Web Clipper doesn't work since latest Evernote update

Go to solution Solved by BEHA,

Hello, 

since the last Evernote update, the web clipper no longer works:  Regardless of whether you want to share a website with the Firefox or Chrome browser to Evernote or a JPG from the device gallery, the clipping popup does not appear and nothing is clipped. 

What I have tried:

I logged out of the app, cleared cache & data, tried again, the error remained.  Then uninstalled and reinstalled the app, clipping still doesn't work

(Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra, Android 13, latest Evernote app, personal plan)

Has anyone of you this problem, too?

Is there a reputable source to download old Evernote Android versions?

• Level 5

There is now Web Clipper on mobile. Web Clipper is a browser extension, independent from the app that uses the API.

The mobile client uses the sharing function of the OS, and needs the installed client to work.

Contact support, form the device where you have the problems. The support option is in the app settings.

Maybe my English is not that good, and yes: I mean the usual way of "sharing" content on ANDROID to the Evernote app: no clipping popup appears as it usually does!

Sharing to Evernote does not work with Firefox, with Chrome and does not work to share a simple JPG of the device gallery to Evernote.

Sharing in general is working, but not sharing to the Evernote app.

4 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Can’t tell for Android.

Here is the ANDROID forum!!!

And your answer has nothing to do with it! So don't tell me what on your iOS is working, that doesn't matter for ANDROID!

• Evernote Expert

You didn't say which version of the Android app you have. I hear that 10.57.1 had just been released. I have 10.57 and the sharing stuff works for me. I don't anticipate any difference with 10.57.1

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? It is not unknown for problems after a version update.

Just now, agsteele said:

You didn't say which version of the Android app you have. I hear that 10.57.1 had just been released. I have 10.57 and the sharing stuff works for me. I don't anticipate any difference with 10.57.1

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? It is not unknown for problems after a version update.

Seriously? I posted all this in my initial post!

• Evernote Expert
5 minutes ago, BEHA said:

seriously? I posted all this in my initial post

Yes, seriously. You just said "latest Evernote". That could very likely be different for you to me. The actual version number makes it much easier to assist.

But I'm not excited about getting hot under the collar. Your experience is not mine with v10.57 which is my latest version.

1 minute ago, agsteele said:

Yes, seriously. You just said "latest Evernote". That could very likely be different for you to me. The actual version number makes it much easier to assist.

But I'm not excited about getting hot under the collar. Your experience is not mine with v10.57 which is my latest version.

When I say latest then I mean latest:

latest version you can get TODAY from Google Playstore: 10.57.1

And I told in my initial post: Android 13 and reinstall yes!

• Evernote Expert

Thank you. I don't have 10.57.1 available today. Your clarification is helpful.

So I can't give you useful input now knowing you're on a different version. 

I'll leave you to your frustrations and hope you'll have success. Meanwhile, I'll still suggest uninstall/reinstall as a potential resolution.

15 minutes ago, agsteele said:

Thank you. I don't have 10.57.1 available today. Your clarification is helpful.

So I can't give you useful input now knowing you're on a different version. 

I'll leave you to your frustrations and hope you'll have success. Meanwhile, I'll still suggest uninstall/reinstall as a potential resolution.

As I said know for several times, see my initial post: I do have un- and reinstalled Evernote.

So probably you should wait updating your Evernote Android App to 10.57.1, because since this version clipping aka sharing content to Evernote does not work anymore. With 10.57 it had worked for me!

• Like 1
17 hours ago, BEHA said:

Maybe my English is not that good, and yes: I mean the usual way of "sharing" content on ANDROID to the Evernote app: no clipping popup appears as it usually does!

Sharing to Evernote does not work with Firefox, with Chrome and does not work to share a simple JPG of the device gallery to Evernote.

Sharing in general is working, but not sharing to the Evernote app.

I'm having that problem, too, on both of my Android devices: Sharing to Evernote does not work in the latest Android update. 

• Like 2

Sometimes I feel really taken aback by support: today they wrote:

"some errors can be fixed by restarting the computer, with Windows you do this... with MacOS you do this...". 

Not a word to Android, once again only answered with text blocks and didn't read what I wrote and what I did (as already described above) to fix the problem.

