Stop adding a shortcut to the sendto folder every time the program updates

The Windows desktop version puts a shortcut of itself in the Sendto Folder of Windows every time it upgrades. I don't think it's a common practice, please re-consider it.

• Evernote Expert

This did not happen with v10 in the past but the clamour from users saw it added.  It was a thing with the Legacy program for Windows.

I think you'll have to put up with it or, perhaps, send the Evernote support folk a request to have it as an option in settings.  I think that is an unlikely development too since the focus is on other things at the moment.

• Level 5*

I actually like having that link there,  but while you can't disable it from being created,  you can always remove it manually - 

1. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
  2. Type shell:sendto in the Run dialog box and press Enter. This will open the "SendTo" folder in Windows Explorer.
  3. In the "SendTo" folder, you can add shortcuts to the destinations you want to appear in the "Send to" menu. You can add shortcuts to folders, programs, or other destinations.
    • To create a shortcut, right-click in the folder and select New > Shortcut.
    • In the "Create Shortcut" wizard, browse to the destination you want to add, or enter the path to the destination manually, and click Next.
    • Enter a name for the shortcut and click Finish.
  4. After adding the shortcut, it should appear in the "Send to" menu when you right-click on a file or folder.

-Obvisouly this is to add a shortcut,  but you can just open this folder and delete one if you prefer...

Instructions courtesy of your friendly neighbourhood ChatGPT extension to my Google searches :D

• Like 1
  • Level 5
5 hours ago, fengkan said:

The Windows desktop version puts a shortcut of itself in the Sendto Folder of Windows every time it upgrades. I don't think it's a common practice, please re-consider it.

Thanks for alerting me to the fact that this is back. I've been wanting it for ages.

• Evernote Expert
5 hours ago, fengkan said:

Thank you, guys, I am surprised by the level of activity in this forum. I will repost this in the Windows sub forum

No point really. The answers will be the same. 😏