LEGACY VERSIONS DISAPPEARING - THANKS FOR KILLING USERS TO THE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR BUSINESS

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE OLDER VERSIONS. THIS IS WHERE I LAND ONCE I'M REDIRECTED TO THE OLD LEGACY.

THE NEW VERSIONS ARE ALL UNUSABLE. EVERNOTE BECAME UNUSABLE. IT ALL ABOUT TRYING TO SUPPORT THE BUSINES

OF INTEGRATIONS WITH NO REGARD OF NOTES. THERE ARE NO NOTES ANYMORE.

oppps.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

shows up for me as well....was shocked to see the red banner this morning on Legacy....the new version of Evernote has nothing on the Legacy version.

Ctrl ; (Insert Date) I use all the time in Legacy, after all these years the feature remains not available on the modern Evernote which sadly has been one of the largest reasons I've held out for so long on the old version.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, WAI75 said:

Ctrl ; (Insert Date) I use all the time in Legacy, after all these years the feature remains not available on the modern Evernote which sadly has been one of the largest reasons I've held out for so long on the old version.  

Version 10 also has a keyboard shortcuts for a date stamp and one for a time stamp. 

• Evernote for Mac: Date Stamp (Shift + Command + D) or Time Stamp (Option + Shift + Command + D)
  • Evernote for Windows: Date Stamp (Shift + Alt + D) or Time Stamp (Ctrl + Shift + D)
  • Like 1
  • Level 5

What we observe is that many legacy users are not aware about the range of functions that have been added to the new clients in the passing 3 years. There are groundbreaking novelties, that have no predecessor in legacy, but there are many smaller „comfort & coziness“ functions added as well. It’s quite complete already as it is.

There may be some remote things on a wish list (anybody needs to know himself if a shortcut for long and one for the short date are really essential). But sometimes I have the impression any - even the most farfetched - argument will be used for not making the move. This is not sustainable, and as with all discussions that may vary in length, but not in the outcome this one is not getting better over time.

• Like 4
  • Level 5

In all honesty, I've just had a long discussion with my wife about why we really to need to replace our 20-year-old Toyota Prius before its hybrid battery realizes it's already lived twice as long as it's supposed to. Much the same experience, but at least she responded with good humor about how she feels about change. We're on our way to a dealer.

On 10/4/2023 at 1:25 PM, PinkElephant said:

What we observe is that many legacy users are not aware about the range of functions that have been added to the new clients in the passing 3 years.

One thing I can't find in v10 is a setting to automatically take the first line of text and use it for the note title. I hope it's there and I just missed it. Is it?

36 minutes ago, RadioPhil said:

One thing I can't find in v10 is a setting to automatically take the first line of text and use it for the note title. I hope it's there and I just missed it. Is it?

No setting for it and it's not automatic AFAIK, but if you tap or click in the Note Title area then it will copy up to the first 255 characters of the first line of the note into the note title.

On 10/4/2023 at 2:44 PM, WAI75 said:

shows up for me as well....was shocked to see the red banner this morning on Legacy....the new version of Evernote has nothing on the Legacy version.

Look intop this for custom keyboard shortcuts and hotstrings https://www.autohotkey.com/. Talk to chat GPT to generate the code etc. Be ware chatgpt is not trained on Auto hot key 2.

• Level 5
9 hours ago, Fredda123 said:
On 10/4/2023 at 8:44 AM, WAI75 said:

Look intop this for custom keyboard shortcuts and hotstrings https://www.autohotkey.com/. Talk to chat GPT to generate the code etc. Be ware chatgpt is not trained on Auto hot key 2.

This complaint has been false for a couple of years, and was responded to several days go in this thread: Shift+Alt+D = date; Shift+Ctrl+D = time. No need for an external solution. An example of people who stick to Legacy because v. 10 lacked something the last time they looked, which was years ago. Keyboard shortcuts in Evernote for Windows – Evernote Help & Learning.

• Like 1