Sorry, we’re having some trouble loading Evernote Web. Try reloading the page.

I am having the same issues and tried the same solutions. I have sent numerous requests for support, but have not even received an acknowledgement of them. 

• Like 1

Through email and the web. Now I’m not able to get onto the phone app <or> the web. I pay a big premium for this app. More than any other app on my phone or computer. This treatment is inexcusable. 

I am having the same issues and tried the same solutions. I have sent numerous requests for support, but have not even received an acknowledgement of them. 

• Like 1

Sorry I can't help you, but I had the same problem on Firefox. Tried cookies/cache clear, changing DNS server, everything else I could think of to no avail, and support just gave canned responses. So I had to use Chrome. Maybe a week later (I was checking Firefox every day), it started working in Firefox again.

• Like 1

I have submitted numerous support tickets, and am unable to get a response from Evernote Support Help.  Is there a problem receiving HELP tickets. I’m receiving ‘Sync’ continually displaying, ‘over/under’ arrows.  
Dusky McGee

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  You have a response - albeit automated - and a reference.  If you continue with 'no I need help' the support team will get back to you - but this has been an exceptionally busy period for them and I know they're currently overwhelmed.

Too funny n sad.  You have to approve every complaint here.  Sorry guys there's many other places on the web to tell the world how your app sucks n you can't control the data others entrust with you...

I did go steps farther, and completed suggested recommendations from automated mail, then returned msg request for additional help required Support (3 times over last two weeks); however, no follow-up reply from Support. Thanks for your reply. I know all are busy, so I’ll anxiously await Support’s response.
Dusky

• Like 2
  • Level 5

Support is under water since last summer. Which is bad news for anybody who needs support.

We are other users here. We can’t assist on payment and account issues.

Creating more tickets on the same issue only leads to more backlog, and doesn’t help because these later tickets will only end up further down the queue.

I’m not familiar enough with the Submit Ticket process to know if messages have been received.  If I don’t hear back for days, then I assume I have either made an error in ticket submission; or, there is an error in the ticket process.  This is the only reason for my submitting additional tickets.  I don’t need every complaint recognized due to a ‘control freak’ issue as another user suggested.  After ticket is submitted, a canned reply is sent by Support stating suggested User steps to be taken. Once those steps are taken, User then replies back that additional help is required.  At this point, User has no way of knowing whether this ‘steps’ submitted data has been received by Team.  Another Status message could be sent to User stating that Support Team has received, and User’s Issue is in Help-Log Queue.  I’m a strong believer in respectful communication, and I certainly understand when the Support Team is overwhelmed. I never want to add duplicate backlog, or create additional stress for Support Team members.  We all need Support.

• Level 5

You don’t need to be tech savvy.

The first indication you created a Ticket is when you receive confirmation, (and that’s important) with a ticket number. No ticket number, no ticket.

Once you have it, you can check after logging into the help pages what’s the status of your ticket. This allows to check the status,l to add information or open it again if it was prematurely closed.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm getting the same error (again) in Firefox. I have a ticket opened #3853173. Cleared cache/cookies, browser is up to date. Anyone have a solution/ideas?

Screen Shot 2024-04-08 at 11.58.02 AM.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5

I've usually gotten this fixed with the steps you've already taken. I don't know if restarting the computer would help. Have you tried a different browser? That would at least indicate where the problem lies.

It works fine in Chrome. I'm wondering if it has something to do with 10.83.5 which I received this morning. I tried  first thing this morning opening EN in Firefox and got the error. Immediately tried in Chrome and it works, and it showed the version update notice.

happens in chrome as well.

don`t think version plays a role. same issue few weeks ago on the same version.

most likely on evernote side.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
5 hours ago, kumquat said:

happens in chrome as well.

The post above yours says not,  and I just tested out Chrome and logged in fine.  Firefox security may be getting in the way here...

EN is still not working on Firefox for me (and it works on Chrome, same machine). Out of curiosity I looked at the html of the error page and I've pasted it below with hope that you guys that are smarter than me could provide some intel. I replaced the sensitive info. Note that EN thinks the userAgent is Edge (last script at the bottom, in bold). Really interesting (concerning?) is that where I've written RANDOMEMAIL@SOMETHING.COM...those are emails from people I regularly communicate with, but some of those addresses ARE NOT in my EN!

