Evernote-latest.exe ?

• Level 5
1 hour ago, agsteele said:

Windows tells me that it is 10.61.10.51433 (Windows file properties/details)

Same here. Which is the same version as the one I downloaded a week ago named Evernote-10.61.10-win-ddl-stage-20230912133353-5e0d2e66bd348caa56c6b073748499d2f3a5324a-setup.exe.

Another bit of transparency-resistant mystification, a naming convention transformed from too much information to too little. The Goldilocks/Baby Bear/just-right format was the one I downloaded in early August: evernote-10-58-8.exe.

What this will inhibit is downloading installers and saving them for later use if needed. It will be necessary to rename them to the actual version number. Assuming this practice persists ... which is another mystery.

• Like 1

oh - this is too funny. Sometimes people will write in the forums "I am on the latest version of Evernote" -- and not give the version number and come to find out that they, of course, aren't really on the latest version. But now... every version can be the "latest version"! Yeah! (/joking)

• Haha 4

I'm not going to make a song and dance about it but just emptied evernote and moved to Apple notes which despite shortcomings suits MY requirements.

My renewal is due November, I am not paying to be a beta tester for broken software, the spoon Benders appear to be ignoring paying customers and are obviously out of their depth-I have lost all faith and trust in EN.

The Elephant is now a mammoth and is hurtling towards extinction.

Good luck to everyone.

Word of Caution

Generating an ENEX file with latest version results in an import file not containing pdfs included within the various notes. Only file names.An absolute nightmare.

Also tried importing enex into Joplin same result

Bear imports associated PDFS so.....EN toENEX ......enex to Bear......export from bear to RTF with Attachments.......import to apple notes

6 hours ago, RobertJLee said:

Word of Caution

Generating an ENEX file with latest version results in an import file not containing pdfs included within the various notes. Only file names.An absolute nightmare.

Also tried importing enex into Joplin same result

Bear imports associated PDFS so.....EN toENEX ......enex to Bear......export from bear to RTF with Attachments.......import to apple notes

I have written my own Enex to HTML converter and see no problems with pdf or any other attachment  (so far).

2 hours ago, eric99 said:

I have written my own Enex to HTML converter and see no problems with pdf or any other attachment  (so far).

I exported all my notes now with the latest EN and I can convert all of them with my own enex to HTML converter without any problem.

So the import problem could be caused by the import software. On Github I've seen several crappy enex converters that use regular expressions instead of normal XML parsers to process the enex file. This makes the converter very fragile and sensitive to insignificant differences in the enex file that are otherwise ignored by XML parsers. I also noticed that these implementations are forked into several projects, so more importers can be affected by the same bug.