Interegrate with outlook calendar

• Evernote Expert

The Outlook integration has been in beta test for sometime.  Perhaps it will arrive soon or perhaps there are significant challenges. Until then, a workaround is all you have available.

• Like 1

Outlook calendar integration is critical.  My company does not allow publishing of outlook calendar to Google calendar, so if I want to see my calendar in Evernote I either look at a blank Google calendar, or I'm forced to manually maintain two calendars.   Outlook calendar integration has been discussed for a long, long, time.  When is this going to arrive?

• Like 1

I would also love to come back to Outlook, but the difference in integration of the calendar with Evernote keeps me locked in Google Calendar.

I would highly appreciate some developement on this front. The sooner, the better.

Kind Regards Carsten Esbensen

• Like 1

I am forced to used M365 with work and the Google Sync with Outlook is not reliable. I may have to move back to OneNote and I am disappointed in that fact. Love the Tasks integration in Evernote but need them to Sync with IOS Reminders like Microsoft Todo does. (Or Sync to Microsoft TODO, and that would therefore sync with Reminders.)

• Evernote Expert

The Outlook Calendar sync remains in beta test.  Presumably some challenges have been identified but it, will, eventually arrive.

Tasks do not sync with external services and, I suspect, never will.

Calendars are, and are likely to remain, one directional connections - ie you can see your calendar inside Evernote but cannot send data the opposite direction to the calendar application. If you want/need bi-directional links then Evernote isn't the place to work with calendars or Tasks.

1 hour ago, TechSeek said:

I am forced to used M365 with work and the Google Sync with Outlook is not reliable. I may have to move back to OneNote and I am disappointed in that fact. Love the Tasks integration in Evernote but need them to Sync with IOS Reminders like Microsoft Todo does. (Or Sync to Microsoft TODO, and that would therefore sync with Reminders.)

I use Outlook Calendar on my PC and Google Calendar on my Tablet and phone.  I can add, edit, and delete entries on any of them, and the 4Team Sync2 programme running on my PC keeps them both Synced flawlessly.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/20/2023 at 2:19 PM, TechSeek said:

4Team Sync2 for outlook works very well.

• 7 months later...

I've synced my Outlook calendar to Google and then my Google calendar into Evernote. My appointments all show up now in Evernote but they all have the title "Busy" because the migration/sync from Outlook to Google doesn't retain the original appointment titles as defined in Outlook. I'd love to have my original Outlook appointment titles in my Evernote calendar. Any thoughts on how to fix this glitch between the Outlook>Google sync?

• 4 weeks later...

I love the amazing features that this app offers. Unfortantely, I have been unable to enroll because Evernote still does have the Outlook Integration feature. I have been monitoring it for a year and just checked today to see if there is any updates on this; still nothing. Per the previous comments from the Evernote expert, the outlook integration is still in production. Hopefully, this feature gets launched soon. Can't wait to use evernote!

• 4 weeks later...

Currently, I export on a weekly basis manually the next weeks appointments from my outlook calendar to evernote (through "send by eMail" and copy&paste the contents ignoring formatting).

Afterwards I link all my appointments now on one main page in EN to correaponding notes. This is for me really helpful and makes my work more efficient: My preparation for meetings is easier, I make notes during the meeting and I summarize the main topics and actions.

The only feature I miss is the ability to link to specific sections within EN and to collapse oher, older sections - That would make EN nearly perfect for my needs 😉

I think this task has gotten far more complicated in the last months, because Microsoft is on a strange path with Outlook.

Most people are talking about the Windows desktop version (Win32) when they mention Outlook. Microsoft doesn't anymore; they are completely focussed on the browser client (outlook.com) or their "new Outlook", which is just a wrapped web app with many problems (e.g. security problems: you can't connect it to a company IMAP server without routing all mail content and the login credentials over Microsoft servers).

Outlook (Win32) integrations and connections have mostly been done via APIs like COM/VST on Windows. The former version of the Evernote clipper did (so did the OneNote-importer from the classic Evernote desktop version on Windows, which is gone now), the Outlook-OneNote connection does. But lately a new form of Add-Ins has been introduced to Outlook, that is web based. The current Evernote Add-on in Outlook is using this new format (btw, that's why it doesn't seem to work with non Microsoft mail accounts anymore), OneNote sync still doesn't.

Microsoft already confirmed, that the "new" Outlook (which will not replace the Win32 outlook in MS Office for a long time) will never support the COM/VST Add-ons or other direct communication with other Windows programs. So...if Evernote will sync with Outlook calendars, it's very likely that they will only support Microsoft mail accounts (like with Google) but not your companys Exchange calendar for example.

I can imagine that the Evernote devs are waiting in which direction Microsoft will go with that whole Outlook mess before they even consider to make a move. I'd not expect Outlook support from Evernote for quite a while.

(excuse my English, not my native language)

On 4/9/2023 at 11:25 PM, WatchAdam said:

Looking forward to this integration. For me the workaround doesn't pull in the most recent updates to my calendar quickly enough. 

My Outlook Calendar is synced with Google my items appear in EN Google Sync Calendar within around 5 Mins.

On 4/20/2023 at 2:19 PM, TechSeek said:

Google Sync with Outlook is not reliable.

I have been Syncing Outlook with Google for the past 18 months with no issues.

8 hours ago, bmcl26 said:

I have been Syncing Outlook with Google for the past 18 months with no issues.

I use an external subscription to SyncGene, which synchronizes my Outlook Calendar with my Google Calendar.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, MvdH said:

I use an external subscription to SyncGene, which synchronizes my Outlook Calendar with my Google Calendar.

I use an external programme as well Sync2 by 4Team.   It works seamlessly and syncs no matter which Calendar you amend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1