Refund / Customer Service Frustration HELP!!!

Hi there,

I bumped my Evernote down to the free plan, then asked for a refund within a week or two of the charge. It had been renewed even though I hadn't gotten any notices. I submitted a ticket and they said they had processed my refund.

Three weeks later and no refund. My ticket is not accessible to me -- I can see it there but if I click on it, it just gives me a blank screen. I can't submit a new ticket -- the button is greyed out and says "upgrade." So I'm on the free plan and can't get direct support, BUT they still have my $129.

I've replied to the support email a couple of times with no luck. They need to either give me my money back or give me my paid for plan back!!! I'm VERY ANGRY!

Any way to get in touch with them besides through the support ticket submission screen?

-Angela

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
9 minutes ago, bluesky_free said:

submitting the request repeatedly!!!

How to really,  really annoy a support team...

I flagged your ticket number,  though I'm sure they're dealing with tickets and refund requests as quickly as they can...

Hello - @gazumped Would you be as kind as to help me as well please?

It seems I am experiencing exactly the same issue as those above, although I have now been waiting a month for a response for my refund request, so if you can help I would be very grateful indeed please!

Ticket: #3824862

I was sure the account in question had been changed to a free one without autorenew off, as seems to be the case for the others as well.

Interestingly, I did actually go throuhg the refund process on my other account about 4 months ago, although I think that took about two weeks to resolve; so it appears customer service has degraded even further. I think I recall some notes about customer support undergoing some sort up update back then as well, so this is very disapointing - not to mention incredibly inconvenient.

This process should only really take a day or two to complete - and given the recent price hikes it makes it even more impactful - I really needed that money last week!!

Is there a email/contact whom we can raise a direct complaint to? Or a regulatory body?  Waiting a month without any other way to contact a company is simpy unacceptble!

In any event, I do hope you can help me as well; it would be very much apprecaited!

Many thanks and kind regards.

• Sad 1
  • Level 5*
On 2/25/2024 at 3:48 PM, Heretik said:

Is there a email/contact whom we can raise a direct complaint to? Or a regulatory body?

Hi.   I flagged your report.  As to the question,  Evernote is now an Italian company so you can contact your local consumer  bodies to see whether they have any way to offer help,  and/ or raise a complaint with evernote (which any regulatory body would require you to do anyway).  You could also contact the bank or card company through which you made you payment in case they have some way to claw it back...

Thanks very much @gazumped I very much appreciate your help on this - and the additional infomation.

Using a support ticket method for billings support was always going to be a messy business I think - I'm sure there are more of us having this problem too.

It really is a poor customer experience and would seem there could be a problem with the auto-renews not working as expected as well, something that should really be a high priority to investigate I'd say.

I must say, I am very thankful for your assitance, (thank you!), although it should not be the case, the point of customer issue escalation is rasied via a public forum (although it does helpfully spread awareness for others), so I do hope these improvements to Customer Support Service do materialise and actually improve matters at some point! Fingers are crossed!

Sadly though I think I will be looking at Evernote alternatives once my refund is resolved  - unless they offer me heartfelt apologies and some sort of compensation package that is! 

I will post how long it takes to finally get a response, and of course how long the refund ends up taking.

Again, my sincere thanks :)

• Like 1

Bi @gazumped sorry to bother you again, but I was hoping you can again, try to help me get my issue resolved?  Currently things are entirely unsatisfactory for me I’m sad to report. Whereas I finally received a response, it was incredibly unhelpful, stating I had put my ticket under the wrong catagory, though they said they would respond if I “still needed help”,  but they then go on to say  “Alternatively, if you have realized that you may have selected the incorrect option, you are welcome to submit a new request through our Contact form“.

Having waited a month for a response I’m not keen to open a new ticket and wait for what could be another month, so I replied as such, but when I checked for a further reply today, I can see the ticket has been set to “resolved”! 

Having responded again to the thread I can see it has re-opened my ticket- but will I have to wait another month!??  I am hoping you can help to make sure this gets done please?

It’s quite clear whoever responded to me hasn’t actually read my ticket, having said “if I still need help” is quite aggravating as I stated clearly that I needed a refund ASAP - I’m sure you will agree and understand just how frustrating this is for a customer when no one is offering any actual help, with responses from people who appear to be on autopilot with no real intent of helping their customers or making any effort to actually understand the issue or trying to help!

Are you able to help raise this as a formal complaint for me as well as try to help me get this resolved  please? 

I would very much appreciate your help on this.

kindest regards

The total lack of support is a HUGE elephant (if I may) in the room.

Me, I only have complaints about v10 -- they don't actually owe me money. But come on -- is it always gonna be this way? Because it is totally and thoroughly unacceptable to treat paying customers like this. I have never experienced worse software support in my entire (long) life. Never.

And they had the nerve to raise the price. WTF? When I pay for software, I expect support. Any sane human does.

Unfortunately, I guess there's not a lot any of us can do, as we're screaming into a vast and empty void. (Any Italian EN users here who could hand deliver some messages?)

• Like 3
  • Level 5

Support currently is dreadful: First they take way too long to react with their first non automated response, then the reaction is often as if they didn't read (or understand) the problem posted.

