"Web Clipper log in successful" only. Can't clip web pages

IcI

Why does my web clipper extension for Firefox not log into EN?

When I click the extension icon to snip a web page, it constantly pops open a new tab stating

Success! Web Clipper log in successful. You’re now logged in and may close this window.
Happy clipping!

Right clicking the extension icon gives me the option to log into EN again. I can't snip any web pages.

I'm using

• Ubuntu 22.04LTS
  • Latest stable Firefox (v108.0 64-bit)
  • Up to date ENWC extension (v7.29.2)
  • Firefox containers with EN forced into a specific shared container

On other computers with the exact same set up, everything works correctly. This is a new computer & I can't get ENWC working since first log into the PC.Tried removing the extension & adding it back in without success.

Using the Firefox inspector for the extension, I can see various errors:

Channel: Message 'tabClipper.getCurrentTheme' failed with error: Error: There is no clipping info for given tab
    _tabClipper moz-extension://42a7ec0e-f178-4dd3-a432-397168f40fcf/commons.js:2
    tabClipper moz-extension://42a7ec0e-f178-4dd3-a432-397168f40fcf/commons.js:2
    _handleDispatchRequest moz-extension://42a7ec0e-f178-4dd3-a432-397168f40fcf/commons.js:2
    _handleMessage moz-extension://42a7ec0e-f178-4dd3-a432-397168f40fcf/commons.js:2
    _listener moz-extension://42a7ec0e-f178-4dd3-a432-397168f40fcf/commons.js:2
commons.js:2:422071
clipper-sso cookie not found! commons.js:2:422015
Account logged out: 
Object { errorCode: 5, parameter: "authenticationToken" }
commons.js:2:422117
Cookie 'clipper-sso' could not be deleted commons.js:2:422015
Channel: Message 'tabClipper.checkBackgroundStatus' failed with error: Error: There is no clipping info for given tab
    _tabClipper moz-extension://42a7ec0e-f178-4dd3-a432-397168f40fcf/commons.js:2
    tabClipper moz-extension://42a7ec0e-f178-4dd3-a432-397168f40fcf/commons.js:2
    _handleDispatchRequest moz-extension://42a7ec0e-f178-4dd3-a432-397168f40fcf/commons.js:2
    _handleMessage moz-extension://42a7ec0e-f178-4dd3-a432-397168f40fcf/commons.js:2
    _listener moz-extension://42a7ec0e-f178-4dd3-a432-397168f40fcf/commons.js:2

and

----- Button clicked ------- commons.js:2:422117
Could not login while handling browser action. Login dialog closed commons.js:2:422015
Channel: Message 'tabClipper.checkBackgroundStatus' failed with error: Error: There is no clipping info for given tab

• Level 5

I don't use Firefox often, and I'm on Windows rather than Linux, but I just tried it, and the Web Clipper was ready and waiting; I only had to allow a couple of permissions. I don't think I've ever had to log in to the Clipper, maybe because I've generally already logged in to Evernote Web first. You might try that; and also (if you haven't) clearing cache and cookies. Have you tried any other browsers?

21 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Sorry - no clues here:  unless someone has a better idea I'd suggest raising this with Support.. (mostly other users here).

Thx. I'm using the free version, so assuming I don't qualify for support

11 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I don't use Firefox often, and I'm on Windows rather than Linux, but I just tried it, and the Web Clipper was ready and waiting; I only had to allow a couple of permissions. I don't think I've ever had to log in to the Clipper, maybe because I've generally already logged in to Evernote Web first. You might try that; and also (if you haven't) clearing cache and cookies. Have you tried any other browsers?

Yeah, tried logging into EN first, but the ENWC behaves the same. Clearing cache & cookies also didn't help.

I was trying to avoid creating a new Firefox profile

On 1/10/2023 at 7:05 AM, IcI said:

The ENWC extension works in a brand new profile with only the ENWC extension loaded

Could it be other extensions messing with the clipper? Try disabling all of them apart from the clipper and then enable one at a time.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Level 5

First about the subform: Web Client is not Web Clipper.

But this mistake has been made initially.

The easiest way usually is to uninstall the extension, quit the browser, restart it and make a fresh install.

For more detailed advise: On which browser do you want to use WebClipper, and on which OS ?