Evernote Plus vs. Personal or Professional. Why would someone upgrade?

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

Greetings,

I have never really understood why I should update to Personal or Professional.  I am not necessarily opposed to it if it provides good value but still don't know WHY I would update.  Maybe it is me (likely) or maybe EN could have done a better job marketing it.  Can someone help with this?

I have used EN for years. I have 13,000 notes and expect it to grow and grow. Maybe a basic point but it has become my digital filing cabinet. I am a pastor and have maybe 100+ categories that I use for future reference when teaching/preaching.  I clip many articles to this end (and from Twitter too which is frustrating).  I use it some for personal items too.  I primarily use it on a Chromebook. Finding items can be a hassle but that is probably me.  

Thoughts on why someone might upgrade?

Thank you!

Tom

• Evernote Expert

Take a look at the Evernote website and compare plans.

You'll see what the various upgrades provide. It is an individual decision. If you need the additional features and functions then you can work out whether it is worth the investment for you. 

• Like 1

As @agsteele states a personal choice, for me having used EN since 2011 it is a No Brainer, prior to the new plans I was on the old Premium but have upgraded to Professionl.  I currently have in excess of 26,000 notes and my use of evernote has accelerated rapidly, with the introduction of Home, Tasks, Calendar & Widgets.  Home page is my guiding light to what I have planned or need to achieve each day, and I consider the £1,83p per week as awise investment.  

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote no longer offers a 'Plus' access level to the product so presumably they'll discontinue it at some stage,  by which you'll be able either to move elsewhere or see what offers you get to encourage you to move over.  Meantime if you're happy with what you have,  I'd see no  reason to change.

This comparison of features may help you decide - Compare Evernote subscription plans

If your version of Evernote shows up as anything other than v10.xx though,  there is a hidden benefit of upgrading.  "Legacy" versions pre-10 are not being supported - so it's possible that changes to your device operating system will start to affect how the app works.  Also malware threats may arise to threaten your account and in the older versions,  Evernote will not update the code to protect you.

The additional cost is only the cost of a coffee a day,  although us caffeine addicts might balk at the thought of losing even one of those...  ^_^

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, bmcl26 said:

As @agsteele states a personal choice, for me havin used EN since 2011 it is a No Brainer prior to the new plans I was on the old Premium but have upgraded to Professionl I currently have in excess of 26,000 notes and my use of evernot has accelerated rapidly with the introduction of Home, Tasks, Calendar & Widgets Home page is my guiding light to what I have planned or need to achieve each day and I considr the £1,83p per week as awise investment.  

So for you, EN has become more than a digital filing cabinet but a source to organize your day, week, do to lists, etc., yes?  And the calendar would work with Google?  Thank you.  I appreciate your help.  Tom

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, trouwborst said:

And the calendar would work with Google? 

Just a caution - Evernote's calendar shows what is on Google - it's not a two-way connection.  That may change in future,  but it's just a window for now.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Just a caution - Evernote's calendar shows what is on Google - it's not a two-way connection.  That may change in future,  but it's just a window for now.

But you can link your notes to a Calendar event, and you can set reminders for these events and open the relevant notes.   I attach all sorts of Word, Excel, PDF Pictures etc so when I open the relevant note everything I need is available in he one place.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, trouwborst said:

So for you, EN has become more than a digital filing cabinet but a source to organize your day, week, do to lists, etc., yes?  And the calendar would work with Google?  Thank you.  I appreciate your help.  Tom

Yes Tom, I find it great you can set Tasks, which can be recurring, and if you choose to display your Calendar, Tasks etc on the Home Screen it is a Dashboard for your guidance each day.

• Like 2
  • Level 5

@trouwborst, my use is similar to yours, though I don't have nearly as many notes, partly because I don't use it as a filing cabinet. I consider my use of it to be "professional" (I'm a retired professor, still researching and writing), so I pay for the Professional plan--and enjoy its benefits, as @bmcl26 indicates, including the ability to access it on more than 2 devices. But what you expect to get out of it naturally determines what $$ you're willing to put into it.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

I just upgraded to Personal.  

I see a change on my IPhone but when using EN on the Web, I don't see any changes.

Since I primarily use a Chromebook, I primarily use EN Web.  

Does the Homepage work on the web version?

Thanks!

Tom

Hi,

I still have been unsuccessful in getting the Homepage to work on Chrome.  It works on my phone, Chromebook app and PC.  

I signed out, cleared the cache, cookies and other site data on Chrome, and rebooted. I also just deleted all my site settings. That too did not work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Tom

• Evernote Expert

That's very strange. Do you have the ability to install an alternative browser? If so do that as a temporary test and see what happens.

Certainly an issue like this is usually resolved by clearing the cache and cookies.

If you have any Chrome add-ons then disable these too as a trial.

• Level 5
  • Solution

Have you already checked your account settings ? To see all features on the web client, there is a switch in account settings, personal settings, Activate Web Client v10+.

This checkbox need to be checked to give access to all features in the web client.