What the heck is the support for?👎🏻

(Yes, I wrote this back)

6 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

If you asked for Web Clipper, the answer is no surprise. They answered the question you asked.

NO, THEY HAVEN'T 🤦🏻‍♀️

Your answer, I'm sorry to say, is as always completely wrong: you haven't read anything either. 

Their answer, which you don't know by the way, said that I should restart a computer.  But my problem is about Android and I had already taken steps that went far beyond what they wrote.

Do me a favor and don't answer to my posts, your answers haven't been helpful in any way in past and present.

• Solution
13 hours ago, Coffee First Thing said:

I'm having that problem, too, on both of my Android devices: Sharing to Evernote does not work in the latest Android update. 

Currently at this moment an Evernote update is available in Google PlayStore: v10.57.2

I tested it and now clipping (aka sharing content 🙄) to Evernote is working again. So the problem was V10.57.1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I do not update until I know it is "SAFE".   Reading the Forum is quite helpful.                                                  This inability to share to EN is a continuing issue.   A really Huge one. 

So, I thank you for your info @BEHA, as I will stay on 10.55 until I can update to 10.57.2.  

2 minutes ago, Mia said:

I do not update until I know it is "SAFE".   Reading the Forum is quite helpful.                                                  This inability to share to EN is a continuing issue.   A really Huge one. 

So, I thank you for your info @BEHA, as I will stay on 10.55 until I can update to 10.57.2.  

Yes, I understand you, but you can safely update to v10.57.2, the clipping aka sharing content to the Android Evernote app is with this version working again.

Currently I see no other issues except of the super slow syncing, but this is since months 🙄

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Just checked Google Play and found v. 10.57.2 there (I never saw 10.57.1, thank goodness). I updated and noticed that opening a note was quite snappy, even one I hadn't opened for a long time. I shared a page from my browser, a news source page with lots of headlines, links, and pics, and it also seemed to work very quickly, and the note appeared in the app right away too. All in all, looking better.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Fatima Ansari said:

If Evernote's Web Clipper is not working after a recent update:

1. Clear your browser's cache and cookies.
  2. Disable and re-enable the Web Clipper extension.
  3. Ensure you have the latest Web Clipper version.
  4. Update your Evernote application.
  5. Check for extension conflicts by disabling other browser extensions.
  6. Verify your browser's privacy and security settings.
  7. Reauthorize Evernote in the extension.
  8. If the issue persists, report it to Evernote support.

Thank You

We are here on Android, and there is NO WEB CLIPPER EXTENSION 🙄

Besides that, the problem is already solved, it was an issue with V10 57.1!

• Like 1
  • Level 5
19 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Just checked Google Play and found v. 10.57.2 there (I never saw 10.57.1, thank goodness). I updated and noticed that opening a note was quite snappy, even one I hadn't opened for a long time. I shared a page from my browser, a news source page with lots of headlines, links, and pics, and it also seemed to work very quickly, and the note appeared in the app right away too. All in all, looking better.

I qualify this by saying that there is a MAJOR problem in this version with adding sketches as attachments. Tap the blue +, and then if you tap Sketch the app completely freezes and cannot be used without restarting the phone. Evidently iPhone users may not be able to add any attachments at all without having this freeze. If you use sketching, avoid v. 10.57 altogether!

31 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I qualify this by saying that there is a MAJOR problem in this version with adding sketches as attachments. Tap the blue +, and then if you tap Sketch the app completely freezes and cannot be used without restarting the phone. Evidently iPhone users may not be able to add any attachments at all without having this freeze. If you use sketching, avoid v. 10.57 altogether!

What has the support answered to your ticket concerning this? And by the way, you are here in the Android forum.

• Level 5
On 10/28/2023 at 2:13 PM, BEHA said:

What has the support answered to your ticket concerning this? And by the way, you are here in the Android forum.

I haven't raised a support ticket on this. And yes, I know where I am I was referring to the Android update, but simply noting that iPhones may have it even worse.

• Level 5
1 hour ago, Mia said:

So, the 10.57.2 is generally working well, (Android) minus Sketching ~ particularly on Samsung Devices ? 

Yes, for me (Samsung S22 Ultra). But not only does sketching not work, even attempting to select the Sketch icon freezes the app to such an extent that I have to restart the phone.

• Like 1