Are there some Kanbanote users here?

• Level 5
2 minutes ago, AlbertR said:

I'm a user of https://www.kanbanote.com/ and I like it.

image.png.9afd9e8fe9dd83b54b750748aead4d0e.png

It's very useful to mantain lists of notes by grouping them based on notebooks and tags. To motivate its developer(s) to enhance it by some nice features, it would be great to get in contact with some other users (here) 😉 - THX

Because they don't have their own forums or feedback process??

• Haha 1
Just now, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Because they don't have their own forums or feedback process??

No - they have a nice feedback process (to enter ideas and weight it). But I'm fishing for some comrades outside to get into our pool 😉

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Albert, I do. I am a heavy user of Kanbanote, allthough I am hoping Evernote will bring good Kanban functionality to the table.

I have about 16 Kanbanote boards on specific topics (projects, regular work and miscelanious). On top I have two others: a cockpit board (with all relevant notes from the 16 boards which give me an overview of all the action) and a Daily Journal Board (with an overview of daily notes today, this month, declaration information).

Every board has a number of columns with notes based on notebook and/or labels. On most boards I am using the following columns: Initiative (why am I doing this project or regular work, in light of goals, yearplan, etc.), emails (relevant e-mails to this topic), meetings & chats (relevant meetings/chats), docs&links, web articles, backlog, todo, doing, done, archive.

See the rules I have setup for the board about HR cycle. The rules correspond with the specific notebook and used labels.

Concerning Kanbanote and feature development. I hope the developer will come into action. There a  lot of good ideas on the Kanbanote Feature Lab. But in last two years (or longer) nothing has been done with that. 

image.thumb.png.c55e0d54b6b767c2b56b37f13a641d9d.png

image.thumb.png.cee27c54229126261377c475cd338840.png

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
5 minutes ago, MarcelCo said:

I am hoping Evernote will bring good Kanban functionality to the table.

I guess I'm using a Kanban-style approach with some of my notes.  I have a 'GTD-ban' set of Table of Content notes called Now / Soon / Whenever / Maybe that I can stack side-by-side across my landscape screen,  or switch between.  I can list and group child note links in any order on any screen,  and move text or link entries between screens by all the usual means.  Some of my ToC entries are child ToCs themselves for specific topics or projects.

The usual note features are available at various levels - tags / titles / tasks / searches / emojii etc.

I'd be interested in any suggestions for any Kanban-style things that can't currently be done with that sort of setup in Evernote.  (That's not a challenge - I'm genuinely interested in new and different ways to show and share information! :))

• Evernote Expert

I manage a Kanban-like process inside Evernote byusing a single row, four column table which is effectively a table of contents. I use the card view for each note so can do everything inside Evernote instead of jumping out to Kanbanote to view the Kanban view. 

This works well enough for me but a fully featured Kanban project manager might well be better.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, agsteele said:

I manage a Kanban-like process inside Evernote byusing a single row, four column table which is effectively a table of contents. I use the card view for each note so can do everything inside Evernote instead of jumping out to Kanbanote to view the Kanban view. 

Looks like this as an example:

image.thumb.png.79fb734410e9053142b7085963afcdfd.png

You can use either Title or Preview to view the note link and then can drag the note from column to column.

image.png.869e6bfa35a079c4b857f149857e2c57.png

• Like 1
4 hours ago, MarcelCo said:

See the rules I have setup for the board about HR cycle. The rules correspond with the specific notebook and used labels.

Your recent statement really caught my interest! Would you mind expanding on that concept please?

• 1 month later...
On 1/12/2024 at 5:11 PM, RJLUK said:

Your recent statement really caught my interest! Would you mind expanding on that concept please?

Hi RJLUK, what would you like to know? In basics it comes down to:

- In EN I am using notes with labels. Like: 5.HR Cycle (the topic) and !Internet, !Email, !Meet & Chats, !Document (the box - where do they go in Kanbanote (which column). For the general types (Kanbanote Columns: Initiative until Webarticles): the notes do not have to be in a specific EN Notebook. 

For the kanban types (Kanbanote Columns: Backlog until Achive): these notes have to be in the corresponding EN Notebook. The reason is that you can move the cards in Kanbanote from one to another (ie from !Backlog to !Doing, or !Doing to !Done). When you move the card in Kanbanote the label in EN will be changed for you!

Hope this will help.

That being said. It worked for me for more than a year. But working in two apps (EN and Kanbanote) and the fact that both apps do not develop enough to make my work easier I recently switched to Notion.

In Notion I have set up three corresponding databases: Focus (my year goals and initiatives), Activities (projects, regular work, etc.) and Tasks. And seperate database with the meetings. And, its working like a charme.

• 2 months later...

I use Kanbanote. It's kind of klunky (ie - you can't be in the note in the Evernote app and also drag the note in the Kanbanote app) but it works - I have 5 boards and what's in the column(s) is a combination of notes and tags and/or just tags.

Because I like the kanban visual/flow I rarely use Tasks. I was looking at the new Tasks full-screen appearance, but it's still not a workflow landscape of what's in the hopper or up-next for me - if that makes sense.

One board is a snapshot of GTD dashboard of items - I start my day looking/updating that. I also have a Tasks & Calls board - similar to what Boot17 discussed - but Kanbanote populates just by adding tags and I think that's the thing. Some columns have disparate notes and kanban lets you see that; a task and a project in a "do now/keep an eye on". Some notes are on multiple boards because the note is a project.