New install of "new" EN after clinging to Legacy.  Having repeated issues with large attachments notably MS Excel spreadsheets ~13MB reporting as "Untitled Attachment", not responsive to attempted open/save/download.  Similar issues noted with some PDFs. Serious data loss if this is permanent.  I'm guessing it's not - some sort of re-encoding going on?  Can someone explain this to me? 

-  At least one of the botched spreadsheets magically resurrected itself a day after the botch.

-  The botch seems to occur upon first opening (with editing/re-save) of the attachments.

/tmm

• Level 5*

Hi.  I get "untitled" sometimes with new notes,  but given a little time that usually fixes itself.  I don't think it's so much of a 'botch' as a delay.  How are you geting these XLSX and PDF files into Evernote?  Import Folder / email / dragndrop / Attach ?  If you're concerned about possible file loss I'd suggest you keep the originals in an Archive folder for 24 hours and make sure they are available in the note.  If you find they are all present and correct,  you could drop the extra step.

Subject PDF:  drag/drop PDF to create-note.

Subject MSXLs:  imported within Legacy notes.  

One in particular bothers me:  a daily-log XL thing, updated several times a day.  I suspect the system "does something" to it upon resave, but not in time for next opening.  I mean - I need it in 20", it's stuck for a day and a half.

Where I have multiple MSXL sheets in a single note, I notice that those I have opened since update are now unresponsive "Untitled Attachments" yet correctly labelled with MSXL symbol.  Those that are mere archives are responsive, correctly named including filetype suffix, but bear no MSXL logo - just grey.  I think the act of opening/editing/resaving causes some sort of action @ Evernote that is taking forever or simply failing.

Wish I could read the activity logs, "Error" all over the place.  Wondering if there's a massive catch-up stack from RTE/autosave competition?

/tmm

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, Schooner said:

Wish I could read the activity logs,

There's some weirdness around opening notes - I have Backupery, Filterize and Postach.io which all provide services connected to my account,  and are now hiccuping over the RTE process of converting notes (allegedly) the first time they are opened.  I'd suggest you bounce your logs off Support and get them to look into it - but please let us know how you get on;  I'm going to chase my tickets on the other three issues!

• Like 1
On 6/16/2023 at 9:49 AM, RMorgan said:

There is a fix in 10.58.5 to address external editing of attachments.  Try updating and see if you still experience the problem.

Updated to 10.58.5 and still experiencing the "Untitled Attachment" glitch (on macOS, FWIW). Most recently I tried to merge two notes, one a web clip of an email, the other contained three small pdfs. The merged note had three useless files named "Untitled Attachment." I logged into the web portal and it reflected the same thing as what I saw on the desktop app.

• Level 5

This attachment loss on merging is a different issue than the one mentioned in the release notes. This happens in the merging process. Problematic seems to be HTML content, like web clips or emails formatted as HTML.

We have reported it to support, it’s pending.

• Thanks 1

Lately I have been having an issue with dropping a file into a note and the note stays empty.

image.png.fd2c6d7ce8769d7b882a8ac010cbacb2.png

I pasted this screenshot into the note at 8:24AM and the thumbnail shows what it is and the note is completely blank.

This is happening with the PDF files as well. I drop a PDF onto the notebook, it creates the new note but the PDF is not even shown in the note.

It is getting really annoying. This is happening on my local computer and the Remote Desktop so two different instances of Evernote, both running 10.50.10.

Not sure if this is related but did not want to create a new post about it...at least not yet. 

4 hours ago, TK0047 said:

It is getting really annoying. This is happening on my local computer and the Remote Desktop so two different instances of Evernote, both running 10.50.10.

Please update first to the latest release 10.58.5

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, eric99 said:

Please update first to the latest release 10.58.5

Thanks.

I kept doing the "check for updates" but I guess it did not get pushed to me therefore it kept saying it was up to date. Now did the force update, let's see if this will work.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, TK0047 said:

I kept doing the "check for updates" but I guess it did not get pushed to me therefore it kept saying it was up to date. Now did the force update, let's see if this will work.

If you direct download from the Evernote site, you will always get the latest and greatest.  Update rollouts within the app can take a while.

• Level 5

The update rollout to the app is staged - what means to prevent server overload (or whatever), only a fraction of users get the notification at any time. It’s similar with the „Stores“ - there the internal approval delays the release by typically some days.

The self initiated download will always grab the latest release.