Are new owners going to nickel and dime us like Evernote management has over the past few years?

it's really been ridiculous these past few years.   Evernote has now turned into everMONEY by throwing everything up behind a paywall.    I couldn't afford my subscription again and realized I had to again, unsync devices, but this time it tells me I only have 2 unsyncs left.  Does this mean if I unsync 2 more times then I'm locked into whatever devices are synced forever unless I upgrade to a paid plan again?  How is this helpful to the customer?    Evernote Web version complains I'm on the free plan so widgets are turned off so I need to hit a button to refresh to the free layout.   I do that.   I don't want the scratch pad so I'm allowed to edit and remove it but it tells me to remove it I need to sign up for a plan.  Seriously?  Removing a scratch pad from a UI requires me to buy a subscription?  You can't just allow it anymore?  Also, the scratch pad IS a widget.  Woops.   EVERMONEY... 

This has me continuing to stick with No.... where the subscription is cheaper and the free tier gives you more flexibility.   

FIX YOUR PRICING, EVERMONEY.

• Level 5

Sure, while on Free you have a devices limit, and you have a cap on unsyncs per month. Say thank you to users who tried to work around the device limit by permanently swapping devices.

The Free plan is generous, since it allows infinite use. I checked out some other apps: Continuous Free use is a rare exception - the worst I have come over was a free model based on getting 5 notes (five, wow) for free. After that, it was pay or go.

If you expect anything for nothing, you end up with nothing. Stick to the limits of the Free plan, if it works for you. Subscribe, if it is not enough, and you find value in what you get. Or simply leave, if you can’t make the one or pay the other.

• Like 4
15 hours ago, Pancakes said:

I couldn't afford my subscription again

I am on the Professional Plan, and it only cost me the equivalent of a cup of coffee a week.  The Personal plan is even cheaper. I am afraid you only get what you pay for.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5

When I had my courses in marketing, they just had developed the "BigMac"-Index, to compare real world prices between different regions of the world. A BigMac was that highly standardized product, available everywhere, that showed implicitly the level of local prices, way more accurate compared to a plain currency conversion.

For this forum we have to overhaul this approach. It seems we are now committed to a "Starbucks" index. Personal plan black, Professional with flavour.

I wish everybody a sunny and coffee-rich weekend while enjoying whatever is to be done - maybe including an hour of setting some notes straight that are missing a tag or two.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

maybe including an hour of setting some notes straight that are missing a tag or two.

Need some Ai to do this for you 😂 then you can enjoy more sun and coffee.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
58 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

Need some Ai to do this for you

Filterize does a lot of tagging and filing for me...  there's a 30-day free trial,  after which it's actually a little more expensive than Evernote to subscribe,  but I am very very lazy...

• Like 1

hey just got my spam mail about 40% off Personal.   I logged in and checked... $80 a year.  I'm trying to find the punch line, as this has to be a joke.  $80 a year (AFTER the 40% off) for Personal?????   Personal.. $80, after the 40% discount..   so normally it's over $110 for personal, per year?  I guess Evernote gave me the Notion to stick with someone else.

• Confused 1
On 3/24/2023 at 7:06 PM, Pancakes said:

hey just got my spam mail about 40% off Personal.   I logged in and checked... $80 a year.  I'm trying to find the punch line, as this has to be a joke.  $80 a year (AFTER the 40% off) for Personal?????   Personal.. $80, after the 40% discount..   so normally it's over $110 for personal, per year?  I guess Evernote gave me the Notion to stick with someone else.

Isn't it even more, $133 instead of $110 per year ?

The more plausible explanation is that they probably "forgot" to apply the 40% and charged the full price of 80 dollars...

What does support say about this 'price discount' ?