Extra filter "Reminder" for Home Screen widget "Filtered Notes"

Donald Pudney

Idea

18 replies to this idea

12 minutes ago, Donald Pudney said:

Any further thoughts on this request?

The "keywords" field accepts advanced search syntax so you can write your own reminders filter.

image.png.9de5f6c81fdf10686c30323a3969e0d2.png

Alternatively you can write it as a saved search and then use the saved search in the widget, using the "apply saved search" option.

• Thanks 1
  • Evernote Expert
30 minutes ago, Donald Pudney said:

Any further thoughts on this request?

I think that the suggestion isn't bad. However, even if it has been taken on board, I'd imagine it would be more than a year before it appeared. Also, Evernote had always been very cautious about announcing even minor changes until shortly before their arrival. 

If it comes, the first you'll know is that it has appeared.

So here is a bit more detail. This is a filter for today's reminders:

image.png.ff6f83060a6537689e105bd6c4b7401f.png

The format is  from the first date upto, but not including, the second date.

The date can be expressed in number of days (and probably  weeks, months or years but not tested) from the current or alternatively as actual dates. Obviously actual dates are unlikely to be useful in a saved search. Here are some more examples

reminderTime:day -reminderTime:day+7  🢀 reminders in the next week

reminderTime:day+7 -reminderTime:day+14 🢀 Reminders for the 7 days starting in 7 days time 

reminderTime:20231130 -reminderTime20231207 🢀 reminders from 30 Nov to 7 Dec

See https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php for full details of the search grammar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've realised there is a slight flaw in my post above. It will also bring up reminders within the date range that have been completed which is probably not what you want. However all you need to do is add:

-reminderDoneTime:*

to the search string

• Thanks 1

Hey everyone, I'm trying to use this search filter and I'm getting mixed results. 

I am getting the filter to show the due reminders but the results show over 1,100 notes in that filter, when in reality there are only 5 reminders that should be in that filter. 

Any ideas?

-reminderTime:day+2

Which I believe should show me the next 2 days of reminders.

Should I just ignore this link in the far end of the search? Maybe it just always shows this at the end of the list of due items or a filtered list?

SmartSelect_20231205_065915_Evernote.jpg

1 hour ago, KCour2006 said:

How do I show past and today reminders?

How far in the past? This will find all the reminders in the last 7 years upto today.

reminderTime:year-7 -reminderTime:day+1

If you don't want completed reminders then

reminderTime:year-7 -reminderTime:day+1 -reminderDoneTime:*

Yes. 

-reminderTime:day+1

Using the (-)  minus symbol gives me every note. 

Using the string without the minus I get 61 items but still have items for 12/15 and beyond. 

This is the same outcome on desktop and android. 

38 minutes ago, KCour2006 said:

Yes. 

-reminderTime:day+1

Using the (-)  minus symbol gives me every note. 

Using the string without the minus I get 61 items but still have items for 12/15 and beyond. 

You need to include the whole string not just bits of it. I think what you are asking for is everything that doesn't have a reminder time before tomorrow. That obviously includes Jan 2024 and beyond.

The wording of the explanation of the syntax takes some time to get your head around. I suggest you use some of the examples above and in the search syntax documentation. Then edit them to see what happens. As I said above the easiest way to think about it is as a from date and a to date. See

On 11/30/2023 at 10:00 AM, Mike P said:

The format is  from the first date upto, but not including, the second date.

The date can be expressed in number of days (and probably  weeks, months or years but not tested) from the current or alternatively as actual dates. Obviously actual dates are unlikely to be useful in a saved search. Here are some more examples

reminderTime:day -reminderTime:day+7  🢀 reminders in the next week

reminderTime:day+7 -reminderTime:day+14 🢀 Reminders for the 7 days starting in 7 days time 

reminderTime:20231130 -reminderTime20231207 🢀 reminders from 30 Nov to 7 Dec

See https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php for full details of the search grammar.