<!doctype html><html style="height:100%;width:100%;overflow:hidden"><head><meta charset="UTF-8"><meta name="referrer" content="strict-origin-when-cross-origin"><meta http-equiv="Content-Security-Policy" content="default-src 'self' 'unsafe-inline' 'unsafe-eval' data: blob: *.evernote.com *.spidersense.bendingspoons.com spidersense.bendingspoons.com *.google.com *.googleapis.com *.google-analytics.com *.gstatic.com *.doubleclick.net *.appspot.com *.m-stable.test.enops.net *.m-stable.dev.enops.net www.datadoghq-browser-agent.com browser-http-intake.logs.datadoghq.com logs.browser-intake-datadoghq.com api.iterable.com wss://*.m-stable.test.enops.net wss://*.m-stable.dev.enops.net *.ingest.sentry.io *.mockapi.io;"><link rel="Shortcut Icon" href="/favicon.ico?v2" type="image/x-icon"/><title>Evernote Web</title><script id="baseEmbed" type="application/json">{"baseUrl":"https://www.evernote.com","userSlotUrlPrefix":"","user":"{\"1\":{\"i32\":13570},\"2\":{\"str\":\"MY-EN-USERNAME\"},\"3\":{\"str\":\"EVERNOTEEMAIL@SOMETHING.COM\"},\"4\":{\"str\":\"MYFIRSTNAME MYLASTNAME\"},\"6\":{\"str\":\"America/Chicago\"},\"7\":{\"i32\":3},\"9\":{\"i64\":1206113246000},\"10\":{\"i64\":1710169666000},\"13\":{\"tf\":1},\"14\":{\"str\":\"s1\"},\"15\":{\"rec\":{\"5\":{\"lst\":[\"str\",6,\"clarifi\",\"eye-fi\",\"webclipper\",\"pdfsearch\",\"blackberry\",\"filesync\"]},\"6\":{\"str\":\"MY EVERNOTE EMAIL ADDRESS\"},\"7\":{\"lst\":[\"str\",10,\"MY EVERNOTE EMAIL ADDRESS\",\"RANDOMEMAIL@SOMETHING.COM\",\"MYEMAIL@SOMETHING.COM\",\"RANDOMEMAIL@SOMETHING.COM\",\"RANDOMEMAIL@SOMETHING.COM\",\"RANDOMEMAIL@SOMETHING.COM\",\"RANDOMEMAIL@SOMETHING.COM\",\"RANDOMEMAIL@SOMETHING.COM\",\"RANDOMEMAIL@SOMETHING.COM\",\"RANDOMEMAIL@SOMETHING.COM\"]},\"14\":{\"str\":\"*user invite\"},\"15\":{\"i64\":1711565177000},\"16\":{\"i32\":1},\"20\":{\"str\":\"en\"},\"22\":{\"tf\":1},\"26\":{\"str\":\"en\"},\"33\":{\"tf\":0},\"34\":{\"i32\":2},\"35\":{\"i64\":1710169666000},\"36\":{\"i64\":1674160370000},\"39\":{\"tf\":1}}},\"16\":{\"rec\":{\"1\":{\"i64\":21474836480},\"2\":{\"i64\":1714719600000},\"3\":{\"i64\":21474836480},\"4\":{\"i32\":2},\"5\":{\"str\":\"4715735139219695\"},\"6\":{\"str\":\"BILLY\"},\"7\":{\"i64\":1573513612000},\"8\":{\"str\":\"premium-1year\"},\"9\":{\"i64\":1573513922000},\"12\":{\"i64\":1605136012000},\"13\":{\"i64\":1573600305000},\"14\":{\"i64\":1712151635000},\"16\":{\"str\":\"2815571756162071\"},\"17\":{\"i64\":1573513906000},\"18\":{\"str\":\"USD\"},\"19\":{\"i32\":6999},\"23\":{\"i32\":0},\"25\":{\"i32\":0}}},\"17\":{\"rec\":{\"1\":{\"i64\":1712760877052},\"2\":{\"tf\":1},\"3\":{\"tf\":1},\"5\":{\"tf\":0},\"6\":{\"tf\":0},\"7\":{\"tf\":0},\"8\":{\"tf\":0},\"11\":{\"tf\":0}}},\"19\":{\"str\":\"URL-TO-MY-EVERNOTE-AVATAR\"},\"20\":{\"i64\":0},\"21\":{\"i32\":3},\"22\":{\"rec\":{\"1\":{\"i32\":200},\"2\":{\"i64\":209715200},\"3\":{\"i64\":209715200},\"4\":{\"i32\":1000},\"5\":{\"i64\":21474836480},\"6\":{\"i32\":100000},\"7\":{\"i32\":1000},\"8\":{\"i32\":100000},\"9\":{\"i32\":100},\"10\":{\"i32\":100},\"11\":{