What does this observation change ? Nothing, unfortunately.

So we do our best to help each other.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Heretik said:

Are you able to help raise this as a formal complaint for me as well as try to help me get this resolved  please?

Hi again.  I'm really sorry you're having so much trouble getting proper support.  I'll flag this thread again for an Admin to look at,  but I'm only another user here - I don't have a direct line into Evernote or a formal complaint process.  I'm sure you'll get a response eventually,  but I know that's no comfort while you have an open-ended wait...

Hi @gazumped thanks for your help on this, really do appreciate it - so it turns out they have replied and now processed my refund, however they failed to update the threads on the 'My Requests' page today as you would expect and instead have emailed me. In the end last niight I did open another ticket as they suggested I could do, and today I can see they have deleted my message in that ticket. This ticket, as well as the first one explaiedn how I would like to raise and offical complaint, something they decided to side stepped in their email. I have just replied to them thanking them for finally completing my refund, but also re-asked them to raise my complaint officially due to the horrednus customer experince I've had, so I will see if they want to keep my custom with my main account.

I am seriously reconsidering continuing with Evernote now for next year as having to wait over a month for a refund, and then finallying getting an unhelpful ,confusing response is simply unacceptable and I'd rather take my customer elsewhere if there is nothing they can compensate me with following such an unnesssary ordeal.

Anyways! Thank you for your help, I really do appreciate it, looks like I am good for now.

Cheers

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Giving Evernote lots of 'please look at this' reminders is just going to slow the queue down even more,  and generate more requests for  ticket flagging...  Unless you have some extreme need for the cash right now,  please just be patient.  You have a ticket number,  and you will get a response as soon as they can get through the list.

I got such poor support over an issue a couple of weeks ago that I contacted the product manager directly and oddly the support was suddenly supplied to the level I'd expect. Shouldn't have to be this way.

1 hour ago, david_navigator said:

I got such poor support over an issue a couple of weeks ago that I contacted the product manager directly and oddly the support was suddenly supplied to the level I'd expect. Shouldn't have to be this way.

Dare we ask how you went about doing that?

The support situation is beyond horrible, and something needs to be done about it. If there's another avenue available (other than relying on fellow posters here or creating tickets that will be ignored for weeks), it'd be great to know about it. Maybe if the product manager gets enough "feedback," someone at BS might realize their support is pure BS.

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, david_navigator said:

maybe you could invite him to these forums ?

Federico already has an account here and reads some of the content - he wisely stays out of the ranty bits.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, gazumped said:

Federico already has an account here and reads some of the content - he wisely stays out of the ranty bits.

What would be really useful in these forums would be a flag "seen by Evernote", so at least we'd know if they were aware of a specific post.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

And what good would it do to you ?

If I would see too many of these flags, I would start to bother that somebody getting paid to make the service better spends too much time here ...

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
15 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

somebody getting paid to make the service better spends too much time here ...

Fair point.  It would mean an employee reading through posts and just creating internal tickets for other employees to work on...  which is essentially the same operation as users having issues and creating their own tickets.  Hopefully Evernote will even out soon and we won't need reassurances.

• 3 weeks later...

I am yet another person who has spent WAY too much time in the doom loop of trying to get a refund initiated, after being billed at a new (egregiously larger) rate for my subscription. 

• Level 5*
On 4/16/2024 at 9:16 AM, David ibnAle said:

I am yet another person who has spent WAY too much time in the doom loop

The process should be fairly simple,  but is currently slow... contact Support - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new (but be very patient for a response) 

EDIT - Oh,  and as you could have done at any time: please go to https://www.evernote.com/BillyBillingProfile.action (it's the 'Billing' page of your online account) and check out the very bottom of the page,  just above "Terms of Service".   

'Cancel your Evernote subscription' is there - choosing it will downgrade you to Free to avoid further billing.

How long does it take to get an answer from the support? I contacted them two weeks ago and have not yet gotten a single response or a ticket, just an automatic email regarding steps to be taken with respect to the 2FA reset. I provided all the required data, and it is really frustrating as I cannot access my account anymore...

• Level 5*
On 4/18/2024 at 2:17 PM, mrdouglasburnett said:

How long does it take to get an answer from the support?

Hi.  As long as it takes.  The team are doing their best,  but there are only so many hours in the day...

Sorry, but you guys charge over 100 dollars for your subscription, and one can't await an answer from customer support within three (!!!) weeks?! You should overthink your business model because I'm canceling for sure.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
36 minutes ago, mrdouglasburnett said:

Sorry, but you guys charge over 100 dollars for your subscription, and one can't await an answer from customer support within three (!!!) weeks?!

Not us - mostly other users here.  How did you contact Customer Support?

Via the contact form:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/22644890823315-Two-step-verification-issues

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=254668&guest=true&guest=true&guest=true&guest=true&guest=true

I uploaded all requested documents and just got an email repeating the steps in the first link. No support ticket. I replied several times to such email but did not get any reply.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, mrdouglasburnett said:

Via the contact form:

That is the correct route,  but as you have found the team there are under a great deal of pressure and are weeks behind in dealing with queries.  If you have responded to the emails,  you will get a reply as soon as they are able.