The customer service of Evernote is so bad

It seems like Evernote's customer service is the worst out there. I reached out through the support request option in the app and got no response. I found a link on Google to a contact form and submitted my issue there, but it took them 4 days to respond, and they didn't solve anything. I accidentally deleted my Evernote key from Google Authenticator and needed to reset it. The customer service told me to reinstall the Google Authenticator app, which made no sense, I don't have the key because I deleted it, and there is no backup. I replied to their email four days ago with no response, is this email working? support-webform@evernote.com

I can't access anything on the web or plugins without the Google Authenticator key, and I need to reset it. The support is terrible due to the long response time and lack of solutions. It's nearly impossible to find a contact form or email on their website. On top of that, as an Ubuntu user, I'm not happy with their decision to stop updating the Evernote app for Linux. I've been a premium user since 2011, but I'm considering switching to another app with better customer treatment. I'm sure they're losing thousands of customers because of their poor service.

• Like 4
  • Level 5

@jongaYou can check the status of every ticket you ever launched when you log into the help pages and choose My Requests. You can reopen a ticket as well if it was prematurely closed.

For all support contact by email you need the number of an active ticket in the mail title field. Everything else will be filtered.

We all agree that the current react time is abysmal.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Anirudh Mathur said:

It is truly bad service... at least you got a response. My request raised is waiting for 10 days, and no reply in sight. 

Could you share the link to the form you found on Google? I'm hoping its a different one that the Requests feature, trying my luck. 

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?guest=true

I will try again with the same form. 

Edit: it seems is not the correct link, I don't remember which is the right one.

Oh, well, this is definitely the form, but it only allows you to open a ticket if you select certain categories, like 'Account Management,' for example.

5 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

@jongaYou can check the status of every ticket you ever launched when you log into the help pages and choose My Requests. You can reopen a ticket as well if it was prematurely closed.

For all support contact by email you need the number of an active ticket in the mail title field. Everything else will be filtered.

We all agree that the current react time is abysmal.

I'm not sure if I've opened any tickets. I contacted them through the app, in the 'Submit a Support Request' section. I can't do anything from the browser because it asks for the Google Authenticator code. I have a second phone that I just reset, and I can't use Evernote on it either because it asks for the key. Thankfully, I'm already signed in on the mobile and laptop apps

• Level 5

When / if you issued a ticket, you receive an automatic return email within a few minutes. It contains your ticket number. Support will then contact you at the same mail address.

If you didn’t receive the first, automatic email, you either didn’t issue a ticket after all, or it went to another mail address - the one you entered into your account settings.

About both mistakes EN can’t do much.

3 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

When / if you issued a ticket, you receive an automatic return email within a few minutes. It contains your ticket number. Support will then contact you at the same mail address.

If you didn’t receive the first, automatic email, you either didn’t issue a ticket after all, or it went to another mail address - the one you entered into your account settings.

About both mistakes EN can’t do much.

In that case, the issue is that the 'Submit a Support Request' section of the mobile app doesn't work, which is also not surprising considering their poor customer service. My email is correct, and I didn't receive anything, not in spam or the regular inbox. Well, I didn't have high hopes for that section; I knew it wouldn't work.

I just realized that the form is the right one, I will edit the previous message.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue on both of my Windows computers.  I don't know why.  I spent some time trying different things to get around the issue but, after a short time, decided to go on a motorcycle ride instead.  Now, I just use a mobile device to file a service ticket, as Pink suggests.  I typically submit a very scaled down report on mobile and then I can respond to the auto email with copious detail about whatever issue I'm having and attach log files.

Vinnie

• Like 1

@PinkElephant @VincentC Thank you both for the support. I don't know why but this is happening on the mobile as well. Perhaps it is because I only have the $130 subscription? Maybe technical support isn't covered? I did send a help ticket under "billing" which let me submit one. Perhaps they can redirect my inquiry. I still can't log in to the "Help & Learning" center but I can log in to this forum. 

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us# takes me on an infinite loop

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?guest=true lets me submit a ticket for billing but not technical support

Is this beyond the help of this forum?

Thank you!

• Level 5

Tech support is covered for all subscriptions. The only subscription with still a little more support is Teams, which is a multiuser account for companies.

When you reach them using the guest access you can ask for help to sort out your access problem with the regular account access.

And if you're having the issue on mobile, too, that's different from my experience.  I'm sorry the mobile work-around doesn't work for you.  You might also try searching the forum for a any one of posts by Federico, the Evernote product manager at Bending Spoons, and sending him a DM about the issue.  

Vinnie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Level 5

Anybody can use the help page after logging in to see the ticket status, and for a limited set of interactions.

Beside this we all agree that the current support reaction time is beyond acceptable limits, and this since quite some time.

• 2 weeks later...

I am astounded at the blatant lack of support and response.  I have suddenly and for no apparent reason lost access to my paid subscription that I've had for years! I use this service daily as an integral part of my job. I have submitted the appropriate documentation of my receipts and paid subscription. I'm so incredibly frustrated. I've even attempted to cancel and resubscribe, but if I do that, the subscription price has more than doubled. This is very clearly a glitch on their end. I'm looking for another product to use. 

My open ticket lasted 3 months, and every time I got a reply the response was something like this: "Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience blah blah blah. Please reinstall the latest version of evernote and wait another month for us to respond 😂"... .. A month later they respond with similar nonsense

I really miss the support of the old evernote administration where they did treat their clients with respect

• Like 1

I opened a ticket 2 weeks ago - got that automated standard response today. It takes two freaking weeks to get a response from a robot! 💩👎

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Level 5*

They must be assigning priority based on the problem.  Last week I created a ticket for a scannable problem, and I shockingly received a response the next day.  The problem was solved by an in process backend change the same day so that likely factored into the rapid response.

interestingly, I never received the usual automated response so I wasn’t even sure it was logged in.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

They must be assigning priority based on the problem.  Last week I created a ticket for a scannable problem, and I shockingly received a response the next day.  The problem was solved by an in process backend change the same day so that likely factored into the rapid response.

interestingly, I never received the usual automated response so I wasn’t even sure it was logged in.

They replaced the entire support team as far as I can tell. Certain issues get priority over others.

• Like 1
On 1/24/2024 at 1:14 PM, PinkElephant said:

Anybody can use the help page after logging in to see the ticket status, and for a limited set of interactions.

Beside this we all agree that the current support reaction time is beyond acceptable limits, and this since quite some time.

@PinkElephantI have tried and tried to do this. Every time I log in, it takes me to my account online. Then bottom left corner, "Need help" which takes me to a login screen, and then I log in to my account, and around we go. I would love to be able to see this screen with my open tickets. Is there a screenshot or URL with any directions on what this looks like? 

• Level 5

From my iPhone, in the browser:

Open help.evernote.com tap on the hamburger menu:

image.thumb.png.a1733c1c704c4e61929506913f7eb23b.png

Log in. Maybe you need to open the help.evernote.com a second time. When logged in you see this:

image.thumb.png.b8e1acb50134dd01564ab1c3d3bbfb8f.png

Hope this helps.

In my experience, the service that Evernote offers at this time is the worst I know of.

It is understandable that it takes days or even weeks to respond due to the volume of tickets.

But in my case it is not the first time that they answer my tickets with things that have nothing to do with it, other times they do not even read the entire contents of the ticket.

It's a disaster, as if evernote's support people were workers with no knowledge of the product.

I really miss the old evernote support

• Like 2
  • Sad 2