Evernote not working in FireFox

For at least the last couple of days, Evernote has been unable to load in on FireFox. I can get to the Evernote home page, but when I try to login to use my account, you know, the thing Evernote is used for, it's stuck in an endless loading loop. So glad I left this service behind earlier this year for Zoho Notebook.

26 minutes ago, gazumped said:

So you just thought you'd share your departure?  Kind,  but -trust me- not necessary.  Have a nice holiday.  Goodbye.

Or they could, you know, fix the issue so that they don't lose other users to rival apps? Crazy idea, I know.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

@Andrew Burnes Even more crazy: I took this hint and logged into my account on Firefox, 108.0.1 - it confirmed me it is the latest release.

Just working - crazy, isn’t it ?

Because you were so convinced you‘ve made your point. Now in the end it is your blocking extensions, your firewall, your network setup. So sad you had to depart for an inferior solution. I really feel with you !

• Like 2
3 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

@Andrew Burnes Even more crazy: I took this hint and logged into my account on Firefox, 108.0.1 - it confirmed me it is the latest release.

Just working - crazy, isn’t it ?

Because you were so convinced you‘ve made your point. Now in the end it is your blocking extensions, your firewall, your network setup. So sad you had to depart for an inferior solution. I really feel with you !

Still not working on my end. Zoho does work and doesn't run like absolute ***** to boot! Glad to leave this ***** app with apparently even shittier community members behind.

***** you.

16 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

You are just leaving a trail of stars behind you.

Like a firecracker - nice to watch, but no substance, only foul bang and smoke.

I'd just like to be able to use Evernote in Firefox. I recognized I probably wouldn't really get any solutions here, but I've got to admit, bad poetry wasn't on my Bingo card.

• Level 5*
34 minutes ago, Andrew Burnes said:

I recognized I probably wouldn't really get any solutions here

We'll try to live down to your expectations,  but an earlier post did give you some pointers - you could try a different browser just to make sure your issues are Firefox related,  and if they are:

1. try creating a new profile in Firefox to check whether your preferred extensions are conflicting with Evernote
  2. check any VPN / malware apps to ensure there's no blockage there
  3. check your connection speed,  and leave plenty of time for Evernote to load - there's a lot of housekeeping in a first time boot-up (which this will be on a new profile)
  4. check for other users on the same network - are there other downloads going on?

And who knows - if you really want to fix your issue... try raising this with Support (if you're a subscriber) because they can check under the hood to see what your connection is doing from their end.

If other people can connect with Firefox,  this is a 'you' problem,  not an Evernote issue.

You could also try the downloaded and installed app via Evernote.com - which has a few more bells and whistles than the browser version and isn't dependent on the browser architecture to work.

• Level 5
2 hours ago, Andrew Burnes said:

Still not working on my end. Zoho does work and doesn't run like absolute ***** to boot! Glad to leave this ***** app with apparently even shittier community members behind.

***** you.

Dude, you came in here to report Evernote not working for you, even though you don't use it anymore  , apparently not to get help, but just to cop a 'tude about not using something that you're trying to use. People might be pardoned for wondering what your point is. And for pointing out that your individual experience with Evernote is just your experience, not a comprehensive report on the service.

Annywaaay.... Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, frohe Weihnachten, feliz Navidad, and may all your Zoho time be ho-ho-ho time, and may Evernote just float our boat.☺️

5 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Dude, you came in here to report Evernote not working for you, even though you don't use it anymore  , apparently not to get help, but just to cop a 'tude about not using something that you're trying to use. People might be pardoned for wondering what your point is. And for pointing out that your individual experience with Evernote is just your experience, not a comprehensive report on the service.

Annywaaay.... Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, frohe Weihnachten, feliz Navidad, and may all your Zoho time be ho-ho-ho time, and may Evernote just float our boat.☺️

I used Evernote for over half a decade, so yes I still have some legacy notes in there that I reference on occasion even if I have since replaced it with a much more reliable app for current note-taking. The fact that I haven't been able to do THAT in Firefox for the last couple of days, I thought, would be worth reporting.

