Should I expect to pay over $500 a year for a Personal license?

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

• Level 5
  • Solution

It is looking quite elusive … from what I see it looks like a malfunction.

Prices on the official website (in Euros) were 69.99€ for Personal, yearly plan. The same shows in the Apple AppStore as inapp-purchase.

My subscription runs through the AppStore. I get my official price 4 weeks in advance. So either way no need to worry.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Jethro Belano said:

Shocking!

image.thumb.png.7ff971dcc2a70d6dbe6a8a65ee941529.png

Thanks - JB

Interesting! I just started a thread (below) as I saw some discussion about a much more "modest" price increase of only 80%. I speculated that it could be a pricing test. This offer you saw could be a mistake as @PinkElephantsuggested, or it may in fact be another pricing test...

The Reddit page is filling with similar things. BS are mocking users lol, and people are taking it without question. You can get probably every other notes app on subscription for the yearly price quoted above! 

• Level 5

THE PAGE is not filling on Reddit. There is one thread, started with an unproven statement, followed by a growing number of posts (currently at 90) debating mainly 2 things: Ups and downs of other note taking apps (always a good thing), and several comments that only show the price level that was already communicated months ago here.

Tough on grandfathered plans, because they move up the same absolute amount as the active plans - which makes a larger percentage. A raise for the active plans, which we can debate, but in the 10-12€ range per year. Not nothing, but nothing to feel „shocked“ about.

I wait and see - iTunes will send me a notification 4 weeks before my sub is renewing. Ample time to decide - then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that this is simply a mistake and the wrong figure has been applied. 

Its quite common to put placeholder values into code when testing, perhaps someone simply applied this on the live instead of test environment. 

• Like 1

Thank you all for your help!

I didn't think to purchase through my phone. 🙁 When I did, I saw a much more reasonable price of $6.67 per month with an annual subscription. Yay. I see this reflected as well in my desktop version. Evernote has to get their act together, I spent a couple of hours trying to reach out to them, search online, etc. when I saw the $500 price tag.

Thanks again all and have a wonderful week!

• Like 3