Grrr. Update results in really. Slow. Evernote. Everything

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

I updated to the latest (10.67.2-mac-ddl-public (20231122160420) Editor: v176.32.0 Service: v1.80.1), running on a 2021 MBP with plenty of RAM and SSD available, on the latest Sonoma build. 

The update resulted in typing delayed by 1-2 seconds, slowness changing to different notes, and slowness in basically everything. I've tried it in new notes and old notes. I've rebooted the app, my computer, and uninstalled/reinstalled. It also appears that you can't directly file a Customer Support report anymore? 

So... what's my option here? This is unworkable and I use Evernote for my dissertation. It's death by a thousand cuts, but I'll save those for another post.

• Level 5*
  • Solution

Yup.  Reported several times now.  Fixed - in some cases at least - with:

1 - Exit Evernote / delete data from device

2 - Uninstall app with Appcleaner (Mac) or Revo Uninstaller Free (Win)

3 - Power device off / allow 10 seconds / power back on

4 - Download latest Evernote from Evernote.com

5 - Reinstall. It will take a little while for the app to be fully operational

• Thanks 1

After one attempt to do it manually— a search for all files (including hidden files) with Evernote in the name— which didn't work, I downloaded AppCleaner, ran that to clean out Evernote entirely, rebooted, reinstalled, and it was fine.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
On 11/30/2023 at 2:30 PM, Yukon50 said:

I'm having the same issue. A few days ago, Evernote updated on my Mac, and now it's barely usable. Takes several seconds for the app to respond to everything such as typing, scrolling, etc and is very "janky."

See the reinstall suggestion above...

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2023 at 9:30 AM, Yukon50 said:

I'm having the same issue. A few days ago, Evernote updated on my Mac, and now it's barely usable. Takes several seconds for the app to respond to everything such as typing, scrolling, etc and is very "janky."

Hi @Yukon50 - how is Evernote working for you after the latest update?  Mine is still slow but wondering if you found a solution!

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, nabil- said:

Hi @Yukon50 - how is Evernote working for you after the latest update?  Mine is still slow but wondering if you found a solution!

Did you try the reinstall steps mentioned in the post marked solution above?  Download the latest directly from the Evernote website instead of the App Store.  After reinstalling you will need to wait a bit while the local database downloads again before it will be fully functional.

On 12/22/2023 at 6:23 PM, s2sailor said:

Did you try the reinstall steps mentioned in the post marked solution above?  Download the latest directly from the Evernote website instead of the App Store.  After reinstalling you will need to wait a bit while the local database downloads again before it will be fully functional.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Yes I tried downloading directly from website and even used an app cleaner to remove related preference files etc - no dice 😕