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

We'll try to live down to your expectations,  but an earlier post did give you some pointers - you could try a different browser just to make sure your issues are Firefox related,  and if they are:

1. try creating a new profile in Firefox to check whether your preferred extensions are conflicting with Evernote
  2. check any VPN / malware apps to ensure there's no blockage there
  3. check your connection speed,  and leave plenty of time for Evernote to load - there's a lot of housekeeping in a first time boot-up (which this will be on a new profile)
  4. check for other users on the same network - are there other downloads going on?

And who knows - if you really want to fix your issue... try raising this with Support (if you're a subscriber) because they can check under the hood to see what your connection is doing from their end.

If other people can connect with Firefox,  this is a 'you' problem,  not an Evernote issue.

You could also try the downloaded and installed app via Evernote.com - which has a few more bells and whistles than the browser version and isn't dependent on the browser architecture to work.

Appreciate the parts of this message that are actually helpful. It is a Firefox specific issue; works just fine in Chrome, so it isn't the end of the world, mostly just annoying. I am not a subscriber, mostly due to common issues like this that have plagued my time with Evernote over the last year. I've floated downloading the app in the past, but I couldn't use the web app, phone app and desktop app concurrently without forking over cash, which is another reason I have ultimately decided to largely dump the service, save for a few legacy notes I occasionally reference.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Andrew Burnes said:

I have ultimately decided to largely dump the service

Two benefits of actually subscribing - access to Evernote Support,  and via multiple devices.  However the mantra here is generally: "whatever works for you",  and if Evernote doesn't - good luck with Zoho!

• Evernote Expert

For others passing by, I can confirm that I can easily access my Evernote account using my browser of choice, Firefox, running on Windows 11.

If I was attempting to resolve this I'd follow the Firefox support advice for issues accessing websites...

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-cant-load-websites-other-browsers-can

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/websites-dont-load-troubleshoot-and-fix-errors

• Like 3
4 hours ago, agsteele said:

I can confirm that I can easily access my Evernote account using my browser of choice, Firefox, running on Windows 11

Evernote in Firefox (108.0.1) works just fine for me on MacOS (Monterey) too.

• Like 1

Although the title of this thread is "Evernote not working in FireFox", we can know two things based on this thread so far: 1) it does indeed work in Firefox and 2) that wasn't the real intent of the post anyway.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey gang - my Evernote simply wont open in Firefox 108.0.2 on my Macbook Pro. Works fine on my iPhone.

Anone got any constructive suggestions to what I might try please (also, I'm not overly tech savvy so please keep it simple !!)

Many thanks

• Level 5

I just checked the same version of FF, but on a Windows machine, and Evernote loaded OK. Have you tried clearing Evernote's cache and cookies? Go to the Firefox main menu (3 stacked lines at top right), then Settings, then Privacy & Security, then scroll down to Cookies and Site Data. Either click Clear Data (which may cause some other Websites to behave unexpectedly); or click Manage Data, then search for evernote.com, then click Remove All Shown. On various browsers, I've found this to be helpful in getting Evernote "unstuck."

• Level 5

Well, my simple method is to open FF 108.0.2 on one of my Macs, type in Evernote.com, then login, enter my login data and it loads.

No problem (tested on Mac mini M1, Ventura).

What may be a problem if you are on the Free plan is the devices limit. The web client counts as a device. You can go beyond the 2 devices allowed, and then the web client will not load your notes.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A big THANKS to Dave-in-Decatur! I've had the same problem with my web app "stuck" on Firefox for months. I gave up trying to login and was only using it on my phone. I didn't have the time or energy to resolve the issue. Finally, I decided to search for solutions and found this forum, and Dave's solution. I tried the "Remove All Shown' part of his solution and it worked! I've used Evernote since December 2009 and this was the first major issue I've had. Glad to be back in the game. Thanks again.

p.s. Sadly, the biggest hassle with finding help in this forum was sifting through all the nonsense, gripes, personal attacks, etc. I'm glad I hung in there though, but it's too bad I had to wade through so much ***** to get there.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

@Maymey, I'm glad that helped! I very much wish it hadn't been necessary, especially since it's been going on so long (if also so randomly). I first contacted support about it when using the Evernote Web beta v. 6.11.0, around 3 years ago. It just seems like a really fixable problem involving cookies. But who knows.