Not sure if this is the right forum to post to. I looked at several. The only real issue I'm having with EN now is with Tasks. I think I've even narrowed that issue down to a certain type of tasks: those that repeat after completion. I have notified EN of this and nothing as of yet but I wanted to see if anyone else has this issue. Other tasks seem to work more or less properly but when I set up a task as repeat after completion, and I complete the task, after a few minutes it pops back up in my task list as needing completion for today. If I complete it again, after a few minutes it will come back again. It doesn't seem to matter what my repeat schedule is whether it's daily, weekly, or whatever. 

Anyone else experience this? Maybe its user error of some kind?

Thank you. 

It has happened to me several times. I think I've generally found that deleting the task altogether and creating a new one usually fixes the problem. Guessing that there is some bad metadata in there or something.

Which app are you using?

Check you're on the latest version as I think there was an issue which I believe was fixed.

Most of my tasks are recurring and are completing correctly for at least the last couple of weeks. Much faster as well!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Boot17 said:

I think I've generally found that deleting the task altogether and creating a new one usually fixes the problem

I have done this so many times. lol. I have even deleted the note all together, recreated the note and added tasks to occur upon completion. Same issue. Glad it worked for you though. Thank you. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jon/t said:

Which app are you using?

Check you're on the latest version as I think there was an issue which I believe was fixed.

I am on 10.74.1. I was asked to update yesterday. I dont see another update for today. Is that what you have? I will try to delete the entire note again and add tasks that recur on completion and see if I have the same issue. I'll report back. Thank you. 

4 minutes ago, silentquest said:

I will try to delete the entire note again and add tasks that recur on completion and see if I have the same issue. I'll report back.

I did that test and the same issue. Crazy. Only happens on "after completion" type recurring tasks. 

17 minutes ago, silentquest said:

I am on 10.74.1. I was asked to update yesterday. I dont see another update for today. Is that what you have? I will try to delete the entire note again and add tasks that recur on completion and see if I have the same issue. I'll report back. Thank you. 

Yeah. I'm on 10.74.1 on Windows. When you have some time do a full uninstall/reinstall and see if it fixes anything. Remove data and reinstall.

Right now for me tasks are working better than they have for ages.

Hey - hmmm, working fine for me on web. As Jon has said, right now this is as good as tasks has ever been in my view. If no joy with the full reinstall, let us know. Happy to screen share with you if needed to see if anything jumps out

A while ago there was a time where I had to resort to using the web version to complete tasks for a couple of months because I was having so many similar issues to you OP, but Desktop Evernote has been working pretty well for me of late -- haven't had to delete and recreate a task for a month or two now. 

In my case tasks seems to work ok, but there is one annoying bug (an old bug that got fixed, but has come back again): when moving tasks to another note, it sometimes leave an empty task behind.

Just to confirm you are all using the repeat after completion function? I agree regular tasks are working fine. It is only when I use this function. If you are I will try the full reinstall. 

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 4.29.01 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious about your opinions on this functionality.  Is everyone here satisfied with the "RECURRING" task functionality that never shows the task marked as completed for any period of time? When you check a completed task it shows a check mark of completion for just a moment and then immediately updates the "DUE DATE"  and becomes unchecked again. I see from the example that some users consider this to be the expected behavior.  To me, the most obvious version of this being inconvenient is a list of recurring daily tasks to work through.  You can't tell if you have completed your list unless you individually read each due date.  I feel like the main of advantage of a TASK list would be to able to confirm at a glance that you have completed the tasks.

13 minutes ago, Brooksking70 said:

I'm curious about your opinions on this functionality.  Is everyone here satisfied with the "RECURRING" task functionality that never shows the task marked as completed for any period of time? When you check a completed task it shows a check mark of completion for just a moment and then immediately updates the "DUE DATE"  and becomes unchecked again. I see from the example that some users consider this to be the expected behavior.  To me, the most obvious version of this being inconvenient is a list of recurring daily tasks to work through.  You can't tell if you have completed your list unless you individually read each due date.  I feel like the main of advantage of a TASK list would be to able to confirm at a glance that you have completed the tasks.

For me the was it works is OK. My expectations are that a recurring task is completed, it goes away and gets set for the next recurrance.

That said I would like better ways to filter tasks, more widgets and the ability to see completed tasks a little easier.

I tend to work from the home screen task widget or sidebar and have the sidebar set to due dates so I can see what I have to do today.

• Like 1

I don't know if you all received a survey from EN asking about our  usage of tasks. It looked formal and something that everyone would receive? It came through the desktop app.  I was heartened by this that tasks are being looked at or at least on the radar. I also received an IOS update fixing a bug for tasks that the tasks list has not always reflected the due date on the note. I am hopeful their focus is on tasks right now and some things will be fixed/improved. 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, silentquest said:

I don't know if you all received a survey from EN asking about our  usage of tasks.

I received the same and gave them a long list of suggestions largely based on my post in this thread:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

It's good to hear that repeat after completed is fixed, I will try tasks again. Still disappointed the Located in filter does not work in iOS tasks, but have found workarounds.

Glad I am not the only one with that pain point in iOS. Saved me a post about it. Already opened a ticket with support so it's logged.

12 hours ago, Kheldar321 said:

Glad I am not the only one with that pain point in iOS. Saved me a post about it. Already opened a ticket with support so it's logged.

I opened three tickets on it, the first one was escalated for further review, and then "escalated to our Technical Support team",  8 months ago!

Since then I opened two more tickets on it. I have heard nothing more.

• Sad 1