Menu bar radically truncated by new "AI EDIT" button?

Woke up this morning to this. I'm in 10.77.3-mac-mas-public (20240221121132), Editor: v177.3.2, Service: v1.93.3 on my 2019 MacBook Pro.

Half the menu bar buttons have disappeared, now hidden under a 'More" dropdown (see attached image). In their place is a big, wide, useless white space.

I suspect a lot of people, like me, use those buttons constantly, creating bullet lists, alignments, highlights, indents and outdents. Now they've been sacrificed for ... white space?

How about a quick fix of this?evernotemenubarwhitespace.thumb.jpg.9ad5071b0014cfeb531c285d50f88f3a.jpg

5 minutes ago, Steve G. said:

The menu bar is identical. I even did a restart, still the same.

Same here. Its a bug and they know about it. Should be fixed next release, probably next week.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I restarted my Mac and just got the truncated menu bar with features I use regularly now stashed under the More button. (v10.79.3 for Mac)

UGH! I hope they do revert back to the menu that expands for more options the wider the window is, like before. Eagerly waiting for the next update to see...

10.79.3-mac-ddl-public (20240307101007)
Editor: v177.6.1
Service: v1.95.0

On 3/8/2024 at 1:07 PM, Mareydenis said:

I restarted my Mac and just got the truncated menu bar with features I use regularly now stashed under the More button. (v10.79.3 for Mac)

UGH! I hope they do revert back to the menu that expands for more options the wider the window is, like before. Eagerly waiting for the next update to see...

10.79.3-mac-ddl-public (20240307101007)
Editor: v177.6.1
Service: v1.95.0

I'm still on 10.79.2 but I'm also seeing some weirdness with the width of text. Not only with the more/overflow menu, but body text of notes themselves now have a large margin on the left side when I make the window wide. I'm quite sure it's a bug and hopefully will be fixed in the next update.

I guess we were a little over-optimistic thinking Evernote would fix this with the next upgrade.

Just got hard-upgraded to 10.79.3-mac-mas-public (20240307101007), Editor: v177.6.1, Service: v1.95.0

The truncated menu is still there. I hope they don't talk themselves into believing this is a feature and not a bug.

• Sad 1
On 3/9/2024 at 11:44 PM, Paul A. said:

but body text of notes themselves now have a large margin on the left side when I make the window wide.

That sounds like the fact that some versions reset the note width setting.

From the top menu: tools 🢂 settings 🢂 notes. Scroll to the bottom and select "Fit to Window"

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Apple Orange said:

When will this get fixed??

10.80.3 should fix this. Looking good here. Check the Evernote download page for a new version a little quicker than the in-app update.

Kinda fixed. On my 16" MacBook Pro, I get three buttons back, but there is still a lot of space between the buttons and the AI Edit button.

The only way I can get more buttons to show up is to go into full-screen mode. Then I get the indent and centering buttons, but there's still a sizable space before the AI Edit botton.

image.thumb.png.382677b52ea59240a7c53440f5dd0250.png

• Thanks 1