I doubt this will get through their 'moderator' - Is Evernote now just stealing?

I've had an account for since 2014 but rarely have maintained the habit of using it.

Lasty month I was billed 179 Cdn for a subscription that, a) I never asked for and, b) doesn't even show my account of having. There's no way to contact them as all links seem to lead to creating a new account. There's no way I've found to speak with them to understand what I've been billed such an amount for and how i can at least try/use what I didn't even approve purchasing. Have they got to a point where they are just stealing money from anyone they have CC information for (which I can't seen to find and remove anywhere!!).

Are others experiencing the same?

• Level 5*

Hi.  You got charged a subscription for a service that you did not - apparently - unsubscribe from.  Seems a little harsh to accuse Evernote of theft.  As a subscriber you have access to email support here - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new.  You can ask them for a refund.

(We're mainly other users in the forums here...)

• Level 5

This is a completely contradictory post. You are with EN since 2014 (check), you gave them your CC information (check, but why did you enter it if you haven‘t been on a subscription ?), you received an email 4 weeks in advance your subscription will renew (you don’t mention it, but it was most likely send. Is the email address your account is registered to still in use ? Have you checked the Spam folder ?), and you are now surprised they booked it from your account ?!

Your next best step is indeed to contact support. Maybe they can fill in the missing parts of your story for you.

• Level 5
On 10/6/2023 at 3:11 PM, Richard Mundell said:

There's no way to contact them as all links seem to lead to creating a new account.

https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action. If you have an account (as you obviously do, since you've been billed) you'll need to log in to it. If you don't remember the login information, there is a support option for that from the above link, I believe. If you had a free account and you are suddenly being billed for a different account, then indeed somebody has been stealing from you, but it's not Evernote. It might be good to check that credit card for any other unauthorized transactions.

• Like 1