Scansnap home no longer works with Evernote as of Oct.27,2023 Do not upgrade software to 2.20

After buying a scansnap ix 1600 and setting it up yesterday, today (Oct. 27, 2023) it would no longer scan to evernote (although you could still select evernote in the software). I was informed by technical support for the scanner that they no longer support evernote and there is no way to download the previous version of Scansnap home wich does support the software. After using this combination for over 10 years, for them to sneak this in the backdoor like this is utterly bone-headed. Buyer beware, look for other scanners and return the one you have if you can.

• Evernote Expert

As @mackid1993said, scan to a folder. Actually what I do is scan to my PC download folder. Make any tweaks such as changing the file name. Then I drag and drop onto a shortcut that I have in the downloads folder which points to an Import Folder. This actually works better for me than scanning directly into Evernote.

The ScanSnap software changes were actually announced several months ago. I think I posted a notice in the forums at the time.

Well, just got a call back from scansnap with heartfelt apologies that I had been misinformed by support. Apparently a manager saw my post/heard a taped transcript of my call and had their top Evernote expert call me. We got evernote up and running on both the Mac and Windows 10 in about 10 minutes and I was told they are planning on supporting evernote in the future. Whether this was a false alarm or a sudden change in policy, you be the judge, but for now it is working fine. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 10/27/2023 at 3:12 PM, sedgington said:

Well, just got a call back from scansnap with heartfelt apologies that I had been misinformed by support. Apparently a manager saw my post/heard a taped transcript of my call and had their top Evernote expert call me. We got evernote up and running on both the Mac and Windows 10 in about 10 minutes and I was told they are planning on supporting evernote in the future. Whether this was a false alarm or a sudden change in policy, you be the judge, but for now it is working fine. Fingers crossed!

Thanks so much for your post.  I can't get my Scansnap ix1500 to Scan to Evernote, so will give Scansnap a call tomorrow.

• Level 5

Scan to folder, rename the scan (the name will become the note title), save the renamed file into an Import folder.

EN when open will grab the file from there and create a new note, attaching the file to it.

• 5 weeks later...

Does anyone know what the answer is to this, without having to call ScanSnap? I just did an upgrade on ScanSnap home the other day and should have known better. Seriously, every time they do an update they take away functionality and now I cannot scan directly to Evernote. I get a login screen ad when you try to login, it says "Client not supported, please upgrade."??? So frustrating. I only bought a Fuji scanner because it worked with Evernote. 

I both an IX1600 last December, and scanning directly from the Scanner to Evernote works fine, I don't use the APP to Scan.

I enabled SnapScan Cloud for that. I got it even for the fact that I don't have to use a Software to scan stuff.

18 hours ago, Bastian K said:

I both an IX1600 last December, and scanning directly from the Scanner to Evernote works fine, I don't use the APP to Scan.

I enabled SnapScan Cloud for that. I got it even for the fact that I don't have to use a Software to scan stuff.

How is ScanSnap Cloud different from their software? is it a paid platform? 

On 2/7/2024 at 3:50 AM, gazumped said:

Please read the thread above your post.

I am not interested in creating a system having to manage folders and manual imports. I want to scan directly to Evernote and several posters said they've somehow figured out how to do that. That is what i am interested in as I've done a lot of searching and not found any info. My scan direct to Evernote was working fine until a couple days ago when I did an update. 

And with the Snap Cloud, you can do that (It's what I basically do).

The Scanner works Standalone and directly scans to my Evernote Inbox.

The Cloud is free but needs to be connected once in the app and the Evernote Connection needs to be Setup there,
but after that, no need for my Mac anymore. Just the Wi-Fi has to be connected.

Just tested again a Minute ago (Of course withour running APP on Mac)

IMG_7907.jpeg

Bildschirmfoto 2024-02-08 um 12.56.36.png

Bildschirmfoto 2024-02-08 um 12.58.37.png

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, BuzyBonnie said:

I am not interested in creating a system having to manage folders and manual imports. I want to scan directly to Evernote and several posters said they've somehow figured out how to do that. That is what i am interested in as I've done a lot of searching and not found any info. My scan direct to Evernote was working fine until a couple days ago when I did an update. 

I use Adobe Scan on my Phone and can share files in either PDF or JPG Directly to Evernote including Selecting the Notebook or any Tags I choose.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, bmcl26 said:

I use Adobe Scan on my Phone and can share files in either PDF or JPG Directly to Evernote including Selecting the Notebook or any Tags I choose.

I will have to look into this as I an an Adobe creative Cloud user as well. So looks like I may have options. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Bastian K said:

And with the Snap Cloud, you can do that (It's what I basically do).

The Scanner works Standalone and directly scans to my Evernote Inbox.

The Cloud is free but needs to be connected once in the app and the Evernote Connection needs to be Setup there,
but after that, no need for my Mac anymore. Just the Wi-Fi has to be connected.

Just tested again a Minute ago (Of course withour running APP on Mac)

IMG_7907.jpeg

Bildschirmfoto 2024-02-08 um 12.56.36.png

Bildschirmfoto 2024-02-08 um 12.58.37.png

• Level 5

AFAIK the cloud access will not OCR the scan. OCR is a local function.

You can rely on EN to make the pdf searchable. But once you leave EN (either because you export the pdf, or because you switch apps), the search index for the pdf is lost.

That's the main reason why I think saving it local, having it OCRed while it does and then send it into EN via Import Folder is the better approach. It reduces the rework in EN as well: The file name is used as note title. Scan originally often have weird file names (what the scanner thought would fit). By correcting them while saving into the Import Folder, I get proper note titles, and don't need to touch the imports any more.

• Like 1

Hi,

OCR is working when scanning via the cloud and he tries to guess the Notes Title. 

Attached my Test from yesterday, first in Evernote where I can select the text then second after Downloading to Files.

IMG_7908.png

IMG_7909.png