New UI - Can't arrange pictures anymore

Go to solution Solved by buckethead,

Since updating to 10.76.2 and encountering the new UI, I've faced a major issue: Suddenly, each image in a document occupies an entire line, regardless of its size. Previously, I could resize images to arrange multiple in a row and group them.

This is a crucial feature for me as I use Evernote for many mood boards and image-heavy documents.

Now their format is completely ruined, and they're excessively long. I can't send these to clients like this. I had to downgrade to the older version. Does anyone have a solution? If this isn't fixed soon, Evernote becomes unusable for a significant part of my tasks.

To illustrate, here's one of my documents before and after the upgrade.Mittel(Bildschirmfoto2024-02-15um17_52.08).jpeg.9a2db129b53dcc403740e627d268179d.jpegMittel(Bildschirmfoto2024-02-15um17_33.04).jpeg.447c72b6643a0c82fc2c755abc33fc01.jpeg

• Like 2
  • toems changed the title to New UI - Can't arrange pictures anymore
  • Level 5

Previously = legacy

As usual what follows is a lengthy discourse about life being not fair, everything not as good as in the good old days, etc.

There is a simple alternative to this: Ask HOW ?!

In this case: Create a table, put each picture into a table cell. 5 columns = 5 pictures in a row.

• Like 1

@toems I agree. I like being able to center images with the new change, but wish they would have implemented that functionality without making it work like it does now -- which is worse for me as well.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Previously = legacy

As usual what follows is a lengthy discourse about life being not fair, everything not as good as in the good old days, etc.

In this case: Create a table, put each picture into a table cell. 5 columns = 5 pictures in a row.

What's the purpose of this comment? Your solution is overly complex and impractical. If we don't address the issues, nobody benefits, and Evernote won't fix them either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Previously = legacy

... in 10.75.2  this still working with no new inteface... A I also used images like toems

• Like 1

TY  PinkElephant   for the work around to arrange pics side-by-side using a table 🙏🏿

but GOD what a pain, being an Engineer that documents site visits with many pics <=it is a necessity to be able to easily shrink and display side-by-side.

I still use evernote Legacy with the EverTool to adjust the width of multiple photos at once but the way things are looking evernote legacy will soon not be usable  : /  which is actually not needed in the "Table method" now... 

so SADD INDEED the evernote development team would do this    : (. . .  

Here is hoping they fix it and make working with photos easy 🤞🏿

ßill
🕊️

They gave us what they thought we said we wanted - the ability to control the alignment of images on the page. In so doing they decided to more consistently reinforce the "one item per line" rule which has been there since the beginning of V10 for things like attachments and tables. Just to make the point, they decided that an attachment should take up the whole line.

Personally I can't see that I would ever want a right alligned image if I can't put text to the left of it - but maybe I just don't conform to current design standards.

Remember you are providing the content but EN can change the design whenever they like, no new update required. I'm expecting all my notes to be green on St Patrick's day, possibly with the odd dancing lepricorn thrown in for good measure.

• Like 3
  • Level 5

As already posted, placing a table to hold the pictures in a row is the best solution currently available. It has the advantage that future UI changes will likely not touch objects arranged in tables.