\"i32\":1000},\"12\":{\"i32\":2147483647},\"13\":{\"i32\":2147483647},\"14\":{\"i32\":0},\"15\":{\"i32\":10000}}},\"23\":{\"rec\":{\"1\":{\"i64\":1712760877052},\"2\":{\"tf\":1},\"3\":{\"tf\":1},\"5\":{\"tf\":0},\"6\":{\"tf\":0},\"7\":{\"set\":[\"i32\",2,2,3]},\"8\":{\"str\":\"premium-1year\"},\"9\":{\"i64\":1744296877052},\"10\":{\"tf\":0}}},\"24\":{\"rec\":{\"1\":{\"tf\":1},\"2\":{\"tf\":0},\"3\":{\"i64\":1469725729000}}},\"25\":{\"tf\":0},\"26\":{\"i32\":30}}","COMM_ENGINE_URL":"https://cdn2.evernote.com/commEngine.html","COMM_ENGINE_URL_ENABLED":true,"REPACKAGING_ENABLED":true,"SERVICE_BASE_URL":"https://www.evernote.com","CALENDAR_INTEGRATION_MVP":false,"CALENDAR_ACCOUNTS_QUERIES_POLLING_REMOVAL_V2":true,"USER_CREATED_AFTER_SPACES_GA":false,"RTE_ENABLED":false,"ITERABLE_IN_APP_BORON_WIN_ENABLED":false,"ITERABLE_IN_APP_ION_ENABLED":false,"ITERABLE_IN_APP_BORON_LINUX_API_KEY":"be2604878be84071aa7f3830cc3d9fc8","USERID":XXXXX,"CE_LOG_LEVEL":"OFF","TSD_TIMING_DELAY":-1,"ITERABLE_IN_APP_BORON_LINUX_ENABLED":false,"RECURRING_TASKS_BETA_ENABLED":false,"ITERABLE_IN_APP_ION_API_KEY":"1e72ea43a8d8418c9acf019710d3fc9d","ITERABLE_IN_APP_BORON_MAC_ENABLED":false,"TEMPLATES_ENABLED":true,"SEARCH_V4_ENABLED":false,"MAESTRO_UPGRADE":true,"DASHBOARDS_ENABLED":true,"NEW_USER_FREE_TRIAL_PROMO_CODE":"86fe54e944118fc779bacb7705f6bb40","ITERABLE_ION_API_KEY":"1e72ea43a8d8418c9acf019710d3fc9d","ORION_WINBACK_PROMO_CODE":"4zqdfxs3yetrx5z","EXPERIMENTS_SERVICE_ENABLED":true,"WORKCHAT_ENABLED":false,"ITERABLE_BORON_API_KEY":"d1bc896b6c3d4813b148d6456a8ab5ba","ITERABLE_DATADOG_LOG_ENABLED":false,"COMM_ENGINE_RETRY_ATTEMPTS":5,"INK_SKITCH_ENABLED":false,"RESIZABLE_NAV_BAR_ENABLED":false,"TASKS_2020_ENABLED":false,"RTS_CLIENT_API_KEY":"AIzaSyBymISfriZwvTtDsyLEieQwjRiZx2QdpJQ","HOME_2020":false,"MULTIAUTH_ACCOUNT_SWITCHER_ENABLED":false,"BOB_SEPARATION_ENABLED":false,"EXPERIMENTS_QA_TOOL_ENABLED":false,"ITERABLE_IN_APP_BORON_MAC_API_KEY":"d1bc896b6c3d4813b148d6456a8ab5ba","BOARD_VIEW_SYNC_INTERVAL":5000,"CALENDAR_DEFAULT_NOTEBOOK_FEATURE_ENABLED":false,"CHINA_SERVICE":false,"REMINDERS_ENABLED":true,"COMM_ENGINE_ENABLED":true,"BOARD_VIEW_ENABLED":false,"UP_SYNC_DISABLED":false,"ITERABLE_ION_ENABLED":false,"ITERABLE_IN_APP_BORON_WIN_API_KEY":"4dce8eb2fe3e427da365378c79bd6306","RTS_CLIENT_API_PROJECT_ID":"en-production-firestore","STATIC_CONFIGS":{"QUICK_SWITCHER_ENABLED":true},"ITERABLE_BORON_ENABLED":false,"IS_EVERNOTER":false}</script><script defer="defer" src="https://web.desktop.evernote.com/builds/next_20240405130859/main/1992.a0cf6d4de00b7157d111.js"></script><script defer="defer" src="https://web.desktop.evernote.com/builds/next_20240405130859/main/main.babc46038050f3b3db6a.js"></script></head><body style="height:100%;width:100%"><div id="root" style="height:100%;width:100%"></div><div id="contextMenuPortal"></div></body><script>window.navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Edge")>-1&&window.location.assign(window.location.origin+"/WebClientUnsupportedBrowser.action")</script></html>

