I am using the latest Androud Samsung phone (Samsung A22)Screenshot_20230629_141622_Gallery.thumb.jpg.25eccda78b7f37132f0f7fb4eba3d0d9.jpg. Whenever I try to share any file, or photo or video with Evernote, message is displayed "Files permission required". I am attaching a screenshot of it.

• Thanks 1

But earlier I was using the same mobile and there was no problem in sharing files and photos. But because of some technical issue I had to format my mobile and so all the data was deleted. Now when I have reinstalled the app this issue is coming. This problem was not there when I was using Evernote in my earlier mobiles also.

• Level 5

It's reported by others, so there is a common root cause. Bugs can come up fresh, sometimes by changes in the app, sometimes by something in the environment, like OS updates. No matter, you want it to be fixed, which is perfectly OK.

The forum is user2user. Some things we can solve, but I haven't seen a workaround yet for this issue. So it will likely need a new release of the app to solve it.

Meanwhile you can use another client for operations that the Android client will not allow.

• Evernote Expert

I did get an Android update yesterday - now 10.51.2 However, I never experienced the File Permissions issue so I've no idea if it provides a resolution.  I have to say that almost all the reports of this have been with Samsung devices. I can't say if it is OS version specific or just reported more by Samsung users because Samsung has the largest Android market share... ;)

Very well known issue (my current, and only, frustration), escalated again just yesterday by several Experts to guarantee some enhanced air time with the top brass. I haven't had an update since and wasn't able to attend today's expert's get-together where I assume there was an update.

And, for the record @agsteele.....mine is a Pixel.....

I had Evernote app installed on another Samsung mobile too. There the files and photos were being getting shared into Evernote properly. But I just updated Evernote and the same problem arose of"Filess permission required". So this seems to be a problem of the latest update of Evernote. On which mobile brands does this problem not arise. If this problem does not arise in Redmi or Xiomi, I will use that device.

3 hours ago, janndk said:

I'm experiencing Evernote problems both on my Samsung android mobile and Lenovo android tablet.

Janndk.

I am planning to take a Lenova tab. Are there major issues in Evernote on Lenova tab?

• Evernote Expert
14 minutes ago, Ahmed S said:

Janndk.

I am planning to take a Lenova tab. Are there major issues in Evernote on Lenova tab?

@janndk will be likely to tell you of the poor experience he has had with the Android app. He will speak for himself.

Just to say that my own view is that the Evernote app for Android is unsuitable for tablets. It is designed for phones and makes very poor use of the screen space on a tablet. I have found it better to access via the web browser with the site in the browser desktop view.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Ahmed S said:

Janndk.

- Evernote generally very slow
- Evernote crashes if you try to add note shortcut to home screen
- sharing content to Evernote not working

27 minutes ago, agsteele said:

@janndk will be likely to tell you of the poor experience he has had with the Android app. He will speak for himself.

🫢
Actually it seems to have fewer bugs on my tablet than on my mobile. Still very buggy and slow though.

• Evernote Expert

@Ahmed S I have no experience of other makes of Android phone. There is no reason to expect that this brand will be any worse or better than any other. I suspect you will have to try and see.

@agsteele I read the article @HeBoIz has given on red screen. From that I can see that we can install older versions of Evernote from apk files from Google. But I installed the last version of Evernote before the current version and the "files permission requested" problem is still there. Can you kindly guide?

• Evernote Expert
7 hours ago, Ahmed S said:

Can you kindly guide?

I'm not sure what guidance you are seeking.

Personally, I think the soundest approach is to await future updates that will provide a resolution for the red screen issues. As mentioned in the threads, if you want to go back to an older version you should search for the version you want to try on one of the APK repositories that exist online. These are unsupported by Evernote. You have to side load the APK and be sure to disable automatic updates or you will soon be back with the current version.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/3/2023 at 5:02 PM, I.B.G. Fajar Manuaba said:

I have same problem Evernote need Files permission required using Samsung Galaxy S22 and Android 13.

Fazar I am using a Samsung A22 and this problem is there on this mobile. So what did you do to solve the problem?