Web version always complains about unsynced changes even when there are no changes

Go to solution Solved by pjblabla,

About a week ago, the web version of Evernote started to always complain about unsynced changes. I have attached a screenshot. This occurs every time I try to log out.

• It happens even when the note says "All changes saved" in the bottom right corner.
  • It happens even if you log in and then immediately log out without changing anything.

In my testing, if you log out, all changes were saved and no changes were lost.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro and the latest Firefox 105.0.1.

Evernote.png

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

Hi.  Are you a subscriber?  You may have exceeded some system limits in uploads or note sizes,  or have something else affecting the sync connection between your system and the server. Since you're effectively talking to the server on the Web,  what you see is (presumably) already synced.  The error maybe on another device?

Evernote system limits

Tips for troubleshooting syncing issues

No, I am not a subscriber. I checked and I'm not exceeding any system limits.

No other device is in use when I use the web version.

Since this started happening in the last week or so, I think there is a new bug with Evernote and Firefox.

• Evernote Expert
13 hours ago, ltleelim said:

No other device is in use when I use the web version.

If you are Free plan user then it is not a question of how many devices are in use when you are attempting to use the web version. Rather, how many devices do you have connected to your account? This could be more than two if you have been using Evernote for awhile on different devices which you may have long since stopped using. You can only check this online at: https://www.evernote.com/Devices.action

You can only have two devices and Web counts as one.  If you have previously connected via other devices you may see more than two devices listed.  You need to get that list down to one only and then you should be able to open the Web version. However, as a Free user you only have two unsyncs available per month.  In that case you will have to wait until the next month to make more unsyncs.  Or you can subscribe for one month and get it all done in one go.

A subscription will also get you access to support from Evernote directly.

• Solution

Yes I also noticed this message since end of September

I subscribe to Evernote 

I raised a support ticket and was told that this is an issue however there is no timeframe for a fix 

Quite disappointed as I have to double check every change has committed by logging from Evernote mobile before logging out of Evernote web 

On 10/4/2022 at 6:43 AM, agsteele said:

If you are Free plan user then it is not a question of how many devices are in use when you are attempting to use the web version. Rather, how many devices do you have connected to your account? This could be more than two if you have been using Evernote for awhile on different devices which you may have long since stopped using. You can only check this online at: https://www.evernote.com/Devices.action

Thanks for clarifying. I only have two connected.

2 hours ago, pjblabla said:

Yes I also noticed this message since end of September

I subscribe to Evernote 

I raised a support ticket and was told that this is an issue however there is no timeframe for a fix 

Quite disappointed as I have to double check every change has committed by logging from Evernote mobile before logging out of Evernote web 

Thanks for filing a support ticket!

I used to double check like you are doing, but now I just look for the "All changes saved" message.

am a subscriber, and I'm also seeing this using the Web. I've emptied my browser cache and no difference. I don't see any sign of lost changes in documents, but really?? Every time I sign out? I don't use any other version of Evernote.

I'm really disappointed that there's no way to file a support ticket for a subscriber, just this forum. I expect more for the price.807673960_ScreenShot2022-09-26at9_43_22AM.thumb.png.9e19b5913891c88c2d730085ccbed88b.png