19 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Both Safari and Firefox work for me to use the Web Client. MacOS Sonoma, all the latest OS and browser releases.

and on deprecated OS evernote locks their service??

some computers can`t update on a newer one, at least web version should work...

On 4/10/2024 at 12:08 AM, gazumped said:

The post above yours says not,  and I just tested out Chrome and logged in fine.  Firefox security may be getting in the way here...

what do you mean?

it`s not working in chrome for me. tried everything, clearing cache, privacy mode, mobile hotspot etc.

two weeks ago same problem, then started working again after a few days, didn`t change anything, completely random.

for some it`s not working in chrome for some it`s not working in firefox for some it`s not working in both.

this app gets more unstable every day.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, kumquat said:

this app gets more unstable every day.

I don't use Firefox,  but Chrome has been working for me daily.  You need to look elsewhere for the issue.

I am also having the same problem with web version on Firefox on a mac computer. I tried several times to clear my cache and restarted my computer and nothing has worked. I can't use Chrome it freezes my computer.

19 hours ago, gazumped said:

I don't use Firefox,  but Chrome has been working for me daily.  You need to look elsewhere for the issue.

maybe. but seems like many people do have these issues with chrome and firefox these days according to the threads within this forum.

since it worked fine few days ago there must have been some changes from evernote side. maybe they locked for some OS / want to urge people to pay or sthg. else.

what else could be wrong with a browser ...

at least web version should work, that`s very strange. i hardly don`t know any cloud service where web version gives such weird info. nearly impossible to imagine this for facebook / instagram / linkedin etc.

all in all very unsatisfying.

• Level 5

To me it sounds more that the browser guys changed things on their side.

I run Safari and Firefox, and never had a problem to access the web client. I was on a corporate network on a project for half a year and used Edge (Chromium based)  there, and didn’t have any problem either. I don’t see why EN should be changing things - it is the browsers that evolve, especially Google / Chrome who try to destroy all competitors by tweaking and twisting the browser engine at will.

9 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

To me it sounds more that the browser guys changed things on their side.

I run Safari and Firefox, and never had a problem to access the web client. I was on a corporate network on a project for half a year and used Edge (Chromium based)  there, and didn’t have any problem either. I don’t see why EN should be changing things - it is the browsers that evolve, especially Google / Chrome who try to destroy all competitors by tweaking and twisting the browser engine at will.

thx.

so you mean chrome and firefox changed things at the same time and this forces an error message from evernote?

it`s very unlikely that a website from such an big application completely locks their entire service.

as mentioned above never seen this on linkedin/facebook/instagram/ebay you name it.

maybe some functions won`t work or some css/js is broken but blocking the entire service looks more like evernote excluded specific browser verisons or specific OS and browser combinations.

• Level 5

No, I mean that Chrome is breaking things all the time, and FF needs to try to follow it. BTW AFAIK Google is one of the main contributors to the non profit organization carrying Firefox. You could say they finance their own competition, to be able to tell everybody there is no browser monopoly.

