Roll out of 'AI Cleanup Feature' ..

Go to solution Solved by RgaDawg,

Long time user of EN, here ..

Release Notes, 10.57.5 .. "This release contains important parts of the puzzle as we prepare to roll out the AI Note Cleanup feature. We hope you are as excited as we are about this powerful new feature."

Seems incredibly difficult to submit a ticket, spent way too much time trying to find this, and never did .. Anyway, That's not my concern for now. The latest release notes contain something that I hope EN will put a switch for .. The AI Note Cleanup. No, this is not a diatribe against AI. I love GPT. But, I don't want any AI messing with the over 3,000 notes I have in my EN database. I have them arranged for a reason.  I have notes that are 5 and 6 years old that have not been visited in many years. But, I need all of them to remain in place. They have information that I don't want automatically "cleaned up."  Please, put a switch for this, or reassure us that that feature will not mess with any notes we have or the arrangement of notes we have.

Thanks.

• Like 2

Rest assured that our AI features will be opt-in only, meaning your data won’t be processed by the AI model unless you explicitly direct Evernote to do so. And if you do decide to opt in, you’re still in control of your data, and we continue to keep your data safe, secure, and private by implementing the principles of privacy by design and by default.

https://evernote.com/blog/evernote-pricing-upcoming-features-update/

I suppose it will be for content assistance. I have precise stuff in many notes, order details, numbers, etc.

• Like 1

Per info here - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/16280830963091-AI-Note-Cleanup-Overview - AI Note Cleanup will be opt-in on a note-by-note basis. At least initially, one has to load the specific note to which one wants to apply the cleanup.

Maybe at some point there will be the ability to select a small number of notes for Note Cleanup in one command, but I suspect that won't happen soon. The feature has a max of 6000 characters and will take some computer processing power, so I'd guess that Evernote will keep it note-by-note for the time being.

@RgaDawg Its a tool that needs action and not a feature that runs through your notes. If you have a note that you wants formatting then you click a button and the clean up is done. Nothing messes with notes automatically.

• Like 2

The "AI Cleanup" button popped up in my EN this morning, and I tried it a few times - definitely helpful. I will post a new thread with my thoughts later today. 

As noted above, the feature is NOT messing with your notes automatically. You have to affirmatively run it on each note, one at a time. 

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

The roll out of AI Cleanup is not quite complete. You may need to logout and back in to kick it into action but otherwise just wait until it reappears.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

We were told that it is in extended testing, and that it will probably include maybe 20% of all users. If this means 20% get a shot at it, and then it rotates to new users we don‘t know. So you need to wait & see - maybe you log out/in some more in the next days.

Once the feedback is reviewed and the feature adapted, it is said to roll out for all users. „All“ means it will be linked to the subscription level - no idea what this means, and if maybe Free users get a few test shots.