this slash command note was added as a "new feature".

Any time you have empty space on a list and start to type, the message "Press "/" to insert an element" pops up in light gray.

I want to turn this off. There must be a way to do it. Does anyone know how?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Look for the three dots menu next to the blue Share button and choose 'Slash Commends'

According to my Windows OS version of Evernote, I am on the latest version. It is 10.79.3 and it included this slash command issue as a new feature. There is no "slash commands" option in the three dot menu next to "Share," so I don't think this can be turned off.

I don't see a way to update to 10.81.4 as you described. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/26/2024 at 2:34 AM, gazumped said:

Look for the three dots menu next to the blue Share button and choose 'Slash Commends'

I saw the "Hide inline hint" and turned it off, however whenever I type "/" the shortcut appears. How do I disable the commands as I need to use "/" in my notes? 

It is a hindrance when I am typing "/" and then something else appears like a TABLE or New Note. 

On 3/25/2024 at 2:47 PM, evernote_ds said:

Fixed! Thanks everyone.

In my opinion, this was an extremely unnecessary thing from Evernote in the first place.

Here is the fix 

To hide the inline hint in Evernote, you can select Note > Slash Commands > Hide Inline Hint from the menubar at the top of your screen. And I think you also have to be updated to at least version 10.85.4

• Level 5

Given how the updater usually keeps all clients current, I doubt you did just now get that option. This was 5 releases back - introduced with 10.81, we are now on 10.86. Maybe you didn't notice it before. They have stuck it into the 3 dots menu, probably to include the web client, but I would not have looked it up there by myself if I had not known where to go.