I would force them to either give up the browser, or the search engine / advertising business. Because all they do with Chrome is to keep competing services from performing the same (disgusting) tracking of the users - the tracking they do to secure their multi billion business model. As next step they will remove Cookies from the internet. The replacement will be as privacy corrupting as Cookies - but Google will have the monopoly on reading it out.

OK, but I deviate. I don’t think that EN changed anything.

27 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

No, I mean that Chrome is breaking things all the time, and FF needs to try to follow it. BTW AFAIK Google is one of the main contributors to the non profit organization carrying Firefox. You could say they finance their own competition, to be able to tell everybody there is no browser monopoly.

I would force them to either give up the browser, or the search engine / advertising business. Because all they do with Chrome is to keep competing services from performing the same (disgusting) tracking of the users - the tracking they do to secure their multi billion business model. As next step they will remove Cookies from the internet. The replacement will be as privacy corrupting as Cookies - but Google will have the monopoly on reading it out.

OK, but I deviate. I don’t think that EN changed anything.

thx.

maybe they break some things but as i said EN isn`t a one person company. very very unlikely that some browser changes lead to this error in such an big application.

btw. doesn`t work on browsers on the mobile phone as well.

only thing which is working is the android app.

all browsers on mac os or android os i tried show the same error.

• Level 5

Logged in just now, Firefox 124.0.2 on Mac Sonoma 14.4.1, Mac mini M1. Worked without any problem, straight to my notes:

image.thumb.png.4f797c50e332873a057789c0ea810948.png

On Safari, same procedure as every time:

image.thumb.png.f51b0f5b32ac6d1409e916c72af8c09f.png

Don't use Chrome, but I see no reason it shouldn't work.

12 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Logged in just now, Firefox 124.0.2 on Mac Sonoma 14.4.1, Mac mini M1. Worked without any problem, straight to my notes:

image.thumb.png.4f797c50e332873a057789c0ea810948.png

On Safari, same procedure as every time:

image.thumb.png.f51b0f5b32ac6d1409e916c72af8c09f.png

Don't use Chrome, but I see no reason it shouldn't work.

thx.

great it works for you.

i tried with chrome, firefox and some mobile browsers on the phone.

all the same error.

EN must have been changing some things for some OS/browser combinations or for some regions in europe.

very disappointing.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, kumquat said:

EN must have been changing some things for some OS/browser combinations

You're thinking maybe they got bored and went out to mess with the systems?

7 hours ago, gazumped said:

You're thinking maybe they got bored and went out to mess with the systems?

i think web version doesn`t work for me and many others regarding threads opened within forum last few weeks.

never experienced something with facebook, instagram, linkedin etc. on their web sites, no matter which browser updates or OS are in use. (except for some very very old IE versions).

for sure evernote changed things.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, kumquat said:

for sure evernote changed things.

<Sigh>  Sure they did.  Evernote web is still opening for me just like it usually does,  but if you have any glitch Evernote must obviously be changing things...  have you tried any of the usual fixes like app restarts / or powering things off and on again?

I've got it working fine on 4 different browses across 3 machines. 

Anyone having issues should test in a guest browser profile. 

If it then works it's probably an extension, ad/tracker blocker or a corrupt profile causing the problem. 

23 hours ago, gazumped said:

<Sigh>  Sure they did.  Evernote web is still opening for me just like it usually does,  but if you have any glitch Evernote must obviously be changing things...  have you tried any of the usual fixes like app restarts / or powering things off and on again?

thx.

yes tried everything.

7 hours ago, Jon/t said:

I've got it working fine on 4 different browses across 3 machines. 

Anyone having issues should test in a guest browser profile. 

If it then works it's probably an extension, ad/tracker blocker or a corrupt profile causing the problem. 

thx.

no unfortunately does not work with other profiles.

tried on browsers chrome, firefox on a mac.

tried on different mobile browsers on an android phone.

all lead to the same error.

• Level 5*
29 minutes ago, kumquat said:

all lead to the same error.

Sorry but you're on the slow boat to Support then.  The web version works for me and for many others - if you have an issue it's something to do with your local systems.  Support may be able to help you work out what that is - but it's going to take a while...

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Sorry but you're on the slow boat to Support then.  The web version works for me and for many others - if you have an issue it's something to do with your local systems.  Support may be able to help you work out what that is - but it's going to take a while...

thx.

local systems?

android and mac at the same time? worked on both 2 weeks ago.

