V 10.76.0 mobile

Go to solution Solved by buckethead,

I just updated to the newest version on IPad and IPhone and received the attached message.

Do you know what the second section (14 new features) means specifically: 
I tried to understand if this is new functionality, at least for the first feature, and asked myself if one is now able to access note history on mobile in the same way as on web or desktop, but unfortunately I did not find the corresponding menu item under "note information". 

IMG_0381.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Solution

It looks like EN is not limiting the features of the free accounts anymore. They have moved to a limitation on the number of notes/notebooks free accounts can create.

Note history is only available on the desktop apps - it has not been available on the mobile apps.

• Like 2
  • Level 5

Thanks, @ghon. I have an Android phone, which recently was upgraded to v. 10.75.1, and a paid subscription. (Apparently the mobile version numbers are now level with the desktop and Web apps.) I will be interested to see if I also see this list when 10.76 is available on Google Play, since from the screenshot you posted it's unclear to me also whether this is about new features for mobile apps or new features for free users. I'd love to have note history available on mobile! Kind of another communication fail from Evernote. But bless their heart (as we say in the southern U.S.), at least they're trying.

• Level 5

Maybe they give you an option: Accept 50 notes cap, get Boolean in exchange …

You can always open a Free account beside your regular one, and try it yourself.

Just as a little war story: When I upgraded to Professional, I asked support how I can use the geographical search. I mean, they advertise it as a difference to the Personal plan, so you would assume it must be one of these WOW-things ?!

There was nothing about it in the help database, beside it IS mentioned as a feature. And support couldn’t tell me nothing about it either. This was back then, when there was a functioning support. But they didn‘t have a clue. After 3 rounds of asking, I let it slip. So I think there is still more to uncover than just Boolean search.

• Sad 1
6 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Maybe they give you an option: Accept 50 notes cap, get Boolean in exchange …

You can always open a Free account beside your regular one, and try it yourself.

Just as a little war story: When I upgraded to Professional, I asked support how I can use the geographical search. I mean, they advertise it as a difference to the Personal plan, so you would assume it must be one of these WOW-things ?!

There was nothing about it in the help database, beside it IS mentioned as a feature. And support couldn’t tell me nothing about it either. This was back then, when there was a functioning support. But they didn‘t have a clue. After 3 rounds of asking, I let it slip. So I think there is still more to uncover than just Boolean search.

Yeah I'm confused about geographic search as well. I get you could geotag your notes, not sure where you do that...

• Level 5

If GPS is enabled, and the feature is enabled, all notes created on mobile are automatically tagged with the location.

You can even go to the map in note information, and change the location there.

Plus there are commands in the advanced search syntax that allow to search for geographical locations. But it‘s sort of arduous, because you need to convert the location into coordinates. And notes created on desktop or web are not searchable, and you can‘t add a location to them either.

So let me say: I wanted to know, but I didn‘t have higher expectations into it. But they couldn‘t even tell - I could have told them more than they could tell me 😅

• Thanks 1

Hopefully this is for everyone. It seems like based on the early screenshot it is. If so it certainly adds some much needed value given the price increase. They really need to rebrand Free as a Trial plan. It's better marketing in the long run because it removes the expectation that Evernote can and should be a free service.

7 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

Hopefully this is for everyone. It seems like based on the early screenshot it is. If so it certainly adds some much needed value given the price increase. They really need to rebrand Free as a Trial plan. It's better marketing in the long run because it removes the expectation that Evernote can and should be a free service.

I agree it improves the value of the Personal plan - the geographic search (if it can be surfaced / used intuitively) could be quite interesting to me. Maybe the Boolean search too, though not sure how I would use it. It does weaken the Professional plan, so I wonder if new features are on the way for that plan, or if maybe the Pro plan itself will go away? 🤔

I recently downgraded to the Free plan and have noticed that Evernote is not specifying the plan type/name in any of the frequent upgrade notifications that Evernote shows me in the app. It just gives me an annual price, and if I select to see "other plans" it then offers a monthly payment option. Sometimes the offers are $170/year, sometimes $130/year, but in neither case does it tell me what kind of plan / features I would get for my payment.

Also, I occasionally get offered a $4.99 per week plan, which I found a little off-putting. The first time I saw it I thought hey, that's a good deal (I assumed it was $4.99 per month) and only after looking carefully did I realize it was actually more expensive than even the Professional plan.

• Confused 1
3 hours ago, Paul A. said:

I agree it improves the value of the Personal plan - the geographic search (if it can be surfaced / used intuitively) could be quite interesting to me. Maybe the Boolean search too, though not sure how I would use it. It does weaken the Professional plan, so I wonder if new features are on the way for that plan, or if maybe the Pro plan itself will go away? 🤔

I recently downgraded to the Free plan and have noticed that Evernote is not specifying the plan type/name in any of the frequent upgrade notifications that Evernote shows me in the app. It just gives me an annual price, and if I select to see "other plans" it then offers a monthly payment option. Sometimes the offers are $170/year, sometimes $130/year, but in neither case does it tell me what kind of plan / features I would get for my payment.

Also, I occasionally get offered a $4.99 per week plan, which I found a little off-putting. The first time I saw it I thought hey, that's a good deal (I assumed it was $4.99 per month) and only after looking carefully did I realize it was actually more expensive than even the Professional plan.

I think they are trying to figure out what will catch on. Bending Spoons has tried weekly plans with their other services.

• Level 5

The weekly plan is meant for those who have a dedicated short time use case.

With the video / photo editing it may be a vacation or the kid‘s birthday. There a week may be a natural if you don’t need the tools for the rest of the year.

So why not offer the option for EN as well ? Somebody will for sure have an idea how to employ it.

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

With the video / photo editing it may be a vacation or the kid‘s birthday. There a week may be a natural if you don’t need the tools for the rest of the year.

I buy this for a video editing app. But a note taking app? I'm sure you could find one person out there who might find a weekly plan useful, but my guess is most people are likely to get hoodwinked into overpaying. Especially when the weekly plan isn't offered transparently side-by-side the cheaper monthly and annual plans (it wasn't for me).

Bending Spoons seems to be using Deceptive Patterns (formerly known as Dark Patterns) to juice subscription numbers. It feels unnecessarily sneaky and underhanded.

• Like 1