Can't Sync

Go to solution Solved by agsteele,

I don't want to upgrade.  I want to retain the choice of when to sync.  Now I can't sync at all.

I've restarted, etc.  It won't sync.  Never had this problem before.

Version: 6.25.1.9091 (309091) Public (CE Build ce-62.6.10954)

• Like 2
  • Level 5

The new client syncs immediately. For me this is the most natural way of syncing - like iCloud does, like G Drive does, just to name a few.

If you have a problem with the legacy client, you are more or less on your own. This situation is your own decision, nobody else to blame. You can change it in an instant by updating to v10.

• Like 3
  • Level 5

I also still run v. 6.25 occasionally, and this week for a couple of days it simply refused to sync on demand, even though Internet connections were just fine. A couple of times, though, it evidently synced in the background. I restarted my computer yesterday, and since then it has been syncing properly. If you get it going again, be sure to check the Conflicting Changes notebook.

• Evernote Expert
  • Solution
14 hours ago, spinweb said:

It's the LAST version before current.  They drop support for that

instantly?!

Actually 60 versions since 6.25 was replaced. For most of that time 6.25 continued to work with the warning that no future fixes would be available. Shortly all versions before 10.40 will also be deprecated and unsupported.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Oh, I came to the station on time (well, maybe a small minute late). Why is now the station moving away from the train waiting for me … ?

The update path is clear. However for those diehard not-updaters: EN v10 requires Windows 10 and MacOS 10.15 as minimum system requirement.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
2 hours ago, spinweb said:

I would be more inclined to upgrade if the control over when to sync was not removed.  Can't it be an option?

As I understand it, the whole structure of the current sync process is such that sync is constant. That can't be optional. There's no way (and should be no need) to speed it up. It can be stopped, for instance if you're working on something collaboratively and want to get your thoughts organized without sharing a rough draft, by going offline, which is kind of brute force.