Evernote Personal vs. Evernote Organizer

I already have been a User of Evernote Personal (EUR 89,99 p.a.) and signed up in error "Evernote - Notes Organizer" (EUR 99,99). How can  get rid of the "Organizer" and have my money back.

And what is the added value of the organizer compared with "Personal"

By the way: The upgrade policy of Evernote seems not to be fair and transparent. I just wanted to prolong my "Personal" and ended up with to products. 

Thanks for an helpful answer or comment

Additional remark: Even I hav already "Evernote Personal" Evernote asks for an upgrade to "Profesional" Obviously a complete mass ... very unsatisfied with Evernote☺️

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you have subscription issues,  you'll need to contact Support.  I'm sure they will be able to resolve the problem, but it may take a little while at present - I believe they're extremely busy after recent outages.  These Forums are mainly user 2 user but subscribers can raise support queries here - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new and all users here - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps - feedback options are available too feedback@evernote.com.   

• Level 5

This is the list from the in app purchases in the Apple AppStore. There is no „organizer“ subscription plan to which you could sign up, and there is nothing misleading here. You can even renew the grandfathered plans.

IMG_8982.thumb.jpeg.55ef5eea28ef73cc11f67e34fb9b25e5.jpeg

They just changed the name of the app itself a little. But this has nothing to do with a subscription level. Or as my teacher used to say: Read, think, and only then speak (or sign a subscription).

IMG_8983.thumb.jpeg.b19d435ce351505f99ebf1d3c29044cd.jpeg

I doubt there is anything to refund. In all cases if you signed through a Store, and want to correct your own action, you need to go through the store mechanism. EN support can’t do anything about Store subscriptions. They can only handle directly held subscriptions.

Since you don’t tell which Store you used, we can’t help you how to get at a roll back in the different stores. The only advise is that you have between 14 and 30 days to take action.

It seems odd that Evernote takes no responsibility for what is being done by the Apple App Store in its name. The tone of the replies above by Pink Elephant and agsteele is very dismissive, quite boorish, actually.

I encountered the same problem, actually: paying for a Personal subscription via one of the many confusing Evernote emails asking me to upgrade, while paying the App Store for an "Evernote Personal - Annual" subscription to the their "Evernote Notes Organizer". Like one of Pink Elephant's idiot students, I never spotted I was paying twice, the apps and web version sync'd nicely, and all was good.

Since I use the IOS app more, I cancelled the Evernote Personal subscription, but now my app has also reverted to the free plan. I don't want a refund from the App Store, I want my app to work in the way I paid for.  Needless to say, now that I've cancelled the Evernote Personal subscription on my laptop, I can't even send emails to Evernote support.

Maybe I should become mean and cynical like Pink Elephant and agsteele, but it seems such a shame, don't you think: going through life getting ripped off and becoming meaner as a consequence? Well, at least now I'm wiser about Evernote. It seems they really need the money.

• Level 5*
On 8/25/2023 at 2:50 PM, omnilingual said:

Well, at least now I'm wiser about Evernote.

Clearly you are not. If you paid Apple,  you get your money back from them.  If you paid Evernote directly,  you get your money back there.  They are two separate companies and two separate accounting centres.  This is a mainly user-supported forum and we have no interest or control over anything except needlessly abusive posts which can be deleted.  If you have a coherent technical question we can try to help.  Otherwise try https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?guest=true

On 8/25/2023 at 7:50 AM, omnilingual said:

Needless to say, now that I've cancelled the Evernote Personal subscription on my laptop, I can't even send emails to Evernote support.

This is also not accurate...

• Like 1
  • Level 5

@omnilingual It is nonsense to ask EN to control what Apple does when selling stuff through the AppStore. In the AppStore only (!) Apple rules apply - the dev receives the payment, minus the Apple commission, and that’s it.

Asking EN to control Apple is like asking an ant sitting on the throat of an Elephant to strangulate him. If the ant says „I can’t“, you are the person who shouts „But you must - press harder“.

If you paid through the AppStore, that’s the only place where you can ask for whatever you want. About refunding there is a very clear policy by Apple, with a process that you simply follow to get a refund. If the process detects you are not eligible, that’s it. No developer has any say in this, and can’t take a claim about it.

To resolve the accidental purchase of "Evernote - Notes Organizer" and seek a refund, reach out to Evernote's customer support with your purchase details. The "Organizer" likely offers advanced organizational features, potentially catering to users with more intricate needs than the "Personal" version. Assess if these extra features align with your requirements. It's unfortunate that the upgrade process led to confusion; feedback could help Evernote enhance user experience. The prompt for a "Professional" upgrade might be due to your existing plan. Communicating concerns directly to Evernote could lead to resolution and a clearer understanding of available options.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, holess said:

Communicating concerns directly to Evernote could lead to resolution and a clearer understanding of available options.

AI written much?  "Organizer" is just the marketing term for the standard product and does not offer 'advanced features'.  AI's are known to make stuff up.  If you don't personally know the answer please don't post nonsense here.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

As explained above the app with „Organizer“ in its name is just a rebranding of the app that was only called „Evernote“ in the past.

No client software decides about which features are available to whom. Feature access is entirely controlled on the server.