EN for gmail no longer working

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this. I've used EN for Gmail for years and it always works perfectly.  Now it stopped working.  When I click on the little green icon on the right side of my Gmail it opens up a page which says "Log in to your EN account or create a new account for free".  There is then the option to hit a button that says Start Now.  

image.png.ae9665e0a06bbee34609bf469cd94d73.png

If I hit Start Now it takes me to another page which asks me to re-authorize for a year

image.png.cdc4694083c8166bd0d2363fa4c353a8.png

Whether I hit "reauthorize" or "revoke" I get this error message:

image.png.93273852aafe6a8ed19e85071943c613.png

I have tried a chat with EN but after a long and convoluted process it went nowhere and they asked me if they could escalate it further.  They said they would reach out to me with an email.  I don't have much hope.  I forgot to mention that this also happens when I use Firefox, so it not browser specific.  Also, I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the Google mail service from Gmail and it did not help. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Google for EN but this did not work either.

image.png

THanks Gazumped.  I don't think it's the device because when I got home I noticed the same problem there ie: I can see the little green icon next to gmail but clicking it does nothing other than take me down the same path.  I will hopefully receive an email from EN tech support.  I assume this has something to do with Google account or maybe Gmail account.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, idoc said:

THanks Gazumped.  I don't think it's the device because when I got home I noticed the same problem there ie: I can see the little green icon next to gmail but clicking it does nothing other than take me down the same path.  I will hopefully receive an email from EN tech support.  I assume this has something to do with Google account or maybe Gmail account.

Have the same issue, just checked. Was deauthorized and when authorizing got same message as you, Google script error.

• Evernote Expert

I also gave it a try with Gmail in my normal browser, Firefox, and also in Chrome.  The Gmail add-on opened and performed the task as expected.  Like @Dave Andrade I rarely use this feature but the add-on was still connected to my Gmail account and worked first time.

I eventually solved the problem but it was difficult.  I had to uninstall everything google related in Evernote.  This includes the permission to login using google and also the connection between google mail and EN.  I then signed out of EN and Gmail completely and shut down the desktop.  I restarted the desktop, logged back into Gmail, re-initiated the permissions for google log in to EN and for Gmail to EN, and it worked.  For some reason, various combinations and permutations of this sequence did not work and kept giving me the error.

• 1 year later...

Just noticed a problem with the green elephant method.  I can still forward to EN if I bypass the clipper method.  I updated Chrome and signed in and out of Gmail but it didn't help.  

image.png.71c81b9a09e97749a27df29d29f53c8e.png

I'm getting the same error. I tried signing out of Evernote gmail, but I have not tried signing out of gmail. I don't like to forward emails to evernote as it messes up the graphics.

Clipper encountered an error

Warning
Unknown error occurred.

EDAM_UNK-EDAM_UNK-{"msg":"method with the requested number of arguments not found (session may have timed out)","code":591}

Hey Hi @idoc It's working fine. You should try to clear your browser cache and cookies or try to use a different browser to see if the problem is coming. Sometimes, resetting browser settings can resolve such issues.

@idoc, what version of the Clipper are you using?  I believe there was a bug-fix update to the Clipper released over the last few days.  The current version is 7.35, I believe.

Vinnie

1 minute ago, VincentC said:

@idoc, what version of the Clipper are you using?  I believe there was a bug-fix update to the Clipper released over the last few days.  The current version is 7.35, I believe.

Vinnie

I use the gmail add-in. How do we update it?

Sorry, I don't know.  Someone else might.  I was just responding to two pieces of information which may not go together: iDoc's mention of a problem with the Clipper, and me noticing a recent update to the web clipper.  My response might be completely irrelevant if iDoc was referring to a different clipper.  Sorry.

Vinnie

• Level 5*
24 minutes ago, notetakeingguy said:

I use the gmail add-in. How do we update it?

In Safari - Safari extensions - update

Probably something similar in other browsers.