Evernote 10.77.3 Windows : print bug still not fixed

Strange, I don't seem to have that bug either.  I have never thought that printing from EN was great, but I have no complaints with the two notes I have just test-printed.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, janndk said:

Tlač zo VŠETKÝCH ostatných aplikácií funguje v pohode – problémy mám len pri tlači z Evernote 😕

and different printers? Like PDF Creator .... no interal export?

4 minutes ago, ferol said:

and different printers? Like PDF Creator .... no interal export?

Pdf export and "print to pdf" works (although they have their own bugs and problems). Also print via system dialog.

Maybe try a different printer driver, some manufactures provide a PCL driver and PostScript driver. Maybe try a different one from the one you are using. It's possible it's just an unfortunate compatibility issue with the print driver since no one else can reproduce this.

1 hour ago, mackid1993 said:

Maybe try a different printer driver, some manufactures provide a PCL driver and PostScript driver. Maybe try a different one from the one you are using. It's possible it's just an unfortunate compatibility issue with the print driver since no one else can reproduce this.

Same with two different printer drivers. As Evernote is the only app with these print problems, I assume Evernote is the culprit.

I can print via system dialog - but sometimes I forget to do that, and then waste paper/ink/time. And using system dialog also takes some unnecessary extra clicks.

58 minutes ago, janndk said:

Same with two different printer drivers. As Evernote is the only app with these print problems, I assume Evernote is the culprit.

I can print via system dialog - but sometimes I forget to do that, and then waste paper/ink/time. And using system dialog also takes some unnecessary extra clicks.

Not sure if someone has already asked, but do you get a similar problem when printing from the web app?  

1 hour ago, janndk said:

Maybe try a different printer to troubleshoot. Several of us cannot reproduce this so it is most likely a compatibility issue with your printer.

I would also suggest trying another app based off of Electron, maybe see if the same thing happens in Joplin which also uses Electron.

You may want to delete %appdata%\Evernote on Windows or ~/Library/Application Support/Evernote on Mac to see if it's some sort of settings or database issue with the Evernote client on your machine. If that is the case, then the problem would be Evernote but a client side issue and not a bug which seems likely given that no one else has this issue.

11 minutes ago, amInMarina said:

Not sure if someone has already asked, but do you get a similar problem when printing from the web app?  

Printing from Evernote web app has its very own challenges: all notes get a gray frame around, and a scrollbar on the side 😕

en20240224_001133.thumb.jpg.c7ec3c2b57c56faa9748b2f60b7e557f.jpg

39 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

Maybe try a different printer to troubleshoot. Several of us cannot reproduce this so it is most likely a compatibility issue with your printer.

I would also suggest trying another app based off of Electron, maybe see if the same thing happens in Joplin which also uses Electron.

You may want to delete %appdata%\Evernote on Windows or ~/Library/Application Support/Evernote on Mac to see if it's some sort of settings or database issue with the Evernote client on your machine. If that is the case, then the problem would be Evernote but a client side issue and not a bug which seems likely given that no one else has this issue.

Just tried print from Joplin (not a fan of Joplin, but testing it from time to time), and print works just fine.

I propably need to investigate this further. Also need to find out how much (or little) i'm going to use Evernote in the future. As I understand, there is some very interesting stuff on the way (e.g. calendar two way sync!), but i'm also sooo tired of struggling with bugs through many years and find it difficult to fully trust Evernote/Spoons.

...and that terrible new UI sure doesn't make it better either. Even Joplin is beginning to look good compared to EN 😉

9 minutes ago, amInMarina said:

In the web app it looks like you're printing an image of the note.   What does the printed note look like when using "Choose Microsoft Print to PDF" ?

Yes, Evernote web print is what it is. Unfortunately. Printing to a pdf gives the same result. However, the pdf is not just an image, but text (surrounded by images)