10.58.5 Release Notes

General

• Updated End Users License Agreement

New

• Spreadsheet Preview setting under Preferences/Notes
  • Advanced Setting : Hardware Acceleration Disable under Preferences/Application (fixes blurry rendering)
  • Low hard drive space detection and warning dialog (precursor to database move functionality)
  • New printing functionality

Fixed

• Note duplication with attachments
  • Note counts
  • AI Cleanup fixes
  • Real Time Editing fixes
  • Sync/data-loss fixes with power state changes (sleep, hibernate, logout, etc.)

Coming Soon

• Change database storage location setting

New Printing Functionality Notes:

• previewing the result in real time
  • multiple notes print, that you can reorder (reodering is premium feature)
  • multiple page ranges
  • black and white mode
  • content scaling that fits content (premium feature)
  • print notebook (premium feature)
  • page numbers (premium feature)
  • fallback to the old way of printing in More Settings > Print using system dialog

Printing and exporting to pdf dosn't work when there is a table in the note (a table with few lines exceeding 1 page height, not overly long). Certain cells are not printed (esp. if the text is on more rows inside a cell), an empty page appears at the beginning before the table... in the picture below raw 19 appears with no cells while they are in the note...

Noteshelf notes export to Evernote are not visible anymore. The note gets created but the noteshelf pages are not visibile in the Evernote note.

Still slow

Lots of regressions, I suggest a more solid regression testing process for the releases.

Evernote for Windows 10 PC here. Tested over 2 PCs same issues

TAB.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  What does 'regression' mean in this context?

-and please don't post twice on any subject - I deleted your other post.

regression: something that used to work in previous releases and dosn't work anymore in a new release

Print problems with notes with tables was not there couple o months ago (i've got PDF perfectly made of notes that now are not exporting correctly anymore)

Noteshelf exported notes issue was ok in the prev release, now doesn't work anymore (take a noteshelf book and sync with Evernote and see the note, it used to be a read-only note with a number of images as the number of pages of the noteshelf book)

Slowness it's not a regression though

Understand not to post twice, I will not do it anymore

thanks

• Like 2

EVERNOTE 10.58.5 Open Application Pop Up When Attempting to Open Known Note Links

Hello,

Today (6/18/2023) My Evernote app was updated to release 10.58.5.    When using Evernote on my Dekstop, with this release, I'm now seeing the following message (see screenshot below) any time I attempt to access a link that points to one of my local drives.  Would you please clarify how to turn off the following warning?  This warning now means that instead of accessing a link seamlessly (as in previous versions), I must click through this warning to access my internal links.   Note:  Before today's update, I never received this warning.  Thanks.

Screenshot2023-06-18165449.png.a730f73ec28ee6b8468b95e85cc1c6c3.png

• Level 5*
On 6/19/2023 at 12:04 AM, Burgess777 said:

please clarify how to turn off the following warning? 

Hi.  Evernote posts release note information,  but very rarely answers direct queries in this (mainly user-led) Forum.  Please use the Feedback or (if you subscribe) the Support links to raise any queries.  This sort of warning seems like a standard for most software - I can open web pages without issue,  but you're right this "are you sure?" message comes up where I tried a  direct link to a locally installed application.  I don't know whether it's a change - I seem to remember other complaints about it...

On 6/17/2023 at 5:14 PM, Joeee said:

regression: something that used to work in previous releases and dosn't work anymore in a new release

Print problems with notes with tables was not there couple o months ago (i've got PDF perfectly made of notes that now are not exporting correctly anymore)

Noteshelf exported notes issue was ok in the prev release, now doesn't work anymore (take a noteshelf book and sync with Evernote and see the note, it used to be a read-only note with a number of images as the number of pages of the noteshelf book)

Slowness it's not a regression though

Understand not to post twice, I will not do it anymore

thanks

Hope one of these link to screencap works. The broken table issue happens when A4 page is selected. The initial white page happens always.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/H056lXA.gif[/img]

https://imgur.com/H056lXA

Has anyone found a way to permanently disable the Print Preview function? The only way to access More Settings that I have found is from the Print Preview dialog box. Unfortunately, Evernote does not remember this setting. It has to be disabled every time you print 😒

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, GordonS said:

It has to be disabled every time you print

Hi.  Can you explain in more detail what it is that you are disabling/ need to disable?  I mostly hit Ctrl+P and <return> since 'print' is already selected in the preview pop-up...

For years I have used an excellent Windows Print Preview Program, FinePrint. In the past when I hit Ctrl+P in an Evernote note, the result went straight to FinePrint. Now Evernote insists on bringing up its print preview function. In the release notes it states:

• fallback to the old way of printing in More Settings > Print using system dialog

I can do this, but Evernote does not remember that I did so. As a result, the next time I go to print, the Evernote print preview again comes up.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  I don't have that line in my release notes,  or a More Settings option - though I updated to 10.58.8 now and it just offers "more printing functionality".  I see that I can change the Ctrl+P combination or disable it - but in this context I assume that just means the key combination doesn't work,  but selcting 'print' does - and that involves the new Preview process.  I'd suggest you raise this directly with both Evernote and FinePrint - it's in their joint interest to figure something out.

Note:  These Forums are mainly user 2 user but subscribers can raise support queries here - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new and all users here - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps (or via the feedback option where it is available). 

Too bad. I would not mind going to any of these OS, but all my plugins and software are one-time purchases. So I would need a big budget to subscribe to a few dozen plugins and applications. Many people in my industry are facing the same issue today.

Thanks!

• Evernote Expert
3 hours ago, MusicWiz said:

Is there a way to turn off pop-up messages to update?  Vey annoying. I never had this kind of issue before. Thanks.

No. There is a very active process of encouraging a switch to the new software. It seems very likely that the old version that you have will be withdrawn sooner rather than later.