• Like 1

I'm also unable to log in to Evernote web using my chromebook. Cleared the cache, restarted all the things, still nothing. Installed the actual app on the chromebook thinking maybe the web just wasn't interfacing well. Can't even sign into the app, it just keeps reloading the sign in screen without an error message.  

I've been a long time paying user of Evernote and I really want to keep it, but I'm getting frusterated.

11 hours ago, Tamara Van Hook said:

I'm also unable to log in to Evernote web using my chromebook. Cleared the cache, restarted all the things, still nothing. Installed the actual app on the chromebook thinking maybe the web just wasn't interfacing well. Can't even sign into the app, it just keeps reloading the sign in screen without an error message.  

I've been a long time paying user of Evernote and I really want to keep it, but I'm getting frusterated.

looks like EN changed things and messed it up for some OS/bowsers

• Level 5*

looks like EN changed things

...and you say this on what basis?  Please don't post unless you can be helpful.

21 hours ago, gazumped said:

...and you say this on what basis?  Please don't post unless you can be helpful.

so, how does this post help me with the problem?

basis you can read above.

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, kumquat said:

so, how does this post help me with the problem?

It doesn't. But you're posting guesses not facts or useful information.  My point was - you're not helping either...

Has anyone had a response from Support yet?

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

It doesn't. But you're posting guesses not facts or useful information.  My point was - you're not helping either...

Has anyone had a response from Support yet?

nothing in this thread is a fact.

all posts are based on personal experience with evernote.

for me it is a fact that i changed NOTHING and i can`t open the web version with chrome / firefox / mobile browsers on android. tried with different connections, wifi, mobile hotspot, public wifi as described above.

no answer from support so far.

these are all facts.

• Level 5*

Have you tried using a VPN to rule out local network issues?

Are you using a supported browser version?  Maybe something did change recently that caused an older version to stop working.

On 4/17/2024 at 4:11 PM, s2sailor said:

Have you tried using a VPN to rule out local network issues?

Are you using a supported browser version?  Maybe something did change recently that caused an older version to stop working.

vpn no but tried on different wifi connections as well as free /public wifi.

supported browser version? what do you mean?

the chrome, firefox versions i use are suiteable for facebook, instagram, and many many other sites. never had any site which is simply blocked like this as it happens with evernote. so "supported browsers" for an web application like evernote is weird as long as i don`t use internet explorer version 1.1.

• Level 5*

the chrome, firefox versions i use

? Most folks choose one or the the other,  not both...  but both work...

• Haha 1
  • Level 5*
5 hours ago, kumquat said:

supported browser version? what do you mean?

These are the supported browser versions.

Web

• Chrome version 108 or newer
  • Firefox version 111 or newer
  • Edge version 108 or newer
  • Opera version 94 or newer
  • Safari version 16.4 or newer
18 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

@kumquat Check if popup windows are allowed in the browser settings.

Blocked popup windows seems to a major reason for problems with EN in browsers.

thx for your help, unfortunately this did not help.

15 hours ago, s2sailor said:

These are the supported browser versions.

Web

• Chrome version 108 or newer
  • Firefox version 111 or newer
  • Edge version 108 or newer
  • Opera version 94 or newer
  • Safari version 16.4 or newer

thx for your help, i do use supported browsers

On 4/26/2024 at 10:28 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Please see my reply to the other thread:

thank you!

tried to clear cache and cookies etc., unfortunately doesn`t work for me.

update: if OS version doesn`t meet requirements they just lock their service from one day to the other -> for web!!

no other "big" website does this. instagram, facebook, linkedin, google and so on, ... would be totally crazy just to think about such an lock of their websites just because the OS isn`t the latest.

unbelievable, just unbelievable.

• Level 5

Unbelievable is what I call ignorance of some users.

The browser needs to run an application called the web client. This is not a static page displayed, it is active code. To execute it needs a browser that can run it.

The browser versions asked for are not "the latest", and transparently listed in the help pages:

image.thumb.png.c78c7d3cfa16ab0ba298ec64d62f6c92.png

Firefox for example is currently ver. 125 (up from 111), Safari is 17.4 (up from 16.4). Making sure the browser is current is BTW one of the most important security aspects - a browser that executes malicious code by itself when just visiting a bad website is a dangerous browser.

has nothing to do with ignorance. can`t buy a new laptop just because evernote decides to lock hundreds of notes and that just because they decided that they stop their service for some OS for the web client (!!) from one day to the other.

not user friendly, completely insane. for native apps maybe ok, for web version just insane. especially without any useful information about the huge impact of their changes.

like i said, no other big website can afford this.

better not to use evernote.

• Level 5*

can`t buy a new laptop

No-one mentioned that.  Using current software is always a good idea.  If your laptop can't run current browser software,  that's not an Evernote issue...  but from what you've said previously you're using reasonably up to date hardware.  Where's the harm in updating your browser if one is available?

21 hours ago, gazumped said:

No-one mentioned that.  Using current software is always a good idea.  If your laptop can't run current browser software,  that's not an Evernote issue...  but from what you've said previously you're using reasonably up to date hardware.  Where's the harm in updating your browser if one is available?

like i said it`s not the browser (browser was/ist the latest version) it`s the OS (Mac OS Version) why Evernote locked web service. completely insane.

21 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

You are contradicting yourself within less than 5 posts you drop here.

your only intention is to be unfriendly out of nothing. no idea why.

no one urges you to post. 

besides that, please read properly, then think, then post.

(browser version != OS)

• Level 5

I just made a citation of your own postings. Within 5 postings you contradict yourself: in one post you rant about being left in the cold by EN skipping support for certain older browsers. Shortly  later you tell you use an supported browser.

Make up your status (or your mind), please.

4 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

I just made a citation of your own postings. Within 5 postings you contradict yourself: in one post you rant about being left in the cold by EN skipping support for certain older browsers. Shortly  later you tell you use an supported browser.

Make up your status (or your mind), please.

ok one last time, it`s not about the browser, it`s about the OS. i don`t contradict anything, you don`t understand.

• Level 5

The web client opened in a browser works independently from the OS. I can even open the web client on my Raspberry Pi, running on Linux in a flavor of Debian.

The OS requirements for the clients have not changed much since v10 was launched: Mac, Windows and iOS unchanged, for Android support for Android 9 was added (it was Android 10 when v10 was launched), and the beta for Linux has been abandoned.

Just now, PinkElephant said:

The OS requirements for the clients have not changed much since v10 was launched: Mac, Windows and iOS unchanged, for Android support for Android 9 was added (it was Android 10 when v10 was launched), and the beta for Linux has been abandoned.

they changed.

and yes they locked because of the OS version.

support told me as well.

• Level 5

This are the minimum system requirements for EN v10:

It was Win 10 , since the beginning.

It was MacOS 10.14, since the beginning,

It was iOS 13, since the beginning.

It was Android 10, which was improved to cover Android 9 last year.

So nothing has changed with the supported OS versions.

Thanks for mentioning the issue. It would be really helpful if you could elaborate on this or provide alternative solution to this.

I am having trouble logging in evernote web client in my browser since the new update.

System details

• MacOs Big Sur 11.7
  • Browser details - Google Chrome Version 124

Support Code details:
     Support code: fe020940

13 hours ago, Manick Vel said:

Thanks for mentioning the issue. It would be really helpful if you could elaborate on this or provide alternative solution to this.

I am having trouble logging in evernote web client in my browser since the new update.

System details

• MacOs Big Sur 11.7
  • Browser details - Google Chrome Version 124

Support Code details:
     Support code: fe020940

despite some supersmarts think they know better for me OS version was the reason, completely weird but that`s the way evernote treats their users. since support confirmed as well in my case maybe you should also contact support. your os version looks fine. maybe it`s the dns problem, try connecting via another network (mobile hotspot etc.) and see if it works then. https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012107027-Operating-system-requirements-for-Evernote

On 3/22/2024 at 10:32 AM, Stellar12 said:

Hi,

Not able to login to evernote web at all. Cleared cache and all. Opened in chrome on Ubuntu. It was working well before

Can anyone help here?

Login failed.png

same here. killing me.

• Level 5

Make sure your browser is up to the minimum requirements.

Use a personal hotspot to try access through a different network. Working now ? Check the local network.

Not working ? Check the computer for issues. Anybody on Free: